Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 07:38 PM
SageOfMilwaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
kppolich for the win
Another nice feature of a Marketplace forum that I visit all too often is the MacRumors.com forum. They have the For Sale section split up nicely. I'd see it working here along the lines of.

FS: Complete Bikes
FS: Parts
FS: Clothes
FS: Other

But I don't know how many admins we have and/or the added time/cost that is associated with something like that. They also have a nice feature where you can edit thread title's from a dropdown of Feeler, WTB, For Sale, Sold, Ended, Etc.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:43 PM

I chuckled at a PSA the other day here from a member as it was something they were selling!

I like the idea of one thread for PSAs. That works for me over in the classic and vintage area at bikeforums.

The endless bumps do get annoying.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:48 PM

PSA: Cool 55cm Eddy Merckx, in Germany

posting this here before you guys shut it all down:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Eddy-Merckx-...sJhj:rk:9:pf:0

Last edited by wildboar; 11-09-2018 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:54 PM

I think PSA’s are ok, but there’s at least one member who overdoes it imho. It’s annoying and this isn’t the only forum I’ve seen it overdone. I do believe it’s well intentioned. Probably. I dunno. Glad I’m not the one who has to make the decisions.

I second the proposal to add a sticky for PSA’s just like the large bike version. That solves the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2018, 07:58 PM

Charles really just needs to start a listserv for anyone interested in his deal scouting emails.

Calling it Classifieds if half the front page is PSAs is inaccurate. It's more the Town Crier forum at that point. But that's in keeping with the trendline on the Classifieds here anyways.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab2000 View Post
Have a sub-forum or ban them. They’re annoying and not at all in the spirit of the classifieds.

It’s easy to put something up for sale and have it on page 3 within a day. Not a fan of a dozen “bumps” either. There’s an auction site out there for stuff that won’t sell. Price it at a buck and it’ll sell.
The hell of it is that if you just get a nice bike with nice parts, all that’s left to do is to ride it. Or even just a decent bike with decent parts. No need to waste your life looking for the next score. No need to obsess about finding the magic part or frame that transforms your life forever.

I’ve got boxes of bike stuff. If getting stuff trips your trigger post up and I will send you a bunch of stuff for shipping. Or as George Carlin said “your ****”. It’ll be your ****.

Is the spirit of the classifieds to find just one more hit?

I’ll admit that I do from time to time search for a 59 square Legend Ti frame and even imagine that it’ll be cheap and perfect like brand new in my preferred paint scheme, but when I don’t find it I’m not mad because its not there.

Being aggravated by the classifieds is just such a first world problem.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:00 PM

A PSA led me to the Argonaut across the hall which is now on it's way to my house! Long live the PSA's!

Seriously, if you don't like it - don't click it.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:06 PM

I like the PSAs as well. Admittedly there were quite a number spammed today, but that was a rare occurrence. Keep the PSAs!
Old 11-09-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisericd View Post
A PSA led me to the Argonaut across the hall which is now on it's way to my house! Long live the PSA's!

Seriously, if you don't like it - don't click it.
From the Radavist? Nice score! Was wondering who got that...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryA View Post
I’ll admit that I do from time to time search for a 59 square Legend Ti frame and even imagine that it’ll be cheap and perfect like brand new in my preferred paint scheme, but when I don’t find it I’m not mad because its not there.
Two peas in a pod we are...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryA View Post
The hell of it is that if you just get a nice bike with nice parts, all that’s left to do is to ride it. Or even just a decent bike with decent parts. No need to waste your life looking for the next score. No need to obsess about finding the magic part or frame that transforms your life forever.

I’ve got boxes of bike stuff. If getting stuff trips your trigger post up and I will send you a bunch of stuff for shipping. Or as George Carlin said “your ****”. It’ll be your ****.

Is the spirit of the classifieds to find just one more hit?

Being aggravated by the classifieds is just such a first world problem.
That's a lot of projection about what I'm sure is a wide range of Classifieds use cases.

But this place has always sucked at curation.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:15 PM

I've been offloading a lot of stuff on the auction site lately because I don't wish to deal with the dumb stuff that goes on here. I list it there and whatever happens, happens. If it doesn't sell I lower the price. In a lot of cases I'm sure I would have gotten a ton of comments on the items but mostly I want them gone. Trying to downsize my collection in a meaningful manner and it's not helpful with a ton of commentary or other public service announcements getting in the way. So onto the 'Bay they go. No skin off my back but I'd sort of like to get these parts, some of them kind of exotic and even legitimately 'rare' to a buyer here who might really like it.

Anyway, hardly worth a lot of effort. The stuff goes on eBay and I ship it and forget it. I'm glad I enjoyed it while I had it and when it's gone I barely remember it and I'm hopeful someone else will enjoy it as much as I have.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:17 PM

I like them because it will often start a discussion on a cool bike. That’s what this site is about.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:18 PM

PSA: This thread should be in Classifieds
Old 11-09-2018, 08:28 PM

keep the psa
all the way
they are great
stop the hate
Closed Thread

Tags
#istandwithcharles, brussel sprouts, lol lol lol, mother of all psa threads