Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Custom Bikes

Old 07-13-2020, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanyswe View Post
Thats a beautiful bike. Sometimes less is more, its refreshing to c a regular 11/8 headtube as it looks proper on a ti frame.
Thanks. Yes. The key criteria for this was 1 1/8th. Was partly due to aesthetics but also because the frame is small, it looks both unbalanced and creates a front end that is unnecessarily stiff.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:38 AM

I have new wheels from @Clean39T which are pretty special and totally changed the feel of the bike. Black 24h Phil Wood Pro Hubs F+R / Easton R90SLs / Silver CX Ray's. They look amazing. I need to take a final photo of the bike but I still haven't found the right handlebars...

But, I think I've ridden this bike enough now to give some proper feedback. Obviously, the fit is great. Finally having a bike that feels right at the front end is so good. No more back pain. No toe overlap is also a revelation on a bike of this size.

The frame itself is pretty special. It is surprisingly stiff under power, so much so that it feels like carbon. It soaks up road buzz and big holes in the road feel tiny. I don't need to write about the qualities of Ti, though...

It's a great climber but an even better descender. There's something about it that just means it's glued to the road. Never skittish over rough ground (as per the top of the Mt Baldy descent!) and it just has that perfect combination of stable but responsive. The descending really is telepathic. I don't really think about what I am doing and I still seem to hit the right lines. Descending Glendora Mountain Road was a total blast - a total rollercoaster.

The best thing about it though, is that it's helped me find my mojo. I am totally stoked to ride bikes again after getting upset about fit issues for the last six or so months. The quest to find the right handlebars continues, but outside of that, I genuinely couldn't be happier.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6638.jpg (137.2 KB, 164 views)
Old 08-06-2020, 08:51 PM

Sweet build thread and thanks for pointing me over here! Love the look of the bike and how you put it all together. That post looks the business with the frame. In addition, I was wondering where the PW wheels Dan had landed. Ping me when you are ready to let em go and GLW finding the right bar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2020, 09:00 PM

Thanks! I did put them up for sale, sold them, refunded the buyer and withdrew them because I can’t bear to let them go. They’re just too nice.

I finally settled on some handlebars and the build is now complete. I’ll be taking some proper photos tomorrow.
Old Yesterday, 10:30 AM

bottle cages

What bottle cages are on your bike? I am looking to make some changes to my Seven and getting less black on the bike is my thought. Your cages look like they match the frame pretty well. Thanks in advance.
Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beldar77 View Post
What bottle cages are on your bike? I am looking to make some changes to my Seven and getting less black on the bike is my thought. Your cages look like they match the frame pretty well. Thanks in advance.
Those look like Arundel stainless cages—similar shape and grip to the Mandibles, but in metal. Very clean build.
Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM

Yep. Arundel stainless prefer them to King in function and aesthetics. Have had them for five years and they still look great.

Bike is now officially finished.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 10727F3D-25CE-483A-9443-47322E139879.jpeg (125.5 KB, 38 views)
Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbrwn View Post
Yep. Arundel stainless prefer them to King in function and aesthetics. Have had them for five years and they still look great.
And a relatively decent price. Thanks for the info.

PS - your bike looks great