Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-03-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTuck View Post
I think he has a lot of bluster, but is a half-way decent coach. Plus, I liked his cameo in "That's my Boy" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzvwyMqO2ak

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan of his. But I do have a soft spot in my heart for the Bills. A small market team that plays in an open air stadium in upstate NY, in the same division as the Patriots.

My point was more about how firing head coaches is such a knee jerk reaction to a bad season (and 7-9 is not a terrible season, IMO), and I don't like to see people treated unfairly.
I don't see him as being treated unfairly - he causes his own problems. The owner probably realized that even if they started winning next year it was not worth the hassle of having Ryan as your coach. There are more important things than just winning.

Jeff
Old 01-03-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climb01742 View Post
... as the D plays much better and the offense is going through more players than Gronk and Edelman. That diversity of options will pay dividends as opposing defenses will have a much harder time zeroing in on one or two guys to stop.
Yeah, I myself really deserve to eat crow, because after seeing McCourty, Ryan and Butler getting shelled about a month ago, I thought this D was done and posted as much somewhere in this thread. But they really rose to the challenge and look GOOD. We stupid armchair defensive coordinators always say things like, Strip it! Punch out the ball! like it's the easiest thing in the world to do when you're trying to tackle 210 pounds of muscle... nice to see it happening with this team.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwdm View Post
Tha league signed a 10 year contract with Reebok in the early 2000s requiring coaches to wear Reebok officially licensed NFL clothing.

Jeff
Think they just inked a contract with under armour - Reebok stuff should be going on sale - hahaha.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.President View Post
I love the hoodie. As business as BB is during his reports, style of coaching, and attitude for disruptions this strikes me as ironic and I laugh at how many people go bananas over it.

Crossed fingers for the playoffs. I just want to see Brady be handed the trophy by the utmost criminal in the league.
I sure hope so!!!
Old 01-03-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
Think they just inked a contract with under armour - Reebok stuff should be going on sale - hahaha.
I had not seen that. Nike took over from Reebok in 2012 and has a contract through the 2019 season.

Jeff
Old 01-04-2017, 05:57 AM

Saw this on the interwebs, really good visual of the dominance...

Old 01-15-2017, 03:20 PM
Adam/SerottaFan

Another record- Conference Finals 6 yrs in a row.
Old 01-15-2017, 03:30 PM
needs adult supervision

An ugly win is better than a pretty loss, true, but last night was, for the offense, a little unsettling. As a fan, I hope they got the fumbles, interceptions and dumb penalties out of their systems. On the brighter side, the D played really well, and has for the last 6 or 7 games. To reach the Super Bowl -- and shove it up Goodell's @ss -- the Pats will need to play better. Thank heavens for home field advantage.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
An ugly win is better than a pretty loss, true, but last night was, for the offense, a little unsettling. As a fan, I hope they got the fumbles, interceptions and dumb penalties out of their systems. On the brighter side, the D played really well, and has for the last 6 or 7 games. To reach the Super Bowl -- and shove it up Goodell's @ss -- the Pats will need to play better. Thank heavens for home field advantage.
The Pats always play poorly after a bye week. I expect them to be much more together next week. I am thinking this is going to be a Patriots-Packers Super Bowl, which will be a great matchup.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
I agree. An ugly win when everyone was expecting a blowout. Dion Lewis's football version of the ultimate hat trick was pretty cool.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:33 AM

Eric Rowe's stupid penalty was huge (Just watch BB chew him out) - they punt there and who knows, Pats score and Texans give up. Cowboys - Packers game was must see TV. Rodgers is on another planet right now. Pittsburgh will be a tough game for the Pats. Bell and Brown are world class athletes. Luckily will be at home.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:01 AM

Thank the Steelers for giving the Pats more motivation.
The main statement: “We spotted those a--holes a day and a half”…
Coach, the league decided the schedule, you had NOTHING to do with spotting anything. Lot’s of talk for a team that couldn’t score a touchdown…

Story below, from ESPN:

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown took viewers inside the locker room following Sunday night's 18-16 playoff victory over the Chiefs in Kansas City, posting 17 minutes of video on Facebook Live that included the voice of head coach Mike Tomlin addressing the team.

Tomlin highlighted how the New England Patriots have a head start in their preparations for Sunday's AFC Championship Game, after beating the Houston Texans 34-16 on Saturday.

"When you get to this point in the journey, man, not a lot needs to be said. Let's say very little moving forward. Let's start our preparations. We just spotted these a--h---- a day and a half. They played yesterday. Our game got moved to tonight. We're going to touch down at 4 o'clock in the f---ing morning. So be it," Tomlin said in the video. "We'll be ready for their a--. But you ain't got to tell them we're coming.

"Keep a low profile, and let's get ready to ball like this up again here in a few days and be right back at it. That's our story."

After Tomlin spoke, a few other voices could be heard.

"Keep cool on social media. This is about us, nobody else, man," one said.

"It's a lion's den we're going into this week," said another player of the Patriots' home field, Gillette Stadium. "Keep your mouth shut, and let's play Steeler football."

The video had over 900,000 views just a few hours after it aired.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corso View Post
Lot’s of talk for a team that couldn’t score a touchdown…
From a team that has one of the hottest winning streaks, won their division, and won two playoff games. Good teams find ways to win games. It could be five touchdowns or six field goals. A win is a win. Doing it on the road vs an Andy Reid team with a bye is nothing to be ashamed about.

New England was blanked by buffalo but they still earned their way to the afc championship. I realize Brady was out, but you would think a team with Gronk and Blount on the field could have at least put up three.

Last edited by thirdgenbird; 01-16-2017 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:31 AM
Classics Fan

Having had Le'Veon Bell on my fantasy team, and seeing the kind of damage he can do, I was really hoping New England wouldn't have to play Pittsburgh. So many scary weapons. Especially after the Patriot's performance on Saturday. I'm sure Bill will put a good game plan together, but it is going to be a very tough game.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:05 AM

Why isn't anyone talking about the OTHER number 12?