Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Ex-Mr.President

Sponser questions and what is the deal????

I am trying to word this as to not start a riot, so please begrudge me some latitude here.

I personally have switched from Shimano DA to Campy Chorus. I am not by any means saying one is better. I like Campy for me...me only.

So here is my question. With all of the "new" models coming out from the big companies (Trek, Giant, Cannondale, etc.) Why do less and less companies use Campy? Does shimano simply pay more or give better deals for OEM stuff?

I guess the breaking point for me is the new Madone. I know everyone here has their own opinion on it as it has been discussed to a point of silliness. But you know as it just won the tour, Trek is going to sell loads of them.

Yet "Right now we do not offer" anything but Shimano. You will have to buy a separate kit to use Campy.

I know we can debate which components are better until we are blue in the face, but why such a lack of OEM Campy stuff?

If it is just money..ie deals for OEM, doesn't it make sense that Campy would try to be more competitive to get their products out there.

Discuss......with out getting into a Campy vs. Shimano and who is better. That is not what I meant to ask.