Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Custom Bikes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-22-2021, 08:27 AM
madsciencenow's Avatar
madsciencenow madsciencenow is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: N. Chicago area.
Posts: 2,762
Pursuant to your comment above about smooth v rough roads, how would this bike/build do on rough roads with 28s (I recognize tire pressure and other factors are at play).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Cinelli XCR, Kirk JKS, and Alliance All-road.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-22-2021, 07:16 PM
lavi's Avatar
lavi lavi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: pdx
Posts: 1,628
Stone cold killer this bike. I really dig the decreasing sized polka dots. Tre Cool (I know it's French and not Italian )!

Are the new Pegs limited to 25s or can you get a 28 in there? I know the Falz may also be a limiting option. I had a Falz on a Love #3. From what I recall, 25 was max both front and rear. Nothing wrong with 25 max...I just like a bit fatter rubber these days.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-22-2021, 09:32 PM
parallelfish parallelfish is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood, California
Posts: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsciencenow View Post
Pursuant to your comment above about smooth v rough roads, how would this bike/build do on rough roads with 28s (I recognize tire pressure and other factors are at play).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I run 28s at 60/65psi on Zonda wheels on my Marcelo. While they are an improvement, comfort wise, over 25s, this is still a very stiff frame. So not a comfort bike, but ride it hard and it feels really good. Get up to speed and a bit of transformation occurs and it does not feel at all harsh but just feels right.

For all day comfort I turn to a Look 585. Really impressed with the performance and comfort of this frame.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-23-2021, 07:47 AM
madsciencenow's Avatar
madsciencenow madsciencenow is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: N. Chicago area.
Posts: 2,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by parallelfish View Post
I run 28s at 60/65psi on Zonda wheels on my Marcelo. While they are an improvement, comfort wise, over 25s, this is still a very stiff frame. So not a comfort bike, but ride it hard and it feels really good. Get up to speed and a bit of transformation occurs and it does not feel at all harsh but just feels right.

For all day comfort I turn to a Look 585. Really impressed with the performance and comfort of this frame.

Your description of your Marcelo reminds me of my Cinelli XCR. So much fun to ride moderate to hard on!! Thanks for the feedback.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Cinelli XCR, Kirk JKS, and Alliance All-road.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-24-2021, 06:06 AM
NoMoreParagon's Avatar
NoMoreParagon NoMoreParagon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavi View Post
Stone cold killer this bike. I really dig the decreasing sized polka dots. Tre Cool (I know it's French and not Italian )!

Are the new Pegs limited to 25s or can you get a 28 in there? I know the Falz may also be a limiting option. I had a Falz on a Love #3. From what I recall, 25 was max both front and rear. Nothing wrong with 25 max...I just like a bit fatter rubber these days.

I use 28mm now with plenty of space. And those with the wide WTO rims.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-24-2021, 10:24 PM
lavi's Avatar
lavi lavi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: pdx
Posts: 1,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreParagon View Post
I use 28mm now with plenty of space. And those with the wide WTO rims.
Cool.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-04-2021, 07:36 AM
Julien Julien is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreParagon View Post
What tail light is this? It’s very nicely integrated.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-04-2021, 11:03 AM
Bob Ross's Avatar
Bob Ross Bob Ross is offline
Registered (ab)User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,583
Oh hell yeah! That is one badass bike.

:noddingJackNicholson.gif:
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-04-2021, 11:40 AM
NoMoreParagon's Avatar
NoMoreParagon NoMoreParagon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
What tail light is this? It’s very nicely integrated.
I have changed the setup as that light was not bright enough for my taste.

I upgrade to the Brontrager Flare and i purchased this part for a great integration under the saddle
https://add3dparts.com/producto/sopo...ager-flare-rt/

Highly recommended. The Flare is a great light (controllable via the Garmin unit) and that 3d printed holder is really well designed.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-04-2021, 11:46 AM
R3awak3n's Avatar
R3awak3n R3awak3n is offline
aka RAEKWON
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NYC // Catskills, NY
Posts: 13,661
you should get a garmin varia, I think you would love it
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 05-04-2021, 03:00 PM
Julien Julien is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreParagon View Post
I have changed the setup as that light was not bright enough for my taste.

I upgrade to the Brontrager Flare and i purchased this part for a great integration under the saddle
https://add3dparts.com/producto/sopo...ager-flare-rt/

Highly recommended. The Flare is a great light (controllable via the Garmin unit) and that 3d printed holder is really well designed.
Cool. Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-05-2021, 08:17 AM
NoMoreParagon's Avatar
NoMoreParagon NoMoreParagon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
you should get a garmin varia, I think you would love it
seriously considering it...
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 05-05-2021, 08:33 AM
ltwtsculler91 ltwtsculler91 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Greenwich / North Jersey
Posts: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreParagon View Post
seriously considering it...
1- this is a killer build, I love to see a real racy Italian steel setup

2, if you like the Flare RT, you'll like the Garmin Varia even more. I used the Bontrager lights religiously the last few years and definitely noticed a difference in how cars treated me both around NYC and the roads in NJ when using it versus another light (or none). Switching the Varia over the last few months as I get back on the bike has been awesome. Just as bright and noticeable, but now you know from far back that a car is there too. I turn the beeps off and just use the visual indicator combined with my usual listening to what's around and I find it really helpful. Only downside is the Garmin light is way bigger and not as clean looking when mounted, but the radar is worth it.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 05-05-2021, 10:26 AM
NoMoreParagon's Avatar
NoMoreParagon NoMoreParagon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltwtsculler91 View Post
1- this is a killer build, I love to see a real racy Italian steel setup

2, if you like the Flare RT, you'll like the Garmin Varia even more. I used the Bontrager lights religiously the last few years and definitely noticed a difference in how cars treated me both around NYC and the roads in NJ when using it versus another light (or none). Switching the Varia over the last few months as I get back on the bike has been awesome. Just as bright and noticeable, but now you know from far back that a car is there too. I turn the beeps off and just use the visual indicator combined with my usual listening to what's around and I find it really helpful. Only downside is the Garmin light is way bigger and not as clean looking when mounted, but the radar is worth it.
that is some great feedback! thank you very much
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 05-05-2021, 01:05 PM
crownjewelwl's Avatar
crownjewelwl crownjewelwl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: live and direct from the 914
Posts: 2,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreParagon View Post
that is some great feedback! thank you very much
i think the varia will mar an otherwise spectacular looking bike...but perhaps you just take it off for pictures!!

i have a nearly new one sitting in a drawer cuz i couldn't stand the look of it

if you wanna try one out (without buying new) ping me...i also bot the seatpost clamp which is much better looking than the rubber straps
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.