Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-20-2023, 09:07 AM
Rock Hard ~ Ride Free

GiveSendGo is a far, far, superior donation avenue.
GoFunkMe is an unscrupulous organization to be avoided.
Best wishes to Keith for a comprehensive and speedy recovery!
Old 12-20-2023, 09:33 AM

Whoa, I'm just catching up.....

I'm in on whatever works. Keith is invaluable to the forum, this thing doesn't just run itself - even though it may appear to.

Good luck in your recovery, Keith!
Old 12-20-2023, 10:11 AM

How about collecting a donation fee of a certain percentage from the sales on the classifieds? That could keep going continuously until Keith is back to health.
Old 12-20-2023, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Update on Keith

We just wanted to also post this update in this thread too.

Keith is continuing to heal each day. This week he’s gotten out of bed and walked from his bed to his hospital room door using the walker. He was also finally able to get a shower for the first time in over a week. We were also able to have a nurse bring him down to the hospital lobby so his two infant grandsons could see him for a couple of minutes. Additionally, we learned earlier this week that Keith has pretty severe vision issues stemming from the crash. Apparently there are two issues with the vision, one is related to the brain injury and the other is related to injury to the eye itself. The most severe of the vision issues are in his right eye where he can basically only see movement. The ophthalmologist who treated Keith said that it could take up to six months for the issues with his vision to hopefully heal.

We also have a definitive date when he will begin in-patient rehab, which is great news because Keith is ready to get out of the hospital (today is day 11). Tomorrow, Thursday, Keith will be transported to an in-patient rehab facility a couple hours north of here. He will remain there for the next several weeks in order to heal, rehab, and rest. His wife will accompany him and stay in family housing unit there to be with him every step of the way. After that, I’m sure there will be some out patient rehab.

I know that the go fund me link for Keith has been posted in both threads. I just wanted to note that the go fund me is legitimate. Burt Gordon is a very close family friend, neighbor, and member of their church. He asked their youngest daughter if he could do that for Keith and his wife before he made it. By no means should anybody take this as asking for any donations, but we merely wanted to reassure any who may have donated that it is in fact legit.

More importantly, Keith has been moved beyond words by the outpouring of kind words from everybody through all of this. Just earlier today he was asking his wife today about the forum and he was astonished by all of the kind words of encouragement from everybody here. It has been so kind for him to hear how many people care about him and his recovery.

-The Arbuckle Family
Old 12-20-2023, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith A View Post
We just wanted to also post this update in this thread too.

Keith is continuing to heal each day. This week he’s gotten out of bed and walked from his bed to his hospital room door using the walker. He was also finally able to get a shower for the first time in over a week. We were also able to have a nurse bring him down to the hospital lobby so his two infant grandsons could see him for a couple of minutes. Additionally, we learned earlier this week that Keith has pretty severe vision issues stemming from the crash. Apparently there are two issues with the vision, one is related to the brain injury and the other is related to injury to the eye itself. The most severe of the vision issues are in his right eye where he can basically only see movement. The ophthalmologist who treated Keith said that it could take up to six months for the issues with his vision to hopefully heal.

We also have a definitive date when he will begin in-patient rehab, which is great news because Keith is ready to get out of the hospital (today is day 11). Tomorrow, Thursday, Keith will be transported to an in-patient rehab facility a couple hours north of here. He will remain there for the next several weeks in order to heal, rehab, and rest. His wife will accompany him and stay in family housing unit there to be with him every step of the way. After that, I’m sure there will be some out patient rehab.

I know that the go fund me link for Keith has been posted in both threads. I just wanted to note that the go fund me is legitimate. Burt Gordon is a very close family friend, neighbor, and member of their church. He asked their youngest daughter if he could do that for Keith and his wife before he made it. By no means should anybody take this as asking for any donations, but we merely wanted to reassure any who may have donated that it is in fact legit.

More importantly, Keith has been moved beyond words by the outpouring of kind words from everybody through all of this. Just earlier today he was asking his wife today about the forum and he was astonished by all of the kind words of encouragement from everybody here. It has been so kind for him to hear how many people care about him and his recovery.

-The Arbuckle Family
Very good, thanks for the continued updates. Sounds like things are moving in the right direction. I'm sure it's a difficult time, especially with unknowns around brain injury. Hang in there Arbuckles!
Old 12-20-2023, 02:01 PM

Haven't been on the forum for a bit and just now learning about this...poor guy, sounds like he is good hands and hoping for the best. Thanks for the update and whoever put the go fund me together. Every bit will help, I'm sure.

What a great place this forum is.
Old 12-20-2023, 02:32 PM

This is terrible news and I wish Keith a speedy recovery. Heading to the Gofundme now.
Old 12-20-2023, 02:49 PM
NJ/NashV/PDX

That was odd, went to link and no paypal as funding choice. Went back hour later and it was there, which I expected in first place.

Happy to help, sounds like they are in for the long haul, Keith and family.

Old 12-20-2023, 02:53 PM

Very sorry to hear - my condolences and best wishes for a quick recovery
Old 12-20-2023, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Merged the two relevant threads.
Old 12-20-2023, 05:17 PM

Our hearts go out to Keith and his loved ones.

We each know that this could happen to any one of us at any time. Each time I go out I kiss my wife and the dog and tell them that I love them.

Keith is blessed to be surrounded by many who will help him, and one another, get through this challenge.
Hot Tubes
LiteSpeed
SpeshFatboy
Old 12-20-2023, 07:42 PM
Small ring

Donate if you can

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-keit...rough-recovery
Old 12-20-2023, 08:23 PM

I am rooting for you. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery!

I wish i could donate more... divorce is expensive!

-Dave
Old 12-21-2023, 09:47 AM

Oh my gosh. How the heck did I miss this long thread??

Keith, hang in there. Focus on healing up. Rest, sleep to let your body do its thing. Hey! It's time to catch up on all those missed races Positive thoughts, vibes, prayers to ya.

Thanks to whomever is sending updates. Good to hear the progress.
Old 12-21-2023, 10:40 AM
Small ring

Just $640 from the goal.

Please donate if you can. I don't know Keith personally, but I appreciate what he, and all the mods do here.