Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-16-2021, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
Ben Simmons is tall, regular season Rondo.

Hawks might just put The Process in the garbage can.

Ice Trae forever.
The league has been on a 24 hour cocaine bender since the KD game last night.

You might feel like you have also been on a bender after that game, which, I will confess I turned off at halftime.
Old 06-16-2021, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Ben Simmons is tall, regular season Rondo.

Hawks might just put The Process in the garbage can.

Ice Trae forever.
Just took a glance at the Sixers game line. Awful. Embiid at 37, Seth Curry had 36 … and no one else had more than eight. Danilo Galinari (always shocked to see him still on a roster kind of this era’s Andre Miller) had more than twice as anyone else not named Curry or Embiid.

Last edited by XXtwindad; 06-16-2021 at 11:14 PM.
Old 06-16-2021, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
The league has been on a 24 hour cocaine bender since the KD game last night.

You might feel like you have also been on a bender after that game, which, I will confess I turned off at halftime.
I didn't think Monday night would have a re-run, yet here we are.

All-time choke job by the Sixers. Yes, Embiid is hurt, but they're top to bottom the deeper team. This series should be over.
Old 06-17-2021, 04:19 AM
Registered (ab)User

Quote:
Not sure which is worse: I turned the game on around the start of the 4th quarter. Announcers were talking about Atlanta "starting to make a run" because they were only down 18 instead of 24. I laughed and settled down to watch what should have been an easy win by Philly

Sixers deserve to lose the series on principle: Sorry guys, you tanked so hard we're not even gonna let you play the next game(s).
Old 06-17-2021, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
Not sure which is worse: I turned the game on around the start of the 4th quarter. Announcers were talking about Atlanta "starting to make a run" because they were only down 18 instead of 24. I laughed and settled down to watch what should have been an easy win by Philly

Sixers deserve to lose the series on principle: Sorry guys, you tanked so hard we're not even gonna let you play the next game(s).
That was sad to watch. They milked the Curry - Embiid 2 man game for 2 quarters and when Hawks adjusted they were completely lost.
Old 06-18-2021, 09:53 AM
Vendor

I'm just hoping Brooklyn loses. I mean, 5 all-stars on the team. YET, no one screams about that. Only when GSW had 4. I want to see some great and different finals games. Which it would be without Brooklyn.
Old 06-19-2021, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Holy ****, Clippers, what the hell are you doing?

Tank into the 3 spot to make sure they get Luka Doncic in the first round. That's ok, this is a different Clips team, we've solved the bubble issues, chemistry. Except...

They then proceed to take nothing away from the guy who might be the best offensive creator on the planet. Seriously. What are they doing on defense? You have the guy who is supposedly the best defender of this generation, and we get promised that he's covering him in G2, except then Kawhi gives up a switch to Zubac with zero resistance and the other 4 guys don't even cover up the shooters?

What a farce. I'm not sure why I ever thought they were championship material. Kawhi can be your best player, but he's not a leader. Same with PG. Any team with a Morris twin inevitably turns into a bunch of fake tough guys.

No, I don't have any money on them.
As I was saying…
Old 06-19-2021, 10:41 AM

Quote:
As I was saying…

You know, I’m something of a Clippers fan myself..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2021, 11:54 AM

Full credit to the Clips they came back strong. Unlike the Hawks who had every opportunity to win that horrid game and failed.

I don't see how the Clippers get by the Suns though.
Old 06-20-2021, 10:04 PM

So where is Simmons getting traded to? CJ McCollum enough to get him, or you need to send a pick also?

Congrats to the Hawks and all their fans! ECF in Trae's third year!
Old 06-20-2021, 10:16 PM

CJ and Cov goes back to Philly, maybe?
Old 06-20-2021, 10:20 PM

Quote:
So where is Simmons getting traded to? CJ McCollum enough to get him, or you need to send a pick also?

Congrats to the Hawks and all their fans! ECF in Trae's third year!
Who wants a guy who just proved you can't play him at crunch time in a playoff game?

Whoever he's playing for next year, he's gonna have to put in a ton of work after the season.

Me and all 5 Hawks fans are having fun tonight.
Old 06-20-2021, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Who wants a guy who just proved you can't play him at crunch time in a playoff game?

Whoever he's playing for next year, he's gonna have to put in a ton of work after the season.

Me and all 5 Hawks fans are having fun tonight.
He's a serious floor raiser for a team looking to move from perennial lottery to 7seed. And I also think he's worth it as the third guy on a legit contender so long as you have a different lead ball handler who can get his own shot. A better Nuggets-version Aaron Gordon if you will. Play stellar defense across all positions, move the ball in PNR either as the lead or the screener on short roll, rebound.

Maybe that's not the Blazers though. Not unless they somehow keep CJ.
Old 06-20-2021, 11:41 PM

Quote:
He's a serious floor raiser for a team looking to move from perennial lottery to 7seed. And I also think he's worth it as the third guy on a legit contender so long as you have a different lead ball handler who can get his own shot. A better Nuggets-version Aaron Gordon if you will. Play stellar defense across all positions, move the ball in PNR either as the lead or the screener on short roll, rebound.

Maybe that's not the Blazers though. Not unless they somehow keep CJ.
The guy passed up an open dunk in a close game. You can't pass him the ball for fear he'll get hacked and have to shoot 30% from the line.

He's an incredible defender, absurd court vision, great ballhandler. He doesn't need to be a great shooter, or even an average one, but he has to be aggressive. He didn't drive to the paint, he gave up on it all because of the free throw yips.
Old 06-20-2021, 11:51 PM

With a minimum of 70 attempts, Ben Simmons' 34.2% free throw percentage this postseason is the worst in a postseason in NBA history.

That is one huge mental block. What a complex, fascinating player. Unless your a Philly fan. And then more colorful adjectives will probably suffice.