Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-05-2020, 06:36 AM

Speedsleev, hands down the best of all the seat bags I’ve tried. Comes in three different sizes, very secure on the bike (had an Arundel pop off) very easy to take off/put on (as opposed to Silca which I feel is overly engineered) and packs tight.

I use the small one on my road bike, the larger one for my gravel bike. Check ‘em out!

https://www.speedsleev.com/
Old 03-05-2020, 07:08 AM

After my Arundal Uno started to wear I put my Duo into service. Still, I didn't really need the extra room but always thought the Uno was too tight. So, I just bought a Lezyne Road Caddy. It's a tad bigger than the Uno, unzips so it fully opens, making getting at things easier, and the Velcro strap is MUCH wider than the Arundal.

Tim

Old 03-05-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcteague View Post
the Velcro strap is MUCH wider than the Arundal.
this is what I don't like about either the Uno or Duo: the velcro is crap and there's not enough of it. it loses stickiness well before the bag dies.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:00 AM

I have also been using the large VeloColour roll bag for a few years. It is great for keeping things organized and easy to access while still packing up neatly with no rattles. It is critical to pack it properly in order to keep it secure. If there is any taper to the shape of the bag after it is rolled it can come loose.

I just picked up the VeloColour Dynamite Roll this week for another bike. This one doesn't carry as much, but plenty for road rides. Running tubeless, so I carry an extra CO2 and Stan's Plugs instead of an inner tube. Organization is good and it is compact enough to fit neatly under the saddle. Still need to be careful to be sure there is no taper in the shape after you roll it. Easy enough with the stuff I carry in there.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:35 PM

Looking at an Arundel Dual or Speedsleev Ranger for a 29er w/dropper. I like that there is no strap for the post. I Just need to carry one tube, two cartridges, inflator head and levers.

Any issues w/dropper/bag interference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemoryl View Post
I've been very happy with an Arundel Dual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clancy View Post
Speedsleev, hands down the best of all the seat bags I’ve tried.

I use the small one on my road bike, the larger one for my gravel bike. Check ‘em out!

https://www.speedsleev.com/
Old 06-02-2020, 03:42 PM

I've had an Ornot for a few months now and absolutely love it.

https://www.ornotbike.com/collection...seat-bag-black

It's compact, holds just the essentials, and is easy to remove and install.

I didn't have good luck with Yanco. I messaged with him briefly on Instagram to get a custom bag, and his communication was all over the place. I hear he makes good bags, but good luck getting in touch with him.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:41 PM
Registered (ab)User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHour View Post
Question for Outer Shell Mini or Arundel Dual owners:
How are these fitting a 700x25-32 tube? as these tend to overstuff the smaller bags without much room for anything else.
My Arundel Dual is pretty tight with a pair of 700x19-26 tubes, so if you're asking about a pair of 700x25-32 tubes I would guess it'd be a real chore to get them in...or out. Just one, shouldn't be a problem.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:51 PM

One 29er tube (mtn bike). Sounds like it will fit if you can squeeze two 700s into the bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
My Arundel Dual is pretty tight with a pair of 700x19-26 tubes, so if you're asking about a pair of 700x25-32 tubes I would guess it'd be a real chore to get them in...or out. Just one, shouldn't be a problem.
Old 06-02-2020, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
I used the Arundel Dual to carry two tubes, two 16g CO2 cartridges, a Silca inflator, a tire lever, and a small Park multitool. It was a tight fit, but worked fine. Now that I’m on Tubeless tires, I still carry pretty much the same stuff in my saddle bag, but I purchased two of the Tubolito polyurethane tubes, which are a fraction of the size of regular tubes. They aren’t cheap, but they are solely for emergency use, and I haven’t flatted on my tubeless Contis once in two seasons.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:30 PM

Got an Arundel Pico last year, which is their classic shape but very lightweight and waterproof. The zipper doesn't function well and the velcro is low quality, but as a lightweight saddle bag it does the job. With a snug fit, I get a gravel tube, CO2, 5mm allen key, 1 tire lever, and dynaplug racer.
I have used it for shorter gravel races where I need a little extra storage outside my jersey.

https://www.arundelbike.com/product/pico/
Old 06-02-2020, 10:38 PM
Rock Hard ~ Ride Free

Thumbs up

My latest purchase was a Velocolour and it has been absolutely great. Very happy.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst72 View Post
Very true!
Old 06-03-2020, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst72 View Post
Uh, not exactly the best looking though. Was it designed by UPS?

Tim
Old 06-03-2020, 06:43 AM

Another vote for Outershell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-03-2020, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa bless View Post

I didn't have good luck with Yanco. I messaged with him briefly on Instagram to get a custom bag, and his communication was all over the place. I hear he makes good bags, but good luck getting in touch with him.
Sorry your communication attempt with Yanco was a challenge. I found him quite responsive and easy to communicate with, and I'm happy with my bag. With small operations, life can often interfere with business I would think.

Best,

David