Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-06-2024, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McM View Post
I guess if you needed to get fancy matchy-matchy cranks a spider based power meter might be that expensive, but you can get a one for about half that. If you've already got an interchangeable spider crankset, then a Sigeyi power meter spider is only about $380. If you don't have a compatible crankset, then you can currently get an SRAM Rival 22 crankset (3 bolt spider interface, with chainrings) for about $100, for a cost of $480 all-in. If you want carbon crank arms, then get an SRAM Force 22 crankset for about $230, or about $610 all-in.
It's much easier situation if you're on SRAM, that's for sure. For me, one I strongly dislike the aesthetics of SRAM cranksets other than RED, and two, one of my main bikes is BB90 so no 30mm compatibility. I also have a pretty strong preference towards Shimano everything for front shifting reliability.

Waiting for Shimano to get their act together and commoditize their crank-based power meters...
Old 04-06-2024, 05:20 PM

Anyone see the cranks actually in stock yet?
Old 04-15-2024, 03:06 PM

Posting as a heads up. Anne-Marije Rook at Cyclingweekly has a review PM, and she saw that the Campy PM is reading higher than other sources on a few test rides.

GPLama said on his YouTube that Campy hadn't reached out to him, but he expressed a lot of concern based on the Cyclingweekly article.

I think I said elsewhere that Keith Wakeham, a power meter engineer, was working on this PM. He actually worked with Campy until 2019 or so. So, those molds in the arms may have been his design. He was also concerned about the accuracy.
Old 04-15-2024, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiwentg View Post
Posting as a heads up. Anne-Marije Rook at Cyclingweekly has a review PM, and she saw that the Campy PM is reading higher than other sources on a few test rides.

GPLama said on his YouTube that Campy hadn't reached out to him, but he expressed a lot of concern based on the Cyclingweekly article.

I think I said elsewhere that Keith Wakeham, a power meter engineer, was working on this PM. He actually worked with Campy until 2019 or so. So, those molds in the arms may have been his design. He was also concerned about the accuracy.
Keith's take: https://youtu.be/KfAvHdTVT4g