Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-20-2017, 12:21 PM
Post Mod-ern

15 most annoying habits shown by cyclists

Nice story in Cycling Weekly . . .

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/la...yclists-233663

Still trying to decide which one annoys me the most!

BBD
A thing of beauty is a joy forever--Keats
Old 11-20-2017, 01:00 PM

I was all set to take that seriously. Joke's on me, I guess.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:14 AM

For me, it would have to be No. 3 - Rampant pothole pointer, followed closely by No. 7 - Cheery Fit Person; we have one in our group, hope you don't read this forum, Greg!
Old 11-21-2017, 06:58 AM

The lazy sprinter for sure.....have a guy like this on our rides and its comical how predictable he is.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:24 AM
ZhugeLiang

I am part of a group that consists of riders of various ages and abilities. Over the years, I have seen riders come and go. Sometimes, someone would get ticked off by something and just leave and disappear. Most of time, from my observations, they are for very petty reasons.

I have a working theory.

If everyone can just "shut up and ride your bike", things would resolve themselves, we can avoid a lot of misunderstandings and get along better.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:30 AM

I'll take too many pothole warnings over too few anyway. Nothing unnerves me more than drilling it in a paceline only up have the leader miss a hole by inches and let everyone else nail it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2017, 08:49 AM

I didn't see it listed in the op linked article...................singing.

Clearly we need to up the pace some.

Old 11-21-2017, 09:41 AM

My nose runs a lot when I ride - I need snotrockets! But I'm always careful about not having anyone behind. I'm famous for needing fewer bathroom breaks than my companion riders, but I think it all goes out my nose.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:47 AM
Pack fill

#5, Unless your name is Andy Hampsten just keep it to yourself, If I want advice I will ask
Old 11-21-2017, 09:49 AM

They forgot one that to me is really important, the sucker that cant get the bicycle steady and straight (and from the look they had been riding like that for the last 50 years), and the couple that uses the whole right line eventhought there is room for both of them if they were riding really close and for the cars that are waiting behind them to pass them. Then you wonder why car drivers hate us.

From the other stuff I'm really not annoyed for any of them but the 2 I mentioned.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:42 AM

most of the time, im fine just keeping head down and riding but the one I must confess is the dirty noisy creaky bike.
Im all for riding the poo poo out of the bike but if I find myself behind the guy with the chain that hasnt seen a drop of lube in the last decade, I am trying to find another wheel to follow.
It just picks at my brain like water torture when Im suffering.

I dont know if years of group riding have numbed me to the other stuff or lowered my expectations of other riders, but not much of it gets under my skin.

well maybe the guy that cusses and screams at every car he feels gets to close..
Old 11-21-2017, 11:32 AM

They forgot 6a, the guy who hogs the front of an established paceline, disrupting everyone else.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:41 AM

Suar

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
I am part of a group that consists of riders of various ages and abilities. Over the years, I have seen riders come and go. Sometimes, someone would get ticked off by something and just leave and disappear. Most of time, from my observations, they are for very petty reasons.

I have a working theory.

If everyone can just "shut up and ride your bike", things would resolve themselves, we can avoid a lot of misunderstandings and get along better.
You are right again---Shut up and ride is my mantra
Old 11-21-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
...the couple that uses the whole right line even though there is room for both of them if they were riding really close and for the cars that are waiting behind them to pass them. Then you wonder why car drivers hate us.
This for me is by far and away #1, both while on the bike or driving. More often than not, 2 guys having a convo while cruising at 12-15 mph without any regard for cars or other riders who want to pass.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:44 PM

Remember that lady that was using a whole line while riding in a interstate?? suing and stuff?? anybody remember that Einstein??

THe other picture is a group around NH or boooooston area, no room and the team or group was taking the whole line...

That you are in a bike doesnt entitle you to use the whole line, yes I can understand what the traffic laws says but that doesnt mean to act irrationally and take the whole line.

I do not ride in groups in the area because or are way too fast for me , yes i suck, or because their riding is so uncomprehensible chaotic that you risk an accident or a car hitting you because they usually take the whole line or like 10 feet at your side... then you wonder. At that point is better just let them go. TBH im ok with wheel suckers