Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-02-2020, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdntrxi View Post
the article "suggests" in the future it might be possible, but as of today the Mirror saddle is not custom. The fiziks versions are not custom either. I certainly see it coming, makes sense but yeah the price is a concern.
Okay so I understood the first time I read it not tonight.

Thx
Old 08-03-2020, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokofoko View Post
So you'll need to go into a shop to have your butt measured. That wouldn't be awkward at all!
I'm pretty sure that neither my saddle nor my LBS need or want to know that much about my butt.

However, if by chance my LBS wants that info, then they should pay ME $450.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:41 PM

This is completely nuts

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124341733254
Old 09-21-2020, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbnm View Post
Welcome to bikes in the time of covid
Old 10-28-2020, 06:09 PM

Has anyone ridden one of these power with mirror saddles? They are out of stock right now but I am looking for something more comfortable and reviews look good - always interested in real world feedback if anyone has some.
Old 10-28-2020, 06:15 PM

Yeah, I've got some miles on mine. It's a great saddle and I believe is worth the money.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oct24bike.jpg (151.7 KB, 231 views)
Old 10-28-2020, 06:25 PM

I made the jump and enjoy the 155. Thought about the cost is long gone.
First time I used it, actually put powder on it, as my butt stuck to the seat vs my older leather saddles.

I tried SMP, but the hammock feel wasn't for me.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:30 PM

Thanks to both of you re: experience with saddle. Only 155mm version available locally and fitting recommended 143mm version. Ordered a 143mm online and will report back.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:33 PM

If anyone is looking for one, check out the dealer list on the Spesh website and call around. Thanks how I got my 143.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:33 PM

I have been riding one on my gravel bike. For the road, I still prefer a Pro Stealth, which has a wider nose and is more comfy when in the drops. But on the slightly more upright position of the gravel bike, this saddle works well for me. It feels soft, but not squishy. imho, it is an improvement over the normal Power. Whether it is worth $450 is in the eye of the beholder, but personally, the taint is the last place on my bike where I would look to save money.
Old 11-05-2020, 07:56 PM

Quote:
If anyone is looking for one, check out the dealer list on the Spesh website and call around. Thanks how I got my 143.
Thanks for this, I had two online orders cancelled and refunded and then went to Specialized website and filtered down to ‘local’ dealers with saddle in stock. After multiple calls I tracked down a 143mm that will be shipped to me (most in stock leads were inaccurate as these seem to be selling fast).
Old 11-06-2020, 03:22 AM

What about a saddle that is pumped up like a tyre?
Old 11-23-2020, 06:19 PM

Received saddle and have ridden for approx 2 weeks. Set up is different as it is shorter and Specialized website doesn’t have any guidance on setting up/achieving fit when coming from a standard length saddle (I reached out directly to specialized and did not get useful information - pretty surprising considering the price of the saddle).

From what I can find on various forums, approx 3 cm needs to be added to saddle setback measurement from BB but slope of saddle is giving me conflicting information. Some level first part of saddle with wings tilted up, others set up rails parallel to floor. Any advice fro users here would be appreciated as I am not finding the saddle to be comfortable and am hoping it is a set up issue.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy340 View Post
Received saddle and have ridden for approx 2 weeks. Set up is different as it is shorter and Specialized website doesn’t have any guidance on setting up/achieving fit when coming from a standard length saddle (I reached out directly to specialized and did not get useful information - pretty surprising considering the price of the saddle).

From what I can find on various forums, approx 3 cm needs to be added to saddle setback measurement from BB but slope of saddle is giving me conflicting information. Some level first part of saddle with wings tilted up, others set up rails parallel to floor. Any advice fro users here would be appreciated as I am not finding the saddle to be comfortable and am hoping it is a set up issue.
Setback is between 2-3 cm shorter than regular saddle - don't know exact distance since saddles are all different lengths.

For tilt start with rails parallel to the floor with both wheels on, then adjust from there. One thing to note - the Power really is meant for an aggressive position, so you might feel like you're leaning a bit too far forward as with the parallel rails the back of the saddle is a bit higher than the middle. Also the shape is pretty flat, so that might or might not agree with your posterior - supposedly the Mirror should alleviate it a bit, as the previous Arcs did.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:03 PM

Rails parallel to the floor may be a little too nose down - but probably a good SWAG. The advice my fitter (who is a BG fit instructor) gave me for setting up my standard Power is to set a clipboard on the saddle so it's across the front and rear of the saddle, place a level/angle finder (I use an app on my phone) on the clipboard and the saddle should be ~2.5-4.5* nose down. Just based on the side profile of the Mirror compared to regular Power, I'd say they probably end up being somewhere a little different - but hopefully that gets you close-ish.

Quote:
Just put it on. A bit more squishy than my Pro Stealth Superlight and 50 grams heavier.

S-Works Mirror 190g
Pro Stealth Superlight 140g

Hoping to ride tonight and definitely tomorrow.
I didn't realize the Pro Stealth Superlight was a thing. Now I need to try the 142mm Stealth I have sitting on the shelf to see if the shape fits and if I need to order one!