Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-18-2024, 04:33 PM

Shout out to Contender Bicycles/Bike Shop

No affiliation but want to share my positive experience with Contender Bicycles, shop located in Utah.

Started shopping for my first new full suspension mtb after many hardtails. The shop responded quickly to all my newby questions on different bikes, etc. I was stuck between sizes on the sizing chart and they tracked down an employee with my dimensions to confirm sizing

Before shipping reached out to see if I wanted set up tubeless (yes and no charge) and they set up shocks for my weight

Received the bike packaged well but noticed the bike was built with a lower level crank than spec’d online in both their and manufacturer sites. Sent an email and no drama - they sent our correct crank asap with return shipping for existing.

A small delay in being able to ride but fully satisfied with the experience, especially since the bike is at the lower end of price spectrum but still a big purchase for me.
Old 08-18-2024, 05:07 PM

They are the folks I purchased my Giordana XL frameset through. I found the frameset NOS in the Gita warehouse but Gita had to sell it to me through a dealer. So those guys at Contender mediated the purchase without any upcharge.

Old 08-19-2024, 09:01 AM

Just bought an MTB from them earlier in the summer. Great experience and was packed well. My son is a freshman at University of Utah, moved him into his dorm last week, so I’ll have to go check out the shop next time I’m in town.
Old 08-19-2024, 11:03 AM
Shifty Member

A friend of mine lives in SLC and has been working with them for years. He's done a couple builds with them where he'll get the frame and some parts through them and then he brings in the balance of parts. Then they've put it all together for him and done whatever has been needed to make sure all is good.

I've been in a couple times when out there too.
Old 08-19-2024, 12:10 PM

Contender is awesome!!!! Based on my personal experience, and I am not even local to SLC. Shout out to Peter who helped me many times.
Old 08-19-2024, 12:34 PM

They are also pretty awesome as a rental shop if you happen to need that in the SLC area.
Old 08-19-2024, 01:05 PM

Nick Gaitan at Contender is super helpful and knowledgeable for online ordering. He's helped me out with miscellaneous and unusual bits needed to complete builds of frames I bought there.

Instagram
Old 08-19-2024, 02:44 PM
Adrenaline Junkie

Contender is my go to "non local" IBD. Super to work with.
Old 08-19-2024, 07:45 PM

The shop is amazing! I cannot believe all they have in stock and in store. This summer when I was there they had a Dogma XC I was drooling over.