Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-06-2021, 08:33 PM

Riga sold out before I bought the "ticket" ... Wonder if they'll release more...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2021, 08:55 PM
#RYFB

Rapha Prestige on for 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagorider View Post
Riga sold out before I bought the "ticket" ... Wonder if they'll release more...

Possible to fill a vacated spot but I think the max number of teams is fixed. I think they have reserved spots in some (e.g., for Legion in SB) and it’s possible they will bow out. If you want to do the event as an individual you should reach out to the RCCNY folks (coordinator or clubhouse manager) and let them know that you’d fill in a spot on a team if someone backs out. Good luck
Old 05-07-2021, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagorider View Post

Hopefully, I signed up as interested but never saw an email that it was open. Oh well, I'll have to drive up and do the ride on my own
Old 05-07-2021, 06:40 AM
aka RAEKWON

well if anyone wants a ridewithgps link to a really good riga ride I can drop it here, free of charge lol.

tbh I am not surprised it sold out. rapha... people want to ride with other people... probably is going to be a really nice ride. I would never have paid to do because I am somewhat local but I bet it will be well organize and a good experience. How much was it does anyone know?
Old 05-07-2021, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
well if anyone wants a ridewithgps link to a really good riga ride I can drop it here, free of charge lol.

tbh I am not surprised it sold out. rapha... people want to ride with other people... probably is going to be a really nice ride. I would never have paid to do because I am somewhat local but I bet it will be well organize and a good experience. How much was it does anyone know?

It was $200 for a team of 4 riders.

I’ll take you up on the route. Would like to do some riding out there at some point in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2021, 06:55 AM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick12 View Post
It was $200 for a team of 4 riders.

I’ll take you up on the route. Would like to do some riding out there at some point in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that is not a bad price at all and no wonder it sold out so quickly.

Here are some routes. One is a pretty popular ride on ride with gps and the other is one I adapted to be a little shorter.

The longer one

https://ridewithgps.com/ambassador_r...ed-dirt-gravel

This is a pretty amazing ride, long-ish and nice elevation (I got way more than the 6800ft last time I do it, it was close to 8k). Has plenty of gravel, nice farm roads. Park at the nice local supermarket.

A shorter version -

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/30387133

This cuts some nice roads but the best part of the ride is still there. Parking lot is a bit hard to find. Both these routes have a nice food stop in Salisburg. There is a nice cafe and a pizza spot with decent slices.

Climbing MT Riga is awesome, really pretty. Not a hard climb but nice and steady and the descent on the other side is FAST (not gravel, you descend on the road down to the bash bish falls. In the summer time that road will be busy so you will be going faster than cars.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:02 AM

awesome thanks! i live in this area too and would love get into some more gravel riding. you don't per chance have these routes on strava? thanks for posting them!
Old 05-07-2021, 09:45 AM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine View Post
awesome thanks! i live in this area too and would love get into some more gravel riding. you don't per chance have these routes on strava? thanks for posting them!
I do but the problem is finding them because it has been a minute since I have done em
Old 05-07-2021, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I do but the problem is finding them because it has been a minute since I have done em
we're going to fix that soon!

weather this weekend looks like junque though, grumble.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:59 AM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
we're going to fix that soon!

weather this weekend looks like junque though, grumble.
100%, we will have to do it sometime in May. I know Sunday is Mothers day so its out and Saturday seems no good. Its one of those rides that a nice sunny day just makes it that much better
Old 05-07-2021, 11:23 AM

Quote:
This is a serious question. How is that price considered not bad when it is completely unsupported and riders just doing it on their own terms on publicly open roads? When I saw the price, I was very confused, but clearly people are finding value in it somewhere. I think I might be missing something.

I rode the Gib, Fig, Refugio loop last month and would maybe consider that if there were some water/food stops in hard to reach areas but otherwise no.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:24 AM

Quote:

Here are some routes. One is a pretty popular ride on ride with gps and the other is one I adapted to be a little shorter.

The longer one

https://ridewithgps.com/ambassador_r...ed-dirt-gravel

This is a pretty amazing ride, long-ish and nice elevation (I got way more than the 6800ft last time I do it, it was close to 8k). Has plenty of gravel, nice farm roads. Park at the nice local supermarket.

A shorter version -

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/30387133

This cuts some nice roads but the best part of the ride is still there. Parking lot is a bit hard to find. Both these routes have a nice food stop in Salisburg. There is a nice cafe and a pizza spot with decent slices.

Climbing MT Riga is awesome, really pretty. Not a hard climb but nice and steady and the descent on the other side is FAST (not gravel, you descend on the road down to the bash bish falls. In the summer time that road will be busy so you will be going faster than cars.
Thanks! Partially moving to Ithaca in August so hoping to hit these towards the end of summer/beginning of autumn! Can the routes be done on a road bike (I've 28mm measured tire)?
Old 05-07-2021, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dton View Post
This is a serious question. How is that price considered not bad when it is completely unsupported and riders just doing it on their own terms on publicly open roads? When I saw the price, I was very confused, but clearly people are finding value in it somewhere. I think I might be missing something.
You're paying for the "prestige."
Old 05-07-2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiamme red View Post
You're paying for the "prestige."
Ah hah I knew I was missing something! Welp I'm probably not their target audience.
Old 05-07-2021, 01:24 PM

Quote:
100%, we will have to do it sometime in May. I know Sunday is Mothers day so its out and Saturday seems no good. Its one of those rides that a nice sunny day just makes it that much better
I was going to say, we should do a Paceline version, but you and Angry beat me to it. I'd be down for your shorter (or maybe the longer) Riga route later this month or in June as I work my way back to some semblance of fitness