July 4, 2020 by SPP™ SlowPokePete, on Flickr

SPP
Old 07-05-2020, 08:23 AM

Well, I've been fighting knee problems since Nov. and have only maybe a dozen rides in this year. My last attempt resulted in one knee locking up about two miles from the house and me having to unclip and one leg it home.

But I haven't missed my 4th July ever and wasn't about to yesterday. So I threw on all the Patriotic kit (man did it shrink since last year ) and took out the Series PDG Paramount. Made it 20 miles without any real issues and was so happy.

Old 07-05-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdak View Post
Well, I've been fighting knee problems since Nov. and have only maybe a dozen rides in this year. My last attempt resulted in one knee locking up about two miles from the house and me having to unclip and one leg it home.

But I haven't missed my 4th July ever and wasn't about to yesterday. So I threw on all the Patriotic kit (man did it shrink since last year ) and took out the Series PDG Paramount. Made it 20 miles without any real issues and was so happy.

Good to hear. Must have felt great!
Old 07-05-2020, 09:23 AM

I pulled the old track bike out of the shed for a 45 mile ride in the mountains. I'm worn out!

Old 07-05-2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdak View Post

Hmm the kit shrank - must be a broken washer /dryer ... (luuuuv those red/white/blue PDG Paramounts!)
Old 07-05-2020, 09:55 AM

Knew I shoulda took some pics - did a loop from my place in Deerfield up to Delray then back down to the docks at Hillsboro inlet and it was HOT, had a Coke and a smile at the docks and cruised on home - don't have a GPS but think I've clocked it at 34 miles before - the miles are getting a little easier!
Old 07-05-2020, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbcoupe View Post
Good to hear. Must have felt great!
Yep for the most part. Let's just say I'm choosing to take out the Fuji Opus III today with it's nice, forgiving Gyes leather saddle for a reason.
Old 07-05-2020, 02:20 PM

I did a harbor cruise (Oceanside Harbor) today. My legs were terrible, but it was great to ride. I wouldn’t have taken this route yesterday, but it wasn’t too crazy today. As I understand, the local beaches here (versus the state beaches, which I understand were closed) were the only ones open in all of Southern California, or at least LA and south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-2020, 02:33 PM

After sparing with a car for the third time, 3 weeks ago, I swore off weekend rides, during the tourist season. Too many idiots on the road. Mountain roads with no shoulders and cyclists is more than some can handle.
Old 07-06-2020, 08:14 AM

With many thanks to Superbowlpats, I put together what ended up as a 70 mile loop in southeastern MA (1st time off MV since Jan.) and met up with my 26 year old super fit nephew to ride it. Great route through the cranberry countryside and a loop through Myles Standish state park. Minimal traffic, good pavement, overcast sky and high 60Fs. I rode the Firefly, he has a Trek Emonda. Left early and done by 1 pm. Great dinner that night with both sisters, husbands, five nieces/nephews and partners, all of whom have been holed up on the Cape for weeks. Fireworks on the beach.

Sunday, I made some fit changes on one sister's bike (as well as tightening loose skewers, oy) and it really helped her on her ride. My other sister hasn't ridden in years, and we got her Fierte Ti out and got it running smoothly and set the fit for my niece, who is 25 today. Then we went out and did a short hammer ride along the service road along RT 6, lots of little rollers, fun. Taught her some basics, such as she could shift front and rear at the same time. She's been riding my BIL's Trek which is too big for her, so this was a big upgrade.

Today going through the bikes to see which might fit my nephew's GF best, then another ride, at least with my niece.
Old 07-06-2020, 08:23 AM
Administrator

pushed through