Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-01-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
lot of suffering and anxiety in the world right now. i'm 100% on board with shippers prioritizing real essentials like food, medicine, etc.

I'm OK with this too, except I'm not OK with shipping agents asking me what I'm shipping.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:37 AM
Vendor

I'm missing two pair of pedals that were sent out. Not sure where they're at right now.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:56 AM
Rock Hard ~ Ride Free

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skenry View Post
"...I'm OK with this too, except I'm not OK with shipping agents asking me what I'm shipping..."
Totally understood, Skenry.
Perhaps the technique would be to ask if one would "voluntarily direct this package to a slower method" to make way for urgent shipments?
Declaring everything in detail certainly opens the door to potential theft.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:03 AM
SageOfMilwaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by stien View Post
Priority mail is no longer a priority it seems. I'm working with a really awesome seller here who shipping something to me two day priority. supposed to arrive on the 7th. Still not here, not only late but it travelled several states in the wrong direction.

The seller contacted USPS directly and they told him that they were contracting out some coverage areas to UPS!

We are 2/2 wicked late packages the past two weeks, a few more incoming, which I have low expectations for.

Anyone else seeing a decrease in service? Is USPS hemmoraging cash?

I have seen the opposite. Things at our local USPS are running like a Swiss watch. Going out faster and getting in faster, for both Priority and First class.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kppolich View Post
I have seen the opposite. Things at our local USPS are running like a Swiss watch. Going out faster and getting in faster, for both Priority and First class.
A lot has changed in 6 years! (when the OP was posted).

My intent in bumping this thread was to get some folks to bellyache with me, clearly bike parts are not a priority over essential goods, food, medicine, or worker health. I've got one package above board with USPS and one package totally MIA. I can't ride this particular bike until I get both, so
Old 04-01-2020, 12:52 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by alancw3 View Post
I think the postal service is doing a stellar job under these circumstance. have not experienced any delays whatsoever in receiving packages. cuckoos to them for a job well done.
I've sent a number of things the past 3 weeks...not only have there been no delays in many cases the packages deliver a day early. If I drop off Sunday night to ensure in the system Monday morning, packages have made it from west coast (bay area) to east coast (NE) by Wednesday 0 these are USPS first class parcel < one pound. IIRC priority is two day, so to get three day to the east coast for parcel rates is outstanding.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:21 PM

Just got a USPS box ordered on Friday, shipped on Monday from Florida and arrived Wednesday in Tennessee.

Worked OK for me.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:50 PM
aka RAEKWON

UPS, USPS, FEDEX... all been great to me lately. They are working around the clock, have probably twice the work.

Amazon got everyone used to this 2 days thing and we are now creatures of convenience. Now we have to wait a few more days but I am glad they are prioritizing certain things.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:41 PM

business as usual with usps here in colorado.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alancw3 View Post
i think the postal service is doing a stellar job under these circumstance. Have not experienced any delays whatsoever in receiving packages. Cuckoos to them for a job well done.
+1
Old 04-02-2020, 11:00 AM
You still here?

I just read a news report where FedEx and UPS are going to merge their companies during this crisis. It’s going to be called FedUp.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
UPS, USPS, FEDEX... all been great to me lately. They are working around the clock, have probably twice the work.

Amazon got everyone used to this 2 days thing and we are now creatures of convenience. Now we have to wait a few more days but I am glad they are prioritizing certain things.
Amazon has made my deliveries earlier than they say they are going to be.

I don't get enough real mail to know how USPS is doing.

Jeff
Old 04-02-2020, 11:28 AM

I have been getting packages here in Orlando a day early.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:11 PM

Arrow

My packages to Honolulu from California via USPS Priority have been taking 2-3 days, so no complaints. I am staying in California working (I am at an essential business making positive controls for tests and Sequencing kits for COVID-19 as well as other DNA and RNA stuff that may help) and she is in Honolulu. I normally bring stuff out every 3-4 weeks, but have to mail for now.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:36 PM

Had ordered something from florida via usps, was shipping fine, was scheduled to arrive yesterday. Now, there's no update other than 'it's moving through the network to the next location' and can't appear to get any additional information.

UPS should be delivering something today though, so I'll keep my fingers crossed on at least one package.