Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-22-2020, 09:20 AM

* where do you live: NYC

* explanation of your handle: We grew up in the Lower East Side of NYC and "primo" was a nickname that a childhood friend gave in elementary school because I wore Bally shoes/sneakers (only because my Aunt was a regional mgr for Bally). "V8" because all the cars and suvs I've owned for the last 14 years have been V8 equipped.

* explanation of your avatar: Our bikes racked on top of my QX80 and on the hitch.

* age (general or specific): 44

* favorite bike:Hopefully the Lynskey

* what's in your stable: Lynskey Helix Disc Road, SBC 7005 Undefeated, SBC 6061 Black Label All-Road, GT Laguna Pro (wife), Motobeccane Elite Sport (13yr. old son), Scott Speedster JR24 (11yr. old daughter), Cube Acid 240 (9yr. old son) and a 18" Schwinn girls bike (6yr. old daughter)

* fastest speed on a road bike: It was definitely on my previous Ridley Noah, close to 50 mph on a descent.

* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year: about 6500

* and, something fun: While out on a Sunday morning ride, our 11yr. old daughter gave her mom the "look" when passing her, dropped gears and sped away.

* How did you find the paceline Forum?* Nick, aka Bianchi10 told me about this forum.

Last edited by primov8; 12-30-2020 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:40 PM

* Where do you live For the past 3 years, Ho Chi Minh City. Since the pandemic started: in the Bay Area, California USA
* Age (general or specific) approaching mid 30s
* Occupation Technically a business person but my education and most of my career has been as an industrial designer. I'm still designing my own bags for my company from garage-made prototype to production (postcarry.co)
* Favorite bike Look 595
* What's in your stable? BMC Roadmachine
* Fastest speed on a road bike? Where? When? 52mph on the downhill after the corkscrew at Laguna Seca raceway during my racing days, early 2010s
* How many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 7000km last year, on pace to do 10000+ km this year
* and, something fun. aside from bikes and my creative side projects, I enjoy reading about philosophy. this year I got hooked practicing stoicism and realizing its practical uses in the current pandemic<<not the typical response to a question about "fun" but it's very fun to me
* How did you find the paceline Forum?* Checking the analytics of my website and seeing that a few link referrals came from this forum

Last edited by mmendoza87; 12-26-2020 at 12:26 AM.
Old 10-04-2020, 02:10 PM

real name tommy
Where do you live I'm an Indonesia who is currently living in Rotterdam, Netherlands
Age 29 this year
occupation a project manager in startup company
favourite bike Cannondale track 1992
whats in your stable colnago dream mapei, Concorde aquila and brompton black edition
Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? around 60km/h, downhill from rindu alam segment in Indonesia on mid 2018
how many miles on THE ROAD on roadbike last year less than 300km, I got married and move to new country last year, I can't find a perfect timing to ride my bike
picture of yourself

how did you find the paceline forum from the advertising of a very beautiful pegoretti bike (that I missed)
Old 10-05-2020, 07:12 AM

Welcome welcome welcome.

[mention]mmendoza87 [/mention] — what’s riding in Ho Chi Minh City like?
Old 10-05-2020, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len J View Post
Annual tradition on some other boards....this has never been done on this board. Let's finad out about each other.

recommended format-

* real name, if you like Len
* where do you live? Eastern Shore of Maryland....Flat & Windy
* explanation of your handle D'uh
* explanation of your avatar The seat tube cluster on my Legend
* age (general or specific) 49 1/2 50's coming but I feel 25
* occupation Operating Partner for Private Equity firm
* favorite bike Serotta Ottrott
* what's in your stable? Ottrott, Legend, Lemond Buenos Aires, and Gunnar Street Dog Fixie. (Oh Yeah and a Sach's on order 50th birthday present to myself)
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 56, western Tennessee 1988 too fast for me
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 4,500 I can only ride on weekends....I travel 5 days/week
* picture of yourself or your ride? Don't really have one...I'll see what i can scan
* make up and answer at least one additional question. The most unusual things that I get from riding are creative ideas for short stories. About halfway thru a 3 to 4 hour ride, I don't know If I get delireous, but I start conceiving complex plots for short stories. Some of my best ideas have come thsi way....talk about the miles going by fast.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told I'm really a 72 year old retired librarian from Wook, Iowa who has not been outside in 12 years (oh sorry, that was the lie...or was it?)
* and, something fun. Biking from Fairbanks to Anchorage with my oldest daughter....what a blast.
* How did you find the paceline Forum?*

