Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-13-2018, 08:18 AM

OT - Dish TV and Windstream ISP

I have had Spectrum internet service for quite sometime. Over the past 18 months I had spotty service and recently they could not get my Spectrum email to download. It would work on my phone, but not on my laptop. My gmail account worked fine. Several calls and emails to them on my gmail account. accomplished nothing.
So, I get a card in the mail from Dish TV and Windstream offering a special rate of $89. I call the 800 number, discuss the details and say lest's do it. Yesterday, I get a bill for my first month - $180. If it weren't so ridiculous I would be upset. Has anyone else had this experience. I plan on calling their CS line, and perhaps calling our state's Consumer Protection agency, but I'm looking for additional tried and true strategies. (I did make notes and I have the offer card.)
Old 01-13-2018, 08:26 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpoole8537 View Post
I have had Spectrum internet service for quite sometime. Over the past 18 months I had spotty service and recently they could not get my Spectrum email to download. It would work on my phone, but not on my laptop. My gmail account worked fine. Several calls and emails to them on my gmail account. accomplished nothing.
So, I get a card in the mail from Dish TV and Windstream offering a special rate of $89. I call the 800 number, discuss the details and say lest's do it. Yesterday, I get a bill for my first month - $180. If it weren't so ridiculous I would be upset. Has anyone else had this experience. I plan on calling their CS line, and perhaps calling our state's Consumer Protection agency, but I'm looking for additional tried and true strategies. (I did make notes and I have the offer card.)
Wonder if the additional $ were 'taxes and fees'..When owning the shop, I got hooked by a '$145' for 3 phone lines, gig and the first bill was $210...the extra was 'taxes and fees'...
Old 01-13-2018, 09:42 AM

There are some taxes and fees, but only $5-$7. Plus $10 for modem. I get these costs. It's the extra $100 I don't get.