Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 05:02 PM

Anyone listen to Lance Armstrong on Howard Stern?

He sure is trying hard to rehabilitate his image. I wonder what he’s after?
Old 07-30-2019, 05:04 PM

I scrubbed him out years ago. Cheating is one thing, being a bully and douchebag ( affecting peoples careers) when you genuinely get called out puts you in the trash.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
He sure is trying hard to rehabilitate his image. I wonder what he’s after?
Wealth and adulation like he had before he had to tell everyone he was a lying scumbag.

He wants the good life back. Lance, as always, is only about Lance.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:09 PM

I just realized that it was originally broadcast in 2017. I just heard it this morning in the car. Links to recap and audio here: https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=201486
Old 07-30-2019, 05:09 PM

Pretty disgusted that NBC gave him a modicum of any "expert" opinion. He should join up with Moscow Mitch!
Old 07-30-2019, 05:10 PM

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...to-his-podcast

Quote:
Onstage, with 300 or so finance types in striped shirts staring at him, he looked uneasy, and he became visibly irritated when the interviewer, Ryan Holiday, the author of Trust Me, I’m Lying and Ego Is the Enemy, asked him to give advice to finance professionals based on his past dealings with the government.

Armstrong grimaced, but he played along. If you’re guilty, he said, avoid emphatic denials. “If I’d just doped to win a bike race, like 200 other guys did in the same bike race, we wouldn’t be sitting here right now talking about this,” he said. “But those 199 other guys didn’t get up in front of the world and take everything on, and be litigious, and, to be honest, be a total prick.”
Quote:
Armstrong first began contemplating a comeback around 2015, when he contacted Strava, developer of the fitness app he was using to track his daily runs, after an overly aggressive fan used it to harass him. When he asked the company for help, Armstrong recalls that one of the company’s founders mentioned something else in passing: Armstrong had the biggest fan base of any Strava user. (Today he has more than 116,000 followers. Tejay van Garderen, the top American rider, who dropped from this year’s Tour after a crash during the seventh stage, has fewer than 25,000.) “I was running four miles a day,” Armstrong recalls thinking. “Why would you wanna watch that?”
Old 07-30-2019, 05:11 PM

you'd have to pay me to listen to LA and/or Stern...
Old 07-30-2019, 05:29 PM
ZhugeLiang

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
I just realized that it was originally broadcast in 2017. I just heard it this morning in the car. Links to recap and audio here: https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=201486
Too late, you just started WWIII.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulh View Post
He should join up with Moscow Mitch!
Quote:
ThePaceline.net Cycling Forum User Agreement

The Paceline Forum is NOT . . .

• For discussion of partisan political topics. If a discussion devolves into partisan politics it will be shut down by the moderators and the thread may be deleted and/or suspensions handed out. Experience has taught us these discussions inevitably deteriorate.
Just in case you forgot, which I highly doubt you did, but these types of comments are just ridiculous and childish especially when you know they're not allowed.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrider View Post
Just in case you forgot, which I highly doubt you did, but these types of comments are just ridiculous and childish especially when you know they're not allowed.
This
Old 07-30-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seramount View Post
you'd have to pay me to listen to LA and/or Stern...
Agreed. Can't think of two beings less deserving of my time.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:54 PM

Early-ish in this year's TdF coverage they had Lance on as an expert commentator and he gave some behind-the-scenes feel. He also promoted his podcast during the TdF coverage.

I'm not usually a letter-to-the-editor kind of guy but seeing his lying face on the screen had me googling NBCSN contact and I fired off a strong note saying that having Armstrong on their broadcast made sure that crime did indeed pay for him. I said that if he was on again I would turn off their network and not turn it back on again.

Apparently I wasn't the only one who complained because as far as I know his segment was axed after the first episode and did not return.

I agree strongly with second chances and redemption BUT only after the person makes amends and atones for their bad actions. Until he does that I'm writing angry letters and doing everything I can to make sure my money doesn't end up in his pocket.

dave
Old 07-30-2019, 06:14 PM

Funny how the ones most outraged about Armstrong are the most bile spewing vindictive haters. Looks like some serious cases of projection.
Old 07-30-2019, 06:35 PM

think of other folks you're not fond of

and what this sort of activism could do. we can do something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kirk View Post
Early-ish in this year's TdF coverage they had Lance on as an expert commentator and he gave some behind-the-scenes feel. He also promoted his podcast during the TdF coverage.

I'm not usually a letter-to-the-editor kind of guy but seeing his lying face on the screen had me googling NBCSN contact and I fired off a strong note saying that having Armstrong on their broadcast made sure that crime did indeed pay for him. I said that if he was on again I would turn off their network and not turn it back on again.

Apparently I wasn't the only one who complained because as far as I know his segment was axed after the first episode and did not return.

I agree strongly with second chances and redemption BUT only after the person makes amends and atones for their bad actions. Until he does that I'm writing angry letters and doing everything I can to make sure my money doesn't end up in his pocket.

dave

Last edited by eddief; 07-30-2019 at 06:38 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kirk View Post

dave
David, I like your (analog) style.
Closed Thread