Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-15-2019, 09:21 PM

Really good! Use the Evo Type A tubeless, mounts easy and is hard wearing. Great grip and very smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2019, 10:22 PM

Another happy panaracer user - Gravel king 700x28; durable and surefooted on poor road surface, light enough and decent ride quality to not feel like a compromise. They do get pretty beat up after ~1500mi but that could be just as much a road quality issue.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmalwo View Post
I'm actually in desperate need for a tire atm cuz the 28mm gp 4000s ii i fitted on the Cento rubs against chainstay. bought an overpriced michelin dynamic sport from giant store suing it for now but they are so bad. the extra vittoria you gave me is back in the states.
The tire the Giant store sold you is so bad and overpriced you're suing them?
Old 01-16-2019, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronsonic View Post
The tire the Giant store sold you is so bad and overpriced you're suing them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmalwo View Post
I'm actually in desperate need for a tire atm cuz the 28mm gp 4000s ii i fitted on the Cento rubs against chainstay. bought an overpriced michelin dynamic sport from giant store suing it for now but they are so bad. the extra vittoria you gave me is back in the states.
Pretty sure it's a typo and he meant to say "...using it for now..." That's only two letters exchanged.

I wondered the same thing, first time I read it!
Old 01-16-2019, 05:06 AM

I've been using gravel king slicks for years in various sizes and really prefer them over Continental. I also use Compass which are a bit swankier, but still made by panaracer. I have some 650b Soma grand randonnuer tires and panaracer Evo race gravel that are also very nice tires and used Paselas in the past as well.

Panaracer produces some of the best made tires on the planet and plenty can be had for a very reasonable price!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2019, 08:23 AM

What i was getting at was to use the vittoria i tossed in with the bike. You can try a different wheelset but the combination of tight clearance and stay flex on the cento uno makes it prone to tubbing out if the saddle. Run 25s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2019, 09:31 AM

I have some Compass tires made by Panaracer. What struck me was they are very round dimensionally, at least compared to some Continental and WTB tires I've used.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:24 AM

Compass Bon Jon's are nice and plush, but for the price/value I think the GK slicks are better, just wish they came in 35's.
Old 01-16-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk007 View Post
Panaracer type D are way nicer than gatorskins. Type A are comparable to most high end clinchers. Evo comps away most clinchers for ride/suppleness and price (through Excel Sports).
ATMO of course.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
This. The Race A EVO3 are a very good all around clincher equivalent to the performance oriented options from other companies. Great tires. a little slower rolling, at least in perception, than the GP4000, but they roll nicely enough and corner great. Maybe more equivalent to the Michelin Pro4 Endurance. The Race L EVO3 are excellent, but less durable.
Old 01-16-2019, 03:31 PM

Back in the day they sponsored my team. I cannot remember what tires I was using but they were my very favorite tire. Super grippy for cornering. They did wear out fast but that's the price you pay for a good tire imho. They remind me of my new favorite clincher, Veloflex Masters.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:59 AM

love panaracers, was a conti guy but after trying panaracer not going back. all around good tires from weight to durability, wear rate, price. its a supple tire. everyone seems to like gravel kings, but its the only panaracer I wouldnt buy again, but its also affordable. my only complaint is that the race series are a bitch to mount. and if one was to have a puncture in cold wet winter months, well that would suck.