Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-19-2015, 01:45 PM
not banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron O View Post
It's not a witch hunt if the guy has a proven history of being a dirt ball.
Holding the '07 thing out there as "history" is about as legit as holding Lewinsky against Clinton. It's one step shy of asking for his birth certificate. A ton of NFL coaches said "if you aren't doing that, then you're not trying" - the kid was, literally, 3 feet from line marker when he recorded it.

Now, as for coaching itself - gets Blount back from on waivers (this means the steelers just let him go), dude scores 4 TDs in a playoff game. Routinely has league minimum receivers with thousand yard reception years. Has a winning record on EVERY team in the NFL save for the NY Giants (which only show that he is human). Met a wrestler at the gym, brought him onto the offensive line - guy played for 3 years.

The man is on a different planet. It's a witch hunt. Look at Baltimore - cried like babies - over a totally legit way to play the game. Hurry up offense - everyone used to cry over it, now everyone does it.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:45 PM
Classics Fan

Quote:
It's not a witch hunt if the guy has a proven history of being a dirt ball.
Behind every great fortune, there is a great crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutgallery View Post
I think its all BS, bit harder to accomplish than it sounds. I think they're giving the hoodie too much credit
It's a bummer the season will be over in 2 weeks. Can't wait for fantasy "prolate spheroid" ball next year
Old 01-19-2015, 01:51 PM

http://www.wcvb.com/news/vince-wilfo...annel+5+boston

vince's balls were not deflated
Old 01-19-2015, 01:53 PM
not banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post

vince's balls were not deflated
I love the guy, but if you checked Gronk's balls after a weekend in Vegas. They'd be deflated.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velomonkey View Post
Holding the '07 thing out there as "history" is about as legit as holding Lewinsky against Clinton. It's one step shy of asking for his birth certificate. A ton of NFL coaches said "if you aren't doing that, then you're not trying" - the kid was, literally, 3 feet from line marker when he recorded it.

Now, as for coaching itself - gets Blount back from on waivers (this means the steelers just let him go), dude scores 4 TDs in a playoff game. Routinely has league minimum receivers with thousand yard reception years. Has a winning record on EVERY team in the NFL save for the NY Giants (which only show that he is human). Met a wrestler at the gym, brought him onto the offensive line - guy played for 3 years.

The man is on a different planet. It's a witch hunt. Look at Baltimore - cried like babies - over a totally legit way to play the game. Hurry up offense - everyone used to cry over it, now everyone does it.
I didn't say this has legs - I'll wait to see how it shakes out. What I did say is that he's a proven, caught, cheating dirt ball...and it's not remotely the same as monica-gate because that was sex. This is him cheating in his role as a head coach. It's more similar to something like Iran-contra - where the leader breaks the laws of the organization.

As far as the rationalizations - I'm sure Boston fans are quite practiced in this argument after defending your dirt ball for 8 years.

Last edited by Aaron O; 01-19-2015 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTuck View Post
Behind every great fortune, there is a great crime.

It's a bummer the season will be over in 2 weeks. Can't wait for fantasy "prolate spheroid" ball next year
I won't argue this point
Old 01-19-2015, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
...What I did say is that he's a proven, caught, cheating dirt ball...
It would be helpful if you understand the facts of the case, which were outlined in a Bleacher Report article this week:

Remember what Spygate was in the first place. The NFL asked all teams to stop videotaping coaching signals during games. That's the key: Almost every team in the NFL was doing it. The league sent out a memo. Belichick ignored it. That is why the league blasted Belichick. He basically told them he didn't care what they said.

Belichick gained nothing from the taping. Not a thing.

So why did he do it?

Because he's a control freak. All of the good coaches are. They look for any advantage possible.

You can read the whole article here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...tapes-or-tucks.

Belichick can be a real jerk, and he seems to enjoy pissing people off, but calling him a cheating dirt ball shows you don't understand what actually happened. He was punished for ignoring the commissioner. Two guys who have consistently demonstrated that they have huge egos going at each other. That is a long way from cheating that helped the Patriots win.

