Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-06-2024, 09:32 AM
LunarDDS

Fulcrum Speed 42 - need opinions and a question

Building up a new frame and want a tweaner flat road/climbing wheelset. Something around 40 deep and would prefer to be 23 internal and hooked. I have a set of BORA WTO 45 on my rim brakes bike that I really like. This bike is going to be DA so the Fulcrum Speed 42 make sense. Any other options I'm missing that would fit the criteria?

The only places I've found that have these at a discounted price have the Xdr freehub. Does anyone know what size the freehub is on these new Fulcrums? Guess I could just measure them up once they get here. I'm guessing they share the Bora internals.
Old 10-06-2024, 09:42 AM

I have a pair of the Fulcrum 42/57 mixed depth wheels and highly recommend them. They are fast as hell.
Old 10-06-2024, 10:41 AM

I have the Speed 40, which was the prior gen. The 40 came with carbon hub shell and db round spokes (which I wanted). You are right in a sense they are tweeners. Great wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunardds View Post
Building up a new frame and want a tweaner flat road/climbing wheelset. Something around 40 deep and would prefer to be 23 internal and hooked. I have a set of BORA WTO 45 on my rim brakes bike that I really like. This bike is going to be DA so the Fulcrum Speed 42 make sense. Any other options I'm missing that would fit the criteria?

The only places I've found that have these at a discounted price have the Xdr freehub. Does anyone know what size the freehub is on these new Fulcrums? Guess I could just measure them up once they get here. I'm guessing they share the Bora internals.