Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-10-2019, 01:31 PM
Administrator

OT: Altice Mobile?

Anyone using this service yet?

@ 20 bucks a line for life with unlimited everything, i'm seriously considering jumping ship from verizon who i have had forever.

reviews?
Old 12-10-2019, 01:48 PM
#RYFB

Nick, I assume you're an Optimum customer otherwise you wouldn't quote the $20/mo plan. This provides a decent overview of the details, including throttling threshold, speeds, etc.

They're unusual as a virtual operator (like Comcast and Spectrum) in that they own some infrastructure and spectrum of their own, presumably in their cable service area (I used to cover this in a lot more detail, don't recall all the details now). When out of that area you'll primarily be on the Sprint network, otherwise AT&T.

One concern I'd have is "no 3G connections" -- which could be a problem if you travel to rural areas that are underserved with LTE. But if you're indeed an Optimum customer this looks like a great deal.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgolvin View Post
Nick, I assume you're an Optimum customer otherwise you wouldn't quote the $20/mo plan. This provides a decent overview of the details, including throttling threshold, speeds, etc.

They're unusual as a virtual operator (like Comcast and Spectrum) in that they own some infrastructure and spectrum of their own, presumably in their cable service area (I used to cover this in a lot more detail, don't recall all the details now). When out of that area you'll primarily be on the Sprint network, otherwise AT&T.

One concern I'd have is "no 3G connections" -- which could be a problem if you travel to rural areas that are underserved with LTE. But if you're indeed an Optimum customer this looks like a great deal.
thanks for that.

truth is that i'm also a fios customer, but looking to cut cable out of our lives and go to an internet only plan, and Optimum looks good for that as Verizon is happy to screw existing customers while enticing new customers with better deals.

also, i have, and generally carry my work cell phone also, which is verizon, and that phone has unlimited data and minites, etc, so i could always resort to that if needed.

i think i'm going for it and i'm about to save a boatload of cash and stop paying damned verizon bills!
Old 12-10-2019, 03:49 PM
Administrator

well, trigger pulled, and cord to verizon, of which i've been a customer for practically two decades about to be severed.

if this all works out the way i expect it to i'm going to be saving a boatload of money/month.

will update with actual findings from this mobile service.
Old 12-10-2019, 03:53 PM

Subscribed (metaphorphically speaking.....).
Old 12-10-2019, 04:25 PM
#RYFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
if this all works out the way i expect it to i'm going to be saving a boatload of money/month.
I can practically hear Paceliners salivating in anticipation of securing a portion of your savings with their disused parts.

Look forward to hearing the report.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:26 PM

Let us know how the service is once you have some experience with it.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
well, trigger pulled, and cord to verizon, of which i've been a customer for practically two decades about to be severed.

will update with actual findings from this mobile service.
Good job.
Can't wait for high speed internet to come to our area so I can kick DirecTV/ATT out of my life forever.