Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-13-2021, 10:42 AM
what's a little rust?

Brady is a good QB for a good system.

He has created a heck of a career and story for himself, so it's interesting to see what he does now. I see his presence as a test of the quality of the Bucs organization.
Old 01-17-2021, 10:04 PM

I laughed when he tried to high-five the ref.

https://twitter.com/sportingnews/sta...95793159794691
Old 01-18-2021, 04:42 AM

Interesting story and video long after game over. like others I can't say I was ever a TB fan but after this season with the Bucs I have changed my mind. Particularly after reading article and watching video:

https://sports.yahoo.com/long-after-...041817146.html
Old 01-18-2021, 05:13 AM

As a lifelong Eagles fan, Brady was always the enemy. That's how it was. But living near Tampa, I've really come to like him. He really is like an old throwback player. Professional, driven, successful. organized. He is a great role model, like back in the days of Unitas, Starr and Staubach.
Old 01-18-2021, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab2000 View Post
He's the goat, no doubt about it.
I puke a little each time I see this. No QB in the league has ever been so protected as the cry baby Tom Brady. Yeah, I'm a hater. It's been proven time and time again that when the refs actually let defenses touch Tom Brady he falls apart and shows his true colors. He's not even the pimple on a true tough QB's butt. Does anyone really think he could have stood up under the hits like Bradshaw took and won any big games. The GOAT, please!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2021, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignon's barber View Post
As a lifelong Eagles fan, Brady was always the enemy. That's how it was. But living near Tampa, I've really come to like him. He really is like an old throwback player. Professional, driven, successful. organized. He is a great role model, like back in the days of Unitas, Starr and Staubach.

LOL, really???!!! These guys knew what it was like to be hit. They never were protected by the refs and "QB's shall not be touched" rules of today. Brady isn't even in the same league. He's not even good enough to lick their cleats clean.
Old 01-18-2021, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdak View Post
LOL, really???!!! These guys knew what it was like to be hit. They never were protected by the refs and "QB's shall not be touched" rules of today. Brady isn't even in the same league. He's not even good enough to lick their cleats clean.
that is by far and away the most ignorant thing I have ever experienced on the forum for the last 15 years!!!!@
Old 01-18-2021, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alancw3 View Post
that is by far and away the most ignorant thing I have ever experienced on the forum for the last 15 years!!!!@
I wouldn't go that far..... Someone mentioned a sauna for Covid......

But Brady plays by the same rules as everyone else and still gets it done. The sample size is big enough at this point.

Do I love it? No. I'm a Packer fan. Is he the beneficiary of great teams and coaching and management all the way up the structure? Yes. He's also been at times fortunate in Super Bowls but having been to 9 and been on the winning side 6 times.... The sample size is big enough.

As for the rules and not being able to destroy QBs? I'm good with that. The game is better when the great QBs are playing, not when they're rehabbing.
Old 01-18-2021, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdak View Post

You need to watch some film, or go yell at the people to get off your lawn.
Old 01-18-2021, 08:46 AM

Quote:

Do I love it? No. I'm a Packer fan.

Looking forward to the game on Sunday. Maybe even a little snow.
Old 01-18-2021, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Looking forward to the game on Sunday. Maybe even a little snow.
That certainly won't drop Brady's chances, he loves Jan football.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Sorry, but facts are facts. You cannot say that today's QB's don't benefit from today's rules. And on top of that no one in the modern era has been protected as much as Brady. Anyone able to look at it critically and not emotionally will say the same thing.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:05 AM
what's a little rust?

Quote:
Such a dismissive attitude.

Anyone who has watched the game since the 80’s, not to mention further back, can speak to how much the QB position has changed. And yet there are those who claim “greatest of all time.” This means direct comparisons to eras with different rules.

Accept the challenge and join the debate.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:09 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't go that far..... Someone mentioned a sauna for Covid......

But Brady plays by the same rules as everyone else and still gets it done. The sample size is big enough at this point.

Do I love it? No. I'm a Packer fan. Is he the beneficiary of great teams and coaching and management all the way up the structure? Yes. He's also been at times fortunate in Super Bowls but having been to 9 and been on the winning side 6 times.... The sample size is big enough.

As for the rules and not being able to destroy QBs? I'm good with that. The game is better when the great QBs are playing, not when they're rehabbing.
Right! I gave it my best shot but I knew it would fall short.

I do believe Packers will light them up. TB owes it's win yesterday to Drew Brees, not Tom Brady. I say that honestly as a Brees fan. And TB barely managed the Redskins so.....

I'm also not against the rules changes but as a Steelers die hard fan I will say honestly that Ben has never been giving the same "rules" protection as Brady. Neither have a lot of other QB's. There has absolutely been a bias to protecting Brady whether deliberate or not. It's one of the reasons I quit watching the NFL. You see so many top notch QB's getting pounded game in and game out. Then you catch a Patriots game and watch the flags fly each time the defense even dared to look in Brady's direction. Seriously such a joke.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alancw3 View Post
Really???

Have you seen a game back in the day when real men played it?

You honestly cannot compare Brady or any other modern QB to those that played without the silly rules of today's game. Not just the hits they took but the shots the defense got on their recievers. NFL is totally a different game now and judging by all the times Brady has "collasped" in games where he's being allowed to be hit it's easy to say he could not stand up to the abuse. He just hasn't show the toughness.

For Education:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWqV..._channel=eekyv