Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-16-2018, 03:14 PM

Rock Racing
Old 01-16-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcteague View Post
Forget the tattoo. His knee looks like a minefield!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sagan_smallTDU_S1__o9k1938_rsz.jpg (67.1 KB, 443 views)

Last edited by OtayBW; 01-16-2018 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtayBW View Post
Forget the tattoo. His knee looks like a minefield!
You haven't hung out with a lot of pro bike riders, have you?

"Tattoo" is gold.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
You haven't hung out with a lot of pro bike riders, have you?

"Tattoo" is gold.
You might be surprised...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2018, 07:34 AM

Another shot, another stupid looking tat.

Tim
Old 01-17-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooch View Post
I'm just noticing how nice the straps on the bibs look...
I did the same!
Old 01-17-2018, 12:29 PM
Ex-Mr.President

There are a ton of sanctimonious judgments being passed on what others do to themselves.

If that is real and that is his thing, then i think who ever the artist was, he/she did a nice job.

I have a ton of them and none of you would want anything to do with what I have, but that is the great thing about tattoos, nobody gets a tattoo for someone else's approval.

at least I hope no one does.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
There are a ton of sanctimonious judgments being passed on what others do to themselves.

If that is real and that is his thing, then i think who ever the artist was, he/she did a nice job.

I have a ton of them and none of you would want anything to do with what I have, but that is the great thing about tattoos, nobody gets a tattoo for someone else's approval.

It's not about approval. We are free to express our opinions just as others are free to do what they want to their bodies as long as it does not seriously affect someone else. I've made it clear before, I have no idea why people would want to permanently ink their bodies with cartoons. It certainly seems to be the fashion of the day for the young. However, fashions change and it is not as easy to toss aside a tattoo as one could with a pair of bell bottoms. I'm sure it takes some skill to create them but the vast majority seem no better than hotel/motel art IMO.

Tim
Old 01-17-2018, 02:20 PM
Classics Fan

Quote:
It's not about approval. We are free to express our opinions just as others are free to do what they want to their bodies as long as it does not seriously affect someone else. I've made it clear before, I have no idea why people would want to permanently ink their bodies with cartoons. It certainly seems to be the fashion of the day for the young. However, fashions change and it is not as easy to toss aside a tattoo as one could with a pair of bell bottoms. I'm sure it takes some skill to create them but the vast majority seem no better than hotel/motel art IMO.

Tim
While I don't entirely disagree with you (I've seen some tattoos that truly make me scratch my head), tattoos are hardly a recent phenomenon.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-...ns-61-tattoos/
Old 01-17-2018, 03:12 PM
Ex-Mr.President

Quote:

Tim
That is entirely fair and I agree to a point. Some and I stress some of the older generations (I am 42) don’t view tattoos the way I or a lot of the folks I run into do.. I will say seeing 16 year old kids get them does make me wonder.

I got my first one out of spite to my mother who forced me to join a fraternity my freshman year in college. I told her I would do it if I could get a tattoo. She relented. What I didn’t tell her was the college soccer team I was playing for All belonged to the same fraternity and having started college months before the students came, due to training camp, I knew I was going to join one anyway.

Then it took off from there. Now I have plenty. Oddly enough as most of mine are Star Wars bad guys and I teach 112 year olds who have parents my age,, the kids and parents both love it. More of my parents have ink in the last 6 to 10 years then they did when I started.

They aren’t for everyone and if I am truly honest most of the hate ones I see make me sad that there are folks who need to profess their hatred for something and or types.

Anyway, tattoos can be a very interesting topic.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:19 PM
cmg

"Some and I stress some of the older generations (I am 42) don’t view tattoos the way I" I'm 59 and a minority. During the teenage experience i looked like fidel castro/Jerry Garcia. when cops showed up I got the questions. tats were something the cops used to identify you. no tats, no id made it harder. I was good with that. I'm not a fan of tats, makes cops go crazy.

Last edited by cmg; 01-17-2018 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:25 PM

Yea but he can do this ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D7lsFlOEuU
Old 01-17-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave B View Post

That is a great point. If he likes it that is all that matters.

Besides, there is only one tatoo I see worthy of praise:

Old 01-17-2018, 03:32 PM
formerly Landshark_98

Quote:
It's not about approval. We are free to express our opinions just as others are free to do what they want to their bodies as long as it does not seriously affect someone else.

Tim
Ok so someone has a tatoo and you think its stupid yada, yada. I get that. I wouldn't want a tat of myself on my body. I'm as guilty as the next in looking at someone and criticizing something about them, and at times expressing that opinion to others but to be truthful, I kinda don't like that part of me and wonder, why? Why do I find it necessary to give voice to my opinion about someone else's private decisions?

Yeah its a free country and freedom of speech/expression all that good stuff but I'm not defending our Bill of Rights when making such comments, Rather our culture seems particularly fond of both idolizing and/or criticizing other persons' decisions on all matters of appearance from body shape to tats to hair color, style, dress you name it. And then there's the family and friends phenomena of telling family and friends what they should do ... a whole 'nother level of irritant.

If John Q Public spent half as much time gazing inward and working on that or thinking seriously about the challenges we have locally, nationally and worldwide as they do watching entertainment tonight etc. maybe we wouldn't be in the mess we are in. And if as species we were better at live and let live, I'd like humans more.

And as a receptor of comments like "that's a stupid tatoo or stupid haircut etc., etc" . - I find it very hard to separate the expressing ones opinion and the making a judgment about the person component of the commentary. Not a big deal and perhaps there are some anthropologic/evollutionary/sociobiology explanations of tribal indentification or something, but it still bothers me. Must be winter.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:38 PM

He's free to get what he wants, but nothing confirms his taste and aesthetic being super basic like getting a self-portrait as the Dark Knight Joker.

2008 wants its trendy pop culture back.

But hey, I'm feeling sporting, the fist bump with his son tattoo is pretty fun.