Len

real name, Joe
* where do you live?: Southern Utah.. HOT
* explanation of your handle: name
* age (general or specific) 28
* occupation Graphic Designer at Drobox
* favorite bike All City Gorilla Monsoon
* what's in your stable? Gorilla Monsoon, Jamis Aurora, Rocky Mountain Growler 40
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 60mph, Going to the sun road, 2016, July
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? +1000
* make up and answer: lived in the Bay as a career experiment. Now I'm moving around the country climbing and cycling till I settle down and start a Climbing gym.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: Honestly no idea.
* and, something fun. Rode from main to Seattle twice.
* How did you find the paceline Forum? A good friend of my in Minneapolis turned me on to it.
Old 10-06-2020, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandtiangco View Post
Welcome welcome welcome.

[mention]mmendoza87 [/mention] — what’s riding in Ho Chi Minh City like?
In the actual city--not too bad, you are moving at the same speed as all the other motorbikes and it's not dangerous despite how chaotic it might look. In the countryside-- I love it. Such a different experience to what I'm used to (aesthetic, culinary, culturally) and having to be mostly self-sufficient in remote places with a road bike feels nice!
Old 10-08-2020, 05:53 PM

An Introduction...

* real name, if you like: Al
* where do you live? Baltimore, MD
* explanation of your handle: Nickname given to me by a childhood basketball teammate
* explanation of your avatar: Don't have one yet, but it will be a BMW e30
* age (general or specific): 42
* favorite bike: Masi Caffe Racer Doppio
* what's in your stable? Masi Caffe Racer Doppio, Litespeed Tuscany, Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL3
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Never measured
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? I just got into cycling this summer because my son learned how to ride a bike, but I'd estimate 400 miles.
* picture of yourself or your ride? I'll upload one of my Tarmac disassembled. The rear derailluer snapped on a ride and I've been teaching myself how to work on bikes. I don't have any of my Masi and my Litespeed has been in the shop the entire time I've owned it. I also thought I would get into mountain biking, but it just wasn't for me. I did pickup a nice Specialized S-Works Epic FSR Disc for the experiment, and it sold the same day I listed it.
* How did you find the paceline Forum?* Internet search
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200927_131803 (1).jpg (142.3 KB, 519 views)
File Type: jpg 20200929_124442 (1).jpg (153.4 KB, 524 views)
File Type: jpg 20201003_183348.jpg (115.8 KB, 522 views)
Old 11-02-2020, 06:18 PM

Hi guys, I joined the Paceline Forum a year ago, but never formally introduced myself. My bad!

* where do you live? Near Vancouver, British Columbia
* explanation of your handle: long story, but has something to do with my last name…
* age (general or specific): early 40s
* favorite bike: currently it is Serotta Fierte ST, but things do change
* what's in your stable? steel Serotta Fierte, titanium Lynskey ProCross, Brodie Rodie Ti
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: that I won’t regret selling my Serotta Legend Ti…
* How did you find the paceline Forum? Online inquiry in 2019 led to this wonderful forum!

Last edited by bil; 11-02-2020 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-02-2020, 06:25 PM

...and here are the rides
Attached Images
File Type: jpg serotta.jpg (95.3 KB, 463 views)
File Type: jpg lynsk.jpg (107.3 KB, 458 views)
Old 11-02-2020, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Welcome all!

