Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-11-2020, 07:53 PM
commuter racer

Warrenty on Veloce Shifters?

So I got my neighbor some shifters to replace his busted Veloce shifters and they broke too. I forgot, does campy USA help with this stuff even if it was purchased at PBK? These are less than three years old.
Thanks!
Old 02-11-2020, 09:38 PM

From what ive heard here and there the answer is no.

What happened to the brifters? they dont shift at all or are actually cracked/broken into pieces?

If they dont shift well, honestly stuff like that never happened to me after 3 years, if your friend uses the brifters like if was not tomorrow and shift every 3 seconds, well... there you have the problem and even if you get him brifters made to unibtanium they will go bye bye pretty soon. I imagine shimano would be the same.

If there's manufacturing problems or cracked prematurely u lose nothing asking campagnolo america about it. Worse case scenario your friend might need new brifters anyways.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:10 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinomaster View Post
So I got my neighbor some shifters to replace his busted Veloce shifters and they broke too. I forgot, does campy USA help with this stuff even if it was purchased at PBK? These are less than three years old.
Thanks!
If you have a receipt, and a bike shop that can deal with Campag warranty..have them get an RA number and send them in..

BUT, the levers have to have the wee bracode/tracking number thing on them..if removed..no warranty. WITH that barcode Campag NA will track the 'path' they took and if an 'alternative' distribution channel, they may not warranty them. PBK is KNOWN to get and sell, seconds, gray and black market stuff..And by trying to stop this, Campag may refuse to warranty..Yes, I know it hurts the end user since the real culprit is the reseller...PBK...

Have the shop call Jerry..
or
ott@campagnolona.com

How are they 'broken'? Both pairs??Both levers? Droopy thumb button(2015+)?

Last edited by oldpotatoe; 02-12-2020 at 07:15 AM.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:20 PM
commuter racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
If you have a receipt, and a bike shop that can deal with Campag warranty..have them get an RA number and send them in..

BUT, the levers have to have the wee bracode/tracking number thing on them..if removed..no warranty. WITH that barcode Campag NA will track the 'path' they took and if an 'alternative' distribution channel, they may not warranty them. PBK is KNOWN to get and sell, seconds, gray and black market stuff..And by trying to stop this, Campag may refuse to warranty..Yes, I know it hurts the end user since the real culprit is the reseller...PBK...

Have the shop call Jerry..
or
ott@campagnolona.com

How are they 'broken'? Both pairs??Both levers? Droopy thumb button(2015+)?

Thanks amigo, the right shifter wont go to easier gears... died like the last set. These are the last 10 speed Veloce iteration. We'll contact them and thanks so much for the help.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:47 PM

I have a brand new set of those shifters I would sell to your friend if you get stuck. Or he could try an older pre-powershift set.
Old 02-13-2020, 06:57 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn_user View Post
I have a brand new set of those shifters I would sell to your friend if you get stuck. Or he could try an older pre-powershift set.
Agree with that BUT UltraShift Veloce only made 2009-2010. The 2007/8 Veloce were 'xenon' guts and 'powershift-esque. 2006 and older Veloce ala Record/Chorus....
Old 02-13-2020, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Agree with that BUT UltraShift Veloce only made 2009-2010. The 2007/8 Veloce were 'xenon' guts and 'powershift-esque. 2006 and older Veloce ala Record/Chorus....
And I have a NOS with all cables pair silver last generation Veloce 10's with the "droopy" buttons I don't need either.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:07 AM

It's possible to buy a 10 speed Ultrashift body off ebay, then just put together with his existing brake lever, bar clamp and hood (would need modified to accept the ultrashift thumb lever). These are solid and have different internals that won't suffer failure like you've experienced.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Campagnolo-...on=1000%7C1500
Old 02-15-2020, 06:03 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaroon View Post
It's possible to buy a 10 speed Ultrashift body off ebay, then just put together with his existing brake lever, bar clamp and hood (would need modified to accept the ultrashift thumb lever). These are solid and have different internals that won't suffer failure like you've experienced.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Campagnolo-...on=1000%7C1500
Here's an even cheaper one..