Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-30-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanyswe View Post
But do u know that this apply to ebay sales as well (tho i gather one can think its to much regardless)?
Yes it applies to eBay sales. You are on the hook for Paypal fees one way, if you issue a refund. eBay still refunds their side of the fees as they should. The Paypal fees are gone forever.
Old 08-30-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
I've been using Paypal for years with zero issues. What am I doing wrong?
It really depends how you use paypal and how you define an "issue." If you're a high volume seller who accepts payments the legitimate way from ppl you don't know (i.e. accepting payments goods and services), this will bite you one day. Paypal would claim it's a non-issue since it's in accordance with their (relatively recently changed) policies. A lot of Paceline users would also agree since Paypal "should get paid" for moving around money. These are the same users who skirt Paypal fees by paying and asking for payments friends and family.

Last edited by Pegoready; 08-30-2020 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-30-2020, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegoready View Post
Yes it applies to eBay sales. You are on the hook for Paypal fees one way, if you issue a refund. eBay still refunds their side of the fees as they should. The Paypal fees are gone forever.
Do you know this for a fact? Did u read about it somewhere or did u have it happen to you? Or just assuming because ebay involves paypal and that is paypals policy?
Old 09-15-2020, 11:16 PM

Appears i only needed to make up the $0.30 fee as opposed to the entire thing?

Bumping this, as I would like some clarifications

Someone paid $50 for a purchase. Fees on this is $0.30 + $1.45 (2.9% of $50), for $1.75 total. I received $48.25.

Buyer backs out and I issued a refund. Paypal draws $48.55 from my bank account and returns the 2.9% fee.

Did I luck out, or did its policies change? This happened last week, btw

Furthermore, I "played around" with some of the previous transactions I've made (e.g. one for $475). Were I to make the full refund, I would be responsible for the portion I pocketed ($460.92) and $0.30, while Paypal refunds $13.78. Am I missing something?

Last edited by echappist; 09-15-2020 at 11:43 PM.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:27 AM

I dunno. I just did a full refund and ended up only $0.30 out of pocket too.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:03 AM

I had my own PayPal pain in the a$$ a couple of months ago. Short story, I ordered a weight bench online, it never came. The seller had a delivery confirmation notice to an unspecified address in Portland, but nothing that showed my address. That was enough for PayPal who ruled that it must have been delivered to me.

It took several weeks and a lot of effort on my part, but i eventually got some great assistance from the local Postmaster, who had a photo that showed a small envelope (clearly not a with my shipping confirmation number but a different street address. I eventually got my money back but it seemed like it should have been standard for PayPal to ask the seller for proof that it was shipped to my address, not just my city.

The most frustrating part was going back and forth with them. I could only use their online chat feature, which usually had an hour or so between responses, it was always a different person between replies, and they were clearly just reading off a script.

Not trying to threadjack, but I'll be avoiding them unless absolutely necessary.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinvc View Post
I had my own PayPal pain in the a$$ a couple of months ago. Short story, I ordered a weight bench online, it never came. The seller had a delivery confirmation notice to an unspecified address in Portland, but nothing that showed my address. That was enough for PayPal who ruled that it must have been delivered to me.

It took several weeks and a lot of effort on my part, but i eventually got some great assistance from the local Postmaster, who had a photo that showed a small envelope (clearly not a with my shipping confirmation number but a different street address. I eventually got my money back but it seemed like it should have been standard for PayPal to ask the seller for proof that it was shipped to my address, not just my city.

The most frustrating part was going back and forth with them. I could only use their online chat feature, which usually had an hour or so between responses, it was always a different person between replies, and they were clearly just reading off a script.

Not trying to threadjack, but I'll be avoiding them unless absolutely necessary.
Here i can only call them and when i do its always a busy line lol. Not even a chat function.. Its weird i let them keep my money in their account considering i cant even contact them about questions i have. Im sure there is another way but i dont have a week to spend to try to get in contact ..
Old 09-22-2020, 09:36 AM

Well, add another to the list of grievances.

Long time ago, one could just leave money on the paypal account, without needing to have that money either go immediately to an actual bank account or a paypal bank account. Those are the only two options available now.

I received payment for something I sold and wanted to have the money in the paypal account, so I could pay for shipping, but given that it appeared as if those were the only two options available, I moved the money to my bank account.

When I actually tried to print a shipping label, for whatever reason, Paypal does not allow me to pay via credit card or my normal bank accounts. Instead, it wants me to pay via balance (which I have none). Just completely messed up. Tried logging out and logging back in, but still won't work (payment method defaulted to paypal account balance, and I can't change it).

Finally, I asked my wife to send me $25, so I can at least cover the shipping. That seemed to have worked. But this morning, I find out that Paypal has issued a checkings account and debit card in my name, all the while I didn't agree to it. Complete BS. I never wanted any of this, and it's very likely that its own system messed up. I doubt they could actually open an account, as I have frozen my Chex system. Now they tell me I have a Paid with "PayPal Business Debit Mastercard x-[abcd]". Completely bananas.

Last but not least, my wife never linked her checking accounts to Paypal, so she paid me as G&S. So much

Someone oughtta undercut them, charge 1.5% transaction on G&S, and maybe Paypal will get its acts together.