W.
Old 11-11-2020, 10:11 AM

* real name, if you like: CW
* explanation of your handle: I like climbing and my middle name is walters
* age (general or specific) 28, going on 29
* favorite bike: Specialized Diverge
* what's in your stable? Specialized Diverge, All-City Super Pro (set up single speed with 38s, thinking about turning it into a drop bar and slapping a whisky fork on it)
* fastest speed on a road bike? 52. I realized in that moment how much more I liked climbing than balls out descending.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? Bout 8000. This year about 2000. Next year hopefully closer to 8000.
* make up and answer at least one additional question. What do you we want? LOW FLYING AIRPLANE NOISES! When do we want them? NEEEooWWWwwwooowwwwwwwwwwwwww!
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told - That the funny pictures I was looking at on the internet when I was thirteen that crashed the computer due to malware was actually my brother's fault.
* and, something fun. The Peekamoose Climb in Upstate NY is tough and fun. Gotta be full on zen to do it single speed. Single speed climbing is my jam.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:34 AM

real name, Corey
* where do you live? Brooklyn New York
* explanation of your handle It's my name
* explanation of your avatar I don't have one yet
* age? 32
* occupation? waiter
* favorite bike? that's tough
* what's in your stable? 94 De Rosa Primato
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Not sure, but I road down Bear Mountain this summer
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? My bikes my main mode of transportation.
* make up and answer at least one additional question.
When will I finish building my next bike? By summer
* and, something fun.
Teaching my sister to bunny hop
Old 12-07-2020, 06:51 PM

* real name, if you like Doug
* where do you live? Philly
* explanation of your handle occupation + area code
* explanation of your avatar N/A
* age (general or specific) 40's
* occupation PM for CM
* favorite bike Bianchi Giro
* what's in your stable? Bianchi Giro, Wabi Classic SS, 1980ish Motobecane Team Champion
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 49, Ridge Avenue a few years ago
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 3600ish
* picture of yourself or your ride? attached
* How did you find the paceline Forum? BikeForums
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200903_193052.jpg (125.3 KB, 338 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200603_195345.jpg (119.1 KB, 340 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3642.jpg (146.7 KB, 339 views)
Old 12-10-2020, 07:47 AM

* where do you live? New York’s capital region
* favorite bike: Whatever I’m riding.
* what's in your stable? My three favorites are Serotta Fierte Ti (road - my newest addition), Ibis Mojo 3 (trail), Specialized Crux (mixed surfaces)
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 41.8mph October 2020 on Round Barn Road, Amsterdam NY
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? About 1,300
* picture of yourself or your ride? My new beauty!
* make up and answer at least one additional question: What is your dream bike? No. 22 Drifter
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: I haven’t been riding much lately.
* and, something fun: Rides where you alternate between road, single-track, and bike paths are a blast. If you can work in stashing a kayak and paddling back to the car, then you’ve got over-the-top amazing.
* How did you find the paceline Forum? I’ve ridden Dirtphault a number of times so I’ve heard about the Forum. After purchasing my Serotta and looking on-line for information about my bike, I found the Forum on-line.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 170992906.VeEdvH77.P8280861MLR2020.jpg (152.1 KB, 313 views)
Old 12-11-2020, 12:46 PM

first post - Me

* real name, if you like - Jake
* where do you live? Berkeley CA
* explanation of your handle - NA
* explanation of your avatar - NA
* age (general or specific) - 40 and old
* occupation - Design Strategist
* favorite bike - Highball
* what's in your stable? Street Dog, Donkelope, highball, PArlee Altum, Gunnar Roadie, Breakaway
* fastest speed on a road bike? Hit 38mph yesterday, down Marin
* how many miles ~4500, this year less.
* picture of yourself or your ride? Sun rising, nobody out, quiet trails
* make up and answer at least one additional question. - I get a lot of deep thinking done on bike before work.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told - I need to lose weight. Over and over again.
* and, something fun. Biked from KS to UT