Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-04-2020, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
real question, last specialized bike you ever ridden?
2005 ish Langster. Also a die hard user of Romin Evo saddles. Have had them on every one of my bikes since they came out.

Not roasting them with that comment, they are better at the marketing game than pretty much any other big manufacturer.

Last edited by batman1425; 08-04-2020 at 08:21 PM.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:27 PM

It´s easy to hate spec for the bad legal ***** they put up in the past (if they could they would have patents on bolts and tools and confiscate your tool box).
Otoh they do sell great tires and eventually great bikes.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I'm sure it's a fine bike, but it's aimed at a much younger folks than me. 5000 for a frame only seems a bit ridiculous, but I did once pay 3000 for a special edition LOOK 585. I also got one with the stronger unidirectional carbon for 1800. Sold both in 2010.

Now I'm into bargains, leftover from previous years. I averaged half the 1700 msrp for each of my Colnago C-RS frames. I ride so slow, it doesn't matter what frame I have, as long as I like the looks.
I agree in the the price seems excessive for a mass produced made in Asia frame but it seems the marketing is working well on some in here. It doesn't work on me...did when I was a teenager.

I agree Specialized make some alright products but they lost me awhile back, these days I much prefer to spend my cash on quality of quantity.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:46 PM

Forget the new tarmac, they could win a lot of friends with something as simple as a rockhopper or a sirrus at this point

Specialized has nothing available, markets like crazy, yet has all their current dealers on EOM 30. The invoice basically beats the bike to a a dealer's doorstep and folks call incessantly for something that isn't available until January. Geat products, but the MBAs have taken over the sales team. Unfortunate combination

For the record, love my epic evo, chisel, stumpjumper and Diverge...but the rep isn't allowed in the store