Old 01-18-2021, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveandbarb1 View Post
If you are east of the Mississippi - Seven, west Moots
Best advice yet!

Tim
Old 01-18-2021, 08:23 AM
Two wheels good

FJ Cruiser with Moots on the back. Nice setup!
Old 01-18-2021, 09:01 AM

Hampsten. You get the consult with Steve for custom geo and the titanium frame built by Bingham. Win-win. And for significantly less than the Moots. Win.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2021, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky33 View Post

Seven(s) are very nice. Their HQ is a few miles away from where I sit, and there are many Sevens rolling around. Happy customers. I’ve ridden a few and inspected many. All were very tidy. The ones I rode were good bikes but didn’t ring for me.
Funny but I felt that way about the Moots’ (Compact, Vamoots and Psychlo-X). I preferred the ride of the Seven Evergreen and Eriksen (road rim brake). Just a case in point that YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2021, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Hampsten. You get the consult with Steve for custom geo and the titanium frame built by Bingham. Win-win. And for significantly less than the Moots. Win.

+1. I’ve been thinking about this myself.

Old 01-18-2021, 09:36 AM
I need you cool.

Quote:

I like this route....
Old 01-18-2021, 09:37 AM

Quote:

I have a Hampsten Ti Gran Paradiso that Steve designed for me and was fabricated by Brad Bingham. It is not a gravel bike but, I love everything about it!

I am sure they could build a gravel bike for you as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Second.jpg (77.5 KB, 286 views)
Old 01-18-2021, 09:40 AM
I need you cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHampsten View Post
I have a Hampsten Ti Gran Paradiso that Steve designed for me and was fabricated by Brad Bingham. It is not a gravel bike but, I love everything about it!

I am sure they could build a gravel bike for you as well.
awesome...I am a sucker for light blue and Ti together!

Nice.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltopperny View Post
Can’t go wrong with either. I have owned a few Moots and have one inbound now. Very nice ride with utilitarian look and beautiful welds. The ride quality is wonderful and build quality is high level.

The Seven is more customizable at the same price point and I am sure every bit as well made. High quality with a long history of making great titanium bikes.

As far as carbon goes I have had a bunch of those as well. My favorite and current carbon gravel bike is the Salsa Warbird. It is everything that is good about a gravel bike and extremely versatile to boot. No toe overlap, good front center and it does not beat you up over long hauls! Outstanding bike IMHO.

Exactly, thus a happy 7 customer here.
Old 01-18-2021, 11:37 AM

I love my Twin Six Ti Standard Rando. They just came out with the 2.0 version of this frameset and are offering close out pricing on the 1.0. In this photo she's outfitted for no store stop Covid apocolpyse summer Texas riding with 10,000 gallons of fluid and some sweet Rene Herse 44mm Snoqualmie Pass TC - Endurance Plus shoes, Ultegra 11, and a Thomson cockpit. There is room to go a little bigger on tires (hell I couldn't even run fenders with the 44mm tires).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg twin6.jpg (134.5 KB, 267 views)
Old 01-18-2021, 11:46 AM

Finish

Media blasting gives an evenness to the finish that brushed or polished doesn’t. Both are fine, just different. Weld quality has reached such a high level amongst the top U.S. builders, you’d be hard pressed to find much variation when looking at two frames from different manufacturers with the same finish.
Old 01-18-2021, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfatslow View Post
I love my Twin Six Ti Standard Rando. They just came out with the 2.0 version of this frameset and are offering close out pricing on the 1.0. In this photo she's outfitted for no store stop Covid apocolpyse summer Texas riding with 10,000 gallons of fluid and some sweet Rene Herse 44mm Snoqualmie Pass TC - Endurance Plus shoes, Ultegra 11, and a Thomson cockpit. There is room to go a little bigger on tires (hell I couldn't even run fenders with the 44mm tires).
Thirsty much?
Old 01-18-2021, 03:47 PM

Quote:
In this photo she's outfitted for no store stop Covid apocalypse summer Texas riding with 10,000 gallons of fluid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikej View Post
Thirsty much?
Ride much? Cuz I do. Generally, 3.5-5 hour rides 3-4 days a week. And yeah, when you do those rides in ~>100-degree temps in Central Texas, you get thirsty (or your get crushed). I stated in my post that this is not a normal setup but one designed to allow me to ride without store stops -- I believe in Covid and want to limit my risks to cars hitting me. With the temps down for "winter" (it's 74 degrees here today), I'm back to the two frame-mount cages and the bottle ejector.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarry View Post
Media blasting gives an evenness to the finish that brushed or polished doesn’t. Both are fine, just different. Weld quality has reached such a high level amongst the top U.S. builders, you’d be hard pressed to find much variation when looking at two frames from different manufacturers with the same finish.
And guessing there’s a lot more work in a brushed frame then a blasted frame
Old 01-18-2021, 05:08 PM

74 F in winter!
Ahhhh.....

Quote:
Ride much? Cuz I do. Generally, 3.5-5 hour rides 3-4 days a week. And yeah, when you do those rides in ~>100-degree temps in Central Texas, you get thirsty (or your get crushed). I stated in my post that this is not a normal setup but one designed to allow me to ride without store stops -- I believe in Covid and want to limit my risks to cars hitting me. With the temps down for "winter" (it's 74 degrees here today), I'm back to the two frame-mount cages and the bottle ejector.