Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #106  
Old 10-23-2018, 01:23 PM
ptourkin ptourkin is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,770
Dibs on the Specialita when you get this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cajvj-3_c5M
__________________
HollandExogrid
Moots
Seven
Langster
Trail Donkey
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 10-23-2018, 01:44 PM
pritchet74 pritchet74 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: NorCal
Posts: 444
You guys are all bad influences. I shouldn't have been looking to upgrade my machine and grinder since I bought my new Peg either.

Just got a Profitec Pro 500 machine ordered yesterday. Going with either a Ceado E5P or a Eureka Mignon Silenzio.....
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 10-23-2018, 01:49 PM
oldguy00 oldguy00 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by pritchet74 View Post
You guys are all bad influences. I shouldn't have been looking to upgrade my machine and grinder since I bought my new Peg either.

Just got a Profitec Pro 500 machine ordered yesterday. Going with either a Ceado E5P or a Eureka Mignon Silenzio.....

Purely out of interest, what made you choose the Profitec over say a Rocket? They seem to have similar price points.
Thx!
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 10-23-2018, 01:55 PM
ptourkin ptourkin is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldguy00 View Post
Purely out of interest, what made you choose the Profitec over say a Rocket? They seem to have similar price points.
Thx!
This video explains some of the perceived better points of the Profitec at that price point, including IIRC a modified E61. Looks like a solid machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foaHFOXocgE&t=612s
__________________
HollandExogrid
Moots
Seven
Langster
Trail Donkey
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 10-23-2018, 02:00 PM
livingminimal livingminimal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Best Coast
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptourkin View Post
Dibs on the Specialita when you get this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cajvj-3_c5M
That thing is so totally absurd. And amazing.
Keeping my Specialita forever!
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 10-23-2018, 02:15 PM
ptourkin ptourkin is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingminimal View Post
That thing is so totally absurd. And amazing.
Keeping my Specialita forever!
Dammit. A local cyclist has one of these and has been reporting on home barista:

https://youtu.be/Lk1s035-380
__________________
HollandExogrid
Moots
Seven
Langster
Trail Donkey
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 10-23-2018, 02:21 PM
livingminimal livingminimal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Best Coast
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptourkin View Post
Dammit. A local cyclist has one of these and has been reporting on home barista:

https://youtu.be/Lk1s035-380

Try it!
Is your rocky dying?
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 10-23-2018, 02:23 PM
ptourkin ptourkin is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingminimal View Post
Try it!
Is your rocky dying?
Rockies last forever. I haven't even done any of the stepless hacks yet. If I had a more sophisticated machine, that would be a must.
__________________
HollandExogrid
Moots
Seven
Langster
Trail Donkey
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 10-23-2018, 02:28 PM
livingminimal livingminimal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Best Coast
Posts: 1,995
My goal with the Specialita (on day two, mind you) is to get 15 years out of it.
PS I wanna come down and ride bikes soon.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 10-23-2018, 02:30 PM
ptourkin ptourkin is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingminimal View Post
My goal with the Specialita (on day two, mind you) is to get 15 years out of it.
PS I wanna come down and ride bikes soon.
You need to check out Coffee Cycle. Also, Modern Times Encinitas is open with the full restaurant a la DTLA.
__________________
HollandExogrid
Moots
Seven
Langster
Trail Donkey
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 10-23-2018, 02:41 PM
livingminimal livingminimal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Best Coast
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptourkin View Post
You need to check out Coffee Cycle. Also, Modern Times Encinitas is open with the full restaurant a la DTLA.

My god yes.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 10-23-2018, 02:44 PM
echappist echappist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by pritchet74 View Post
You guys are all bad influences. I shouldn't have been looking to upgrade my machine and grinder since I bought my new Peg either.

Just got a Profitec Pro 500 machine ordered yesterday. Going with either a Ceado E5P or a Eureka Mignon Silenzio.....
personally looking at a Profitec Pro 600; this after having bought a MTB and road bike this year
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 10-23-2018, 02:55 PM
crankles crankles is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingminimal View Post
My goal with the Specialita (on day two, mind you) is to get 15 years out of it.
PS I wanna come down and ride bikes soon.
Dude, you're going to be putting that Specialita in your will!. I've had my mazzer for 20. I've replaced the burrs once and the v8-juice-can sized capacitor ($35 bucks and 5 minutes to replace).

you will be worry free for some time. Nice addition!
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 10-23-2018, 02:59 PM
livingminimal livingminimal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Best Coast
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankles View Post
Dude, you're going to be putting that Specialita in your will!. I've had my mazzer for 20. I've replaced the burrs once and the v8-juice-can sized capacitor ($35 bucks and 5 minutes to replace).

you will be worry free for some time. Nice addition!

Thank you! Stepless is a revelation. I used about half a bag of coffee I didnt like too much to sort of figure it out, generally, and then dumped in a new bag of Dune Zip Singer today and it took exactly one shot for me to figure out timing and grind for a really good shot. Beyond happy with it! I hope that I am leaving it and my Rocket in my will. Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 10-23-2018, 02:59 PM
crankles crankles is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingminimal View Post
oh I have a DECENT grinder (Breville Smart Grinder Pro) but I really think a Eureka Mignon is a big step up in the Espresso game, where the smart grinder can live on as a grinder for drip and pourover.
For a minute I thought you meant THIS DECENT grinder...

https://decentespresso.com/pro_grinder
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.