Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-10-2019, 11:51 AM

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg ED932A28-9A61-43BE-A0B7-E3CB5B4644C5.jpeg (82.5 KB, 308 views)
Old 12-10-2019, 11:54 AM

I have worked with creative types for the last 16 years and tattoos are common.

But I agree about the hand, face, neck tattoos. Unless you sincerely don't care or have a nice size trust fund, don't get them.

Sheep? Not at all.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:59 AM

Prefer to pass and have my artwork on the wall or below me. plus: https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...s/art-20045067

call me chicken but I have 2 canula/needles in my 24 hrs a day with diabetes, know what skin reactions can cause.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickdoc View Post
when i was younger i stabbed my big toe with a pencil and it left a mark.

Does that count?
lol!
Old 12-10-2019, 12:40 PM

I feel like buying the Corvette is less permanent, but everybody's gotta do what's right for them.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Yup, have 6..this one my favorite..yes, been on this forum before BUT..all mine have a 'story', why you get them..Nice sleeve, BTW-I'd love another but $ and 'old skin' means maybe not.

Good for you and geez, winter, why not...
I asked someone what their tattoo meant once. I was reamed for it. I figured if you were going through the expense, time, and discomfort of getting something you would have forever, that it might just mean something. Guess I was wrong.
I don't have any, so I admit to being clueless to the thoughts that go into one. Why get one where it will always be covered? I understand a personal one, memory of a loved one gone, a private reminder to yourself. But on your back? Where you can't even see it? I'm lost.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:01 PM

Ex-navy here, never had any interest in acquiring ink then or now. Occasionally a whimsical tat catches my eye but that’s about it.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:08 PM

I have one that I got while I was in the Army almost 30 years ago. I regretted it almost as soon as I got it but it was a platoon thing.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:14 PM
Older Than You

Ex Navy here too. Zero interest in tattoos.
When I was in boot camp at Great Lakes Il. guys would take their weekend afternoon liberty time and go to Milwaukee or Chicago and get tattoos. A number of them got infected. What a mess.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:49 PM

I don’t have any and through most of my life have sort of looked down upon tattoos as something only for convicts or mariners.

But now . . . my wife and ex-wife have them. So do my daughters and step daughters. Even other cyclists here have them.

I’m retired and feel truly free to be me and have lately thought about getting a sleeve. I’m stuck on the design though. I can’t decide what to get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My blog and Instagram
Old 12-10-2019, 01:55 PM

I got personalized license plates once and thought they were stupid two weeks later, so I got rid of them. Better not get a tat.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_moses View Post
I don’t have any and through most of my life have sort of looked down upon tattoos as something only for convicts or mariners.

But now . . . my wife and ex-wife have them. So do my daughters and step daughters. Even other cyclists here have them.

I’m retired and feel truly free to be me and have lately thought about getting a sleeve. I’m stuck on the design though. I can’t decide what to get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This is actually very interesting.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:19 PM

I have a few on my shoulders, back and ankle. All are completely covered in regular office wear, although it wouldn't be an issue at my current job anyways. Each has a story and personal significance so I don't have any regrets, although one is a bit larger than I would prefer if I were to do it over.

I was thinking about getting one for my 50th birthday, which was a couple of months ago. I couldn't nail down a final design so I chose not to get anything done rather than have one that I wasn't whole-heartedly into. I might get another at some point, but not sure if it will all come together.

I was reading an article about how tattoos are so prevalent in all walks of society now that a lot of teens consider them something that old people do and don't have an interest in them. I guess all things really do come in and out of fashion. I wonder what today's 15 year-olds will do to show they're rebellious and edgy.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:27 PM

Pass.. we've reached peak tattoo it seems. Almost like more people have them than don't have them.

I also couldn't begin to think what I'd want that I wouldn't regret.

2010 trip to CA was the first time I started thinking Tattoos were jumping the shark. It seems like we've caught up on the east coast now.

Not saying I don't appreciate some of them, but I see more I think look weird/lame/repetitive.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinvc View Post
I have a few on my shoulders, back and ankle. All are completely covered in regular office wear, although it wouldn't be an issue at my current job anyways. Each has a story and personal significance so I don't have any regrets, although one is a bit larger than I would prefer if I were to do it over.

I was thinking about getting one for my 50th birthday, which was a couple of months ago. I couldn't nail down a final design so I chose not to get anything done rather than have one that I wasn't whole-heartedly into. I might get another at some point, but not sure if it will all come together.

I was reading an article about how tattoos are so prevalent in all walks of society now that a lot of teens consider them something that old people do and don't have an interest in them. I guess all things really do come in and out of fashion. I wonder what today's 15 year-olds will do to show they're rebellious and edgy.

Get a flip phone.