Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-04-2020, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee View Post
I have a princess and the pea pair of legs so I'm fiddling with my saddle height a bit. While I have multi-tools in my on-bike kits, I usually end up with a full-sized Park folding wrench in my pocket and use that first

Most of my on-bike kits have loose wrenches rubber banded together instead of a multi-tool. Yeah, they take up more length than a mulit-tool, but they're easier to use

M
We are one...
Old 08-04-2020, 09:45 AM
LateStart

... Look at your bike?

I have slightly different tools on each bike. I look at the various binder sizes and types and bike type. On carbon bikes a torque wrench is more critical versus steel.

One bike has torx only on the chainrings, whereas another has T20, T25 in multiple spots. The key is to have what you need when you have a breakdown. Common allen, chain yes for all, but what else can be bike specific.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxbailey View Post
I was going to buy the mini bar but it is out of stock until september and only the "blemished" ones are available.

So I am thinking about the Hexus 6 from Topeak so I don't have to carry a chain tool. Does anyone have experience with the tire levers? Can I leave my Pedros behind when carrying this?
I have a few of the older Hexus tools, it looks like they have changed recently, so this may not totally apply. I still carry Pedros levers, even with the levers on the tool. The levers on the Hexus seem pretty wimpy compared to the Pedros ones. I usually don't use levers at all, so, if I need them, I want strong ones.
I also tend to carry more stuff than I need, so keep that in mind for the above.

Chris
Old 08-04-2020, 10:50 AM

I have a small Lezyne with a few hex/allen keys, a torx bit and a Phillips head. This is all I ever needed. The particularly attractive thing about this tool is that the bits are high-quality -- better than my Park and Pedro's tools.