Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-04-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
At Texas cycle sport, the difference is about $350.

For me, the price is not the issue, it's the 48-32 crank and 11-34 cassette that I want. You can't get that with record.

I'll have a little more top gear than my 12-32 with 50-34 and more low gear for the really steep climbs.
OK, you're obviously an off-road kinda guy...or gravel, whatever it's called. I'm strictly pavement and would likely never have a use for the kinda low gears you're talking about. BTW, check out eurobikeparts.com...$1285 (with discount code) for the whole Chorus group. Good luck!

Last edited by Jeff N.; 07-04-2019 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff N. View Post
OK, you're obviously an off-road kinda guy...or gravel, whatever it's called. I'm strictly pavement and would likely never have a use for the kinda low gears you're talking about. BTW, check out eurobikeparts.com...$1285 (with discount code) for the whole Chorus group. Good luck!
My group cost $1058. I ride pavement only, but in addition to the Colorado mountains, I ride around the local lakes with roads that have far steeper grades. The winding road up to pinewood reservoir makes me want a little lower gear. I want to try a little higher cadence approach to my steep climbs, since I have two replacement knees.
Old 07-04-2019, 11:26 AM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignon's barber View Post
I'm on the Campagnolo mailing list, and a couple weeks ago they sent an intro for the Chorus 12. Apparently, they are now positioning Chorus as their "gravel" groupset, with less carbon/lightweight materials for durability and a much wider gear range.
That is kind of silly. That said I really dont mind not having carbon levers. I have potenza hydro and its fantastic.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:26 PM

speaking of good deals..Merlin has the Record 12 groups on sale again this weekend.
with the discount at checkout price is the same as the eurobikeparts Chorus group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff N. View Post
Old 07-04-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
My group cost $1058. I ride pavement only, but in addition to the Colorado mountains, I ride around the local lakes with roads that have far steeper grades. The winding road up to pinewood reservoir makes me want a little lower gear. I want to try a little higher cadence approach to my steep climbs, since I have two replacement knees.
Whoa! Heckuva deal!
Old 07-04-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw3759 View Post
speaking of good deals..Merlin has the Record 12 groups on sale again this weekend.
with the discount at checkout price is the same as the eurobikeparts Chorus group.
Awesome!
Old 07-04-2019, 01:50 PM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
At Texas cycle sport, the difference is about $350.

For me, the price is not the issue, it's the 48-32 crank and 11-34 cassette that I want. You can't get that with record.

I'll have a little more top gear than my 12-32 with 50-34 and more low gear for the really steep climbs.
Get all Record plus Chorus crank, rear der and cogset...