Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-06-2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kirk View Post
The blades do have a long and gradual curve to them that runs nearly to the crown and that could be why they look different to your eye.
Sounds pretty normal. Must be just a trompe l'oiel! Gorgeous bike, in any case.
Old 02-09-2021, 03:04 PM

Had one delivered today. I was already an hour into a ride, and I've been suffering a little with a sore bit on one side. Felt ok initially, felt like it needed to be way more forward than an Arione, will fiddle a little more and probably switch to an inline post.
Old 02-10-2021, 06:50 AM

I switched over to the Stealth saddle back when this thread started after riding Fizik Arione saddles for years. I liked it so much I bought a second one for one of my other bikes and have been riding these two bikes for the winter. A couple of days ago I took my 3rd bike out that still has a Fizik Arione saddle. I was very surprised, I was immediately uncomfortable and was stunned at the difference. The Arione has always fit me well to the point where on long rides I never thought about the saddle - the number one sign that a saddle is the right fit. But now after my butt has adjusted to the Shimano I was taken back at how uncomfortable the Fizik was.

Reflecting this may also have to do with my position being more upright these days but regardless I am sold on this saddle.

I know there are some who tried the Stealth and just couldn’t get along with it. If you happen to like to try a Fizik Arione, want to trade?
Old 02-10-2021, 09:41 AM

Another hour and half on the trainer today. I've got it 2.4 degrees nose down over the entire length, which is a little bit less nose down than originally. Feels decent, best part is I can sit on the nose for 20 minutes with no issue at all, this was not the case on the Arione which required a fair bit of discomfort.

It 'might' be a touch wide for me, if I sit back I feel it on my inner thighs a bit, but the way I have it setup I can't really get back that far anyway. The lack of adjustment is the only real downside.

Old 02-10-2021, 09:51 AM

What is the deal with that range?
I thought if rails are supported by a decent clamp, you should be able to go almost to the bend...
am I crazy? I am not slamming saddles too often but still. On something like a syntace to get setback you need to.
Seems odd that a new age short saddle would have such limited adjustment range as I imagine one might need to experiment with fore aft to get things in the right place, and I guess with this range, that would mean buying another seatpost !
Old 02-12-2021, 09:01 PM

So I ordered one this week based on this thread. I’ve been OK on many different saddles over the year, but assumed numbness and some discomfort were just the price to pay. I’ve been doing ~8hrs/week on Zwift and was feeling some discomfort, which in the past has led to a saddle sore. I usually just shift around to avoid it. Not really ideal.

Anyway, put the Pro Stealth on today and it was better. Not yet great, because it’s a different feeling. Your weight has to go somewhere. I noticed just how short it is. The nose is 3cm further from my bars than my Fabric saddle. I don’t have any saddle nose I can see when riding. I have my front wheel elevated on a riser block with a Kickr, so it’s a couple degrees inclined.

So I usually make it 30min until numbness and with the Pro I still wasn’t numb well past an hour. I’m almost sold after 1 ride. A good start at least.
Old 02-12-2021, 09:42 PM

Going to sideline this thread a little. The Pro Stealth is a good 95% saddle for me but the padded Berk Dila is like a match made in heaven. The nose feels slightly wider but otherwise very similar. I bought one used from Clean and Berk warrantied it when the saddle rails broke but I will admit I’m a little worried about all the negative reviews these get for longevity.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle h View Post
Going to sideline this thread a little. The Pro Stealth is a good 95% saddle for me but the padded Berk Dila is like a match made in heaven. The nose feels slightly wider but otherwise very similar. I bought one used from Clean and Berk warrantied it when the saddle rails broke but I will admit I’m a little worried about all the negative reviews these get for longevity.
I have a couple of Dila's. The leather covering has come unglued and it looks as if it might not be easy to repair. This issue started last year and I did some glue repair and then while on the trainer a large portion of the covering came unglued and it may be impossible to reglue. The Dila is a nice saddle, but I am moving on and looking for something new.

The Stealth Pro, the Specialized Power, or the Fizik Tempo Argo sound like good options. I would prefer a saddle that has a more narrow nose than the Dila which is about 57-58mm.
Old 02-01-2022, 07:47 AM

Anyone tried the new Stealth Team saddle?

Any improvements over the old one? Love the Stealth Evo outside, but find it a bit hard on longer roller rides.

Old 02-01-2022, 08:17 AM

There's a curved version now too, just to add more confusion.
Old 02-01-2022, 07:38 PM

Nose width

I wonder if any of you riding the Shimano could give me a measurement 4 inches back from the nose. I’m looking for 2 inches back from the nose. Thanks a lot.
Old 02-02-2022, 08:44 AM

Rode it. It's OK, but SMP Lite 209 is better....the best, actually.
Old 02-02-2022, 09:51 AM

Thanks Jeff, that’s good to hear.
Old 02-02-2022, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff N. View Post
Rode it. It's OK, but SMP Lite 209 is better....the best, actually.
The best to you. Giving open ended superlatives in saddle threads is kinda pointless. Because it sure as hell isn't better to me.

Last edited by jkbrwn; 02-02-2022 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-02-2022, 01:41 PM

I just tried a Pro Stealth and it did not work out.
Just very really hard and really stiff so I sent it back.
Still have not found anything better than my custom MELD saddles.