Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2021, 04:21 PM

I just sourced an entire GRX Di2 groupset by getting a parts list and then piecing it together from different sellers on Ebay. The price ended up being about the same as ordering the entire group from one vendor. It can be done - just be methodical.
Old 02-25-2021, 05:12 PM

grx is getting hard to find at a reasonable price. Everywhere that has any left is pricing them at 'retail' or retail+markup. Wish I pulled the trigger a few months ago when you could get a whole group for 500 from merlin =(
Old 02-25-2021, 05:29 PM

If you’re comfortable buying likely “grey market” components, try https://www.eurobikeparts.com/. I’ve had nothing but positive experiences purchasing from them. For authorized Shimano components, https://www.universalcycles.com/ has good prices and you can check inventory before purchasing. If you provide them with your e-mail address, they will notify you when items arrive in their inventory. I was working late one evening when I received an e-mail notifying me that Shimano ST-R7000 brake/shift levers were in stock. I ordered a pair immediately. They were sold out by the next morning.

Greg
Old 02-26-2021, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by party time View Post
grx is getting hard to find at a reasonable price. Everywhere that has any left is pricing them at 'retail' or retail+markup. Wish I pulled the trigger a few months ago when you could get a whole group for 500 from merlin =(
$500 for the whole group would have been nice. I just had to build a complete kit between Merlin and Universal. I just had my fit done and my shop was saying they couldn't guarantee anything from Shimano until maybe by the end of the year

I checked to make sure if they were OK with me finding the group outside of them, and they said if I could that I should...and they very much appreciated me speaking to them about that first. I'll get everything else through them though.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregL View Post
If you’re comfortable buying likely “grey market” components, try https://www.eurobikeparts.com/. I’ve had nothing but positive experiences purchasing from them.
Greg
Can you clarify what you mean by this? I bought a mechanical Ultegra group from them last year, and it all seemed legit. Do you just mean that they're not an authorized seller?
Old 02-26-2021, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibis View Post
$500 for the whole group would have been nice. I just had to build a complete kit between Merlin and Universal. I just had my fit done and my shop was saying they couldn't guarantee anything from Shimano until maybe by the end of the year

I checked to make sure if they were OK with me finding the group outside of them, and they said if I could that I should...and they very much appreciated me speaking to them about that first. I'll get everything else through them though.
Bear in mind that the Pound is also getting stronger. It's now 1.41GBP to 1USD. A year ago when I paid $400 for my 105 groupset shipped from Merlin, it was down at $1.25 or so.