Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-16-2017, 05:39 PM
Imshi Cycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephr View Post
how come everyone with a crowdfunding page is a victim? speeding thru PA with a stash of gummies doesn't sound like a good idea in the first place....sorry about all his legal troubles, but maybe slow down a bit net time.
yea, a "stash of gummies," he had 2 small bags of em, which is barely anything at all - if you live in a state where such gummies are NBD, its pretty easy to forget that there are still places in our country that will try to throw you in prison for possessing them.

and yes, i would 100% say that he is the victim of our absurd legal system in this instance. the fact that THC edibles are openly handed out at company holiday parties in one state and punishable by jail time in the next state over is A B S U R D.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:40 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBAUMANN View Post
yea, a "stash of gummies," he had 2 small bags of em, which is barely anything at all - if you live in a state where such gummies are NBD, its pretty easy to forget that there are still places in our country that will try to throw you in prison for possessing them.

and yes, i would 100% say that he is the victim of our absurd legal system in this instance. the fact that THC edibles are openly handed out at company holiday parties in one state and punishable by jail time in the next state over is A B S U R D.
also, like any of use have never gone over the speed limit. come on...
Old 11-16-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBAUMANN View Post

The values of the two coasts aren't shared by a lot of the folks in the heartland. Driving cross country with edibles was a poor move on his part.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdw View Post
Southwestern PA has been hit hard by the opioid herion epidemic and the county that he was arrested in, Green County, just filed a lawsuit against the Big Pharmacy companies and a number of doctors a couple weeks ago. The local law enforcement agencies are probably on the lookout for suspicious activity and unfortunately his speeding brought him to their attention.
Well, with this kind of dedicated pursuit of justice and use of law enforcement resources, they're probably mere weeks from getting that opioid epidemic under control.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:57 PM
coffee consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
also, like any of use have never gone over the speed limit. come on...
so? Its not like PA isn't known for being tight with their speed limit enforcement...like Ohio and Indiana. I've even heard stories of Kansas patrols setting up flashing signs that say "drug inspections ahead" and they just watch as people throw their stashes outside the window. Drive a normal speed and don't freak out, they've got no cause to pull you over in the first place.

Plenty of others posting the legal defense to his cause...but I'm just trying to add perspective that maybe getting busted was the product of a series of bad decisions.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:04 PM
v a n i l l a

It should be common knowledge that marijuana is still federally illegal. and, as such, gummies, tictures, joints, bags whatever need to be minded when traveling.

it's easy to forget...kind of like me sticking an open bottle of single malt from a tasting in my back seat (suburban doesn't have a trunk). Idiot! that needs to go as far in the back as possible.

But ignorance of the law is not an excuse.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:08 PM

When he left California, how many $10.00 baggies of medically prescribed marijuana gummies did he have?
Old 11-16-2017, 06:13 PM
what's a little rust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zap View Post
Small town judges.....small town police officer. Best drinking buddies.
Don't forget the small town bail bondsman and the small town towing company. Driving too fast with an out-of-state plate is a good way to meet them all.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:17 PM
Riding Along

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdw View Post
The values of the two coasts aren't shared by a lot of the folks in the heartland. Driving cross country with edibles was a poor move on his part.
Which coast is Colorado on?
Old 11-16-2017, 06:28 PM

We're a state of transplants, lots of northeasterners and too many Californians.
Our neighboring states aren't overly impressed with our legalizing pot and speeding through them with illegal contraband isn't advised.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:39 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephr View Post
so? Its not like PA isn't known for being tight with their speed limit enforcement...like Ohio and Indiana. I've even heard stories of Kansas patrols setting up flashing signs that say "drug inspections ahead" and they just watch as people throw their stashes outside the window. Drive a normal speed and don't freak out, they've got no cause to pull you over in the first place.

Plenty of others posting the legal defense to his cause...but I'm just trying to add perspective that maybe getting busted was the product of a series of bad decisions.
Sure and of course he was in the wrong according to the law but I for one dis not know PA is know for speed traps... You are right, bad decisions but its just so ridiculous that we are talking about 1-5 years in jail yada yada. Ok maybe a fine and lets move on
Old 11-16-2017, 07:04 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
Sure and of course he was in the wrong according to the law but I for one dis not know PA is know for speed traps... You are right, bad decisions but its just so ridiculous that we are talking about 1-5 years in jail yada yada. Ok maybe a fine and lets move on
Most of the PA turnpike is 55 or 60mph. And it's pretty hilly and winding.

But yeah, they have troopers out a bunch. Ohio and Indy as well. Indy is 70 but when you hit Ohio it's 60. So they sit there and wait. Ohio turns to 70 but not for like 5 miles. And for PA, it's the same kind of thing- 70 to 55. So it's a huge set up and massive money maker
Old 11-16-2017, 07:06 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales guy View Post
Most of the PA turnpike is 55 or 60mph. And it's pretty hilly and winding.

But yeah, they have troopers out a bunch. Ohio and Indy as well. Indy is 70 but when you hit Ohio it's 60. So they sit there and wait. Ohio turns to 70 but not for like 5 miles. And for PA, it's the same kind of thing- 70 to 55. So it's a huge set up and massive money maker
Good to know, bout to drive to PA next week. Do that drive every year never had a problem but I don't really speed much.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:06 PM
v a n i l l a

The law is the law. You can choose to not like it, but you cannot choose to disobey it (without consequences)

Who knows what happen prior to being pulled over (speeding, swerving both?)
and while being pulled over (calm?, antagonistic?)

Lots of actions and decisions (on both sides) lead up to the situation at hand.

I learned my speeding lesson years ago. feel free to honk and flip me off when you zoom up on my a $$ and find me going too slow for your liking.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmtong View Post
The law is the law. You can choose to not like it, but you cannot choose to disobey it (without consequences)

Who knows what happen prior to being pulled over (speeding, swerving both?)
and while being pulled over (calm?, antagonistic?)

Lots of actions and decisions (on both sides) lead up to the situation at hand.

I learned my speeding lesson years ago. feel free to honk and flip me off when you zoom up on my a $$ and find me going too slow for your liking.
I don't think anyone is saying that one should be able to disregard the law without consequence.

I think (and agree) that some are saying that the consequences in this case far outweigh the transgression (and in many states it's not even a transgression in the first place).

A freaking pound of actual weed shouldn't be punishable by 1-5 years, much less what this guy did.