Do a quick web search on the subject and see what other coaches say. The consensus is that everyone tried a version of what the Patriots did, and most people didn't think it did much good.

I know you really don't want to dig too deep into this and figure out what actually did happen, its much more fun to hate the guy and discount why the Patriots have been the best team in football since 2001. But the facts are pretty easy to find if you look just a little.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:24 PM
Classics Fan

He's past spygate, and on to Cincinnati.

No, seriously, he's prepping for Cincinnati.

Belichick is a competitor, and maybe he crossed the line, or maybe he went right up to it.

Pete Carrol (a former patriots coach) had some issues at USC. Sean Peyton was actually suspended for an entire season for stuff that happened in his organization. I'm sure there are others.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:26 PM

Is there a compelling reason why the refs don't show up with the game balls?
Old 01-19-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford View Post
The Patriots have been the best team in football since 2001
They've essentially been the Buffalo Bills since 2005, especially if they lose this one.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford View Post
It would be helpful if you understand the facts of the case, which were outlined in a Bleacher Report article this week:

Remember what Spygate was in the first place. The NFL asked all teams to stop videotaping coaching signals during games. That's the key: Almost every team in the NFL was doing it. The league sent out a memo. Belichick ignored it. That is why the league blasted Belichick. He basically told them he didn't care what they said.

Belichick gained nothing from the taping. Not a thing.

So why did he do it?

Because he's a control freak. All of the good coaches are. They look for any advantage possible.

You can read the whole article here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...tapes-or-tucks.

Belichick can be a real jerk, and he seems to enjoy pissing people off, but calling him a cheating dirt ball shows you don't understand what actually happened. He was punished for ignoring the commissioner. Two guys who have consistently demonstrated that they have huge egos going at each other. That is a long way from cheating that helped the Patriots win.

Do a quick web search on the subject and see what other coaches say. The consensus is that everyone tried a version of what the Patriots did, and most people didn't think it did much good.

I know you really don't want to dig too deep into this and figure out what actually did happen, its much more fun to hate the guy and discount why the Patriots have been the best team in football since 2001. But the facts are pretty easy to find if you look just a little.
Do you really want to do a battle of links? I can post 20 of former players and coaches calling him a dirt ball.

And no - not every team did that, they didn't use cameras and record it for one. I know what cowher said...I also know that Hines ward said otherwise, as have several other players.

FYI - the steelers and giants would disagree that the pats were the best team post 2005.

I will admit to being sour grapes after the 2004 bowl.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTuck View Post
He's past spygate, and on to Cincinnati.

No, seriously, he's prepping for Cincinnati.

Belichick is a competitor, and maybe he crossed the line, or maybe he went right up to it.

Pete Carrol (a former patriots coach) had some issues at USC. Sean Peyton was actually suspended for an entire season for stuff that happened in his organization. I'm sure there are others.
Our coach is a dirt ball for that matter.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:00 PM
not banished

Quote:
Do you really want to do a battle of links? I can post 20 of former players and coaches calling him a dirt ball.
I'm trying to be a bit fair here, 20 former players is gonna be a hard task.

The vast majority of players have said "the guy is a hard ass, but the guy gets the absolute best out of you." - Wes Welker being the best most recent example. How many players have had issues and almost lost their career and then had a phoenix rising to only go on to play for the pats and other teams at their former glory. Taleb, Moss, Revis - the list goes on.

The guy is the Steve Jobs of NFL coaching. The steelers had Blount - he did 2 TDs in, what, 12 games. His first game back on the pats he gets almost 2 TDs and then 4 TDs in the conference championship game. The steelers can't get into the playoffs cause they - wait for it - don't have another RB. You could not ask for a better example of how one coach can operate versus another coach. I like the steelers, but, sorry, they lost that one and that was a wicked bad decision. Sure I know that players get different output on different teams - they lost their spot cause they didn't have a 2nd RB - it's pathetic.

Deflated balls is just grasping at straws. Steve Jobs was't personable, wasn't nice, wasn't friendly - but the dude got results. Same here.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:44 PM

Sore loser. You lost, get over it, douche. Imo, the better jersey won.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:48 PM

haterz gotta hate