Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-20-2017, 02:02 PM

Seriously, it's got everything in there: wild-arsed assumptions and booking future potential revenue today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -dustin View Post
I agree. That’s straight out of Smartest Guys in the Room.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54ny77 View Post
damn that's good. i gotta show this to my wife. are you an ex-arthur andersen accountant tasked with working on the enron account?

Remember: there's a buyer and seller in every situation. Sometimes you gotta be both.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignon's barber View Post
NO,NO,NO. You must think of it as "cost softening". For example, if you are about to spend $4k on a frame, you quickly calculate that you will get $2500 back when you sell it, so you are REALLY only spending $1500.
This is rational, and it sounds really good until you figure out that members who trade in used horses have a tiny net outlay by comparison.
That said, I frequently go in on the on owning the relatively expensive new-shiny portion of a bike's life versus the rest of it.

Instagram
Old 11-20-2017, 06:00 PM
Total Fred

Swore I'd never sell the Merckx MX Leader. Got it in my late 20's when I liked my bikes small so that I could run my handlebars low and stems long. I got older.

Swore I'd never sell the Co-Motion S&S Nor'Wester...it was the perfect bike for most situations and I could travel with it. Could take larger tires but still rode like a race bike. Should have been the last bike I ever needed. It had too large of an functional range, which made it hard to justify owning several other bikes. I was still in N+1 mode back in those days.

Sometimes there are bikes that I swear I won't sell...but then I get something else that I would swear harder that I wouldn't sell. Have sworn I won't sell my C50, but I'm starting to think about it.

Tai
Old 11-23-2017, 09:45 AM

I have a Look 595 that I barely ride, I just never ride on the road any more. I tried to sell it a few years ago and it didn’t work out and I really didn’t want to let it go. Here we are a couple years later and I have only ridden it a few times since, maybe it’s time to say good by. Why I am holding onto a bike that I never ride...