Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-16-2019, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
This ^. (but no Rolex - just a Breitling and Omega that are sitting).

I have the 3 which allows me to listen to music via bluetooth when I run, synchs nicely with map my run/ride to announce distance and pace etc., vibrates when google maps wants me to turn when driving, messages and text via the watch etc. They are probably discounting their old line now that the 5 (comes in Ti too) is out. The heart monitor is a nice feature which my 3 does not have - I only get notifications when my heartbeat goes below 40 while I am asleep (probably need to have that checked out as I go below 40 fairly frequently).
Anyone who wants to trade their Rolex/Breitling/Omega for Apple Watch should DM me immediately.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash05458 View Post
honestly dont mean to sound too curmudgeon here...not at all as whatever you dig you dig...and I can appreciate folks needing certain things...but having never owned a smart phone or mobile or otherwise, I don't get the differences as slight as they seem...opening garage doors? seriously?
Smartphones have transformed my life in a lot of ways. Not all good to be sure, but some features are amazing.

Opening garage doors may not be your thing, but it’s a feature my cousin uses. He can monitor his garage door. It’s a matter of home security. And my smart thermostat means I can monitor my home temp while I’m away. And change it when I land and warm it up in advance. All from my phone. And the internet phone calls around the world that are fee-free are nice too.

Smart phones can be amazing tools.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:07 AM

if you’re into the latest tech and especially if you’re already invested in the Apple ecosystem then the Apple Watch is a great complementary piece.

If you’re not, well, an Internet forum certainly isn’t going to change your mind.

I have a watch series 2 and will likely get a series 5. For me, i think the watch is great for running and music. It auto syncs with my playlists. Stick in some Bluetooth earbuds, and I’m literally off and running. During the work day, it’s nice to get instant messages flashing on my watch without having to always have my phone in hand.

I don’t consider the watch as essential as my phone. But it’s a nice complementary piece.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by commandcomm View Post
I am still rocking an iPhone SE and working like a champ. It cost $160. I just cannot yet get into a smart watch. It seems to be to be too much connectivity if you know what I mean.
My SE took a swim during a camping trip a couple of months ago and amazingly still works, but is not all there and has been having various problems.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:36 PM

The apple watch has lots of features. I ignore most of them but a few I use regularly. I really like:

- the cycling exercise app gives reliable distance and climb stats, which is nice when i ride a route that doesn’t need a garmin route.

- The pulse monitoring during the ride also works great.

- the volume and fast forward/rewind controls for controlling my podcast app while driving

- text and phone also work pretty ok

All it takes is a few apps that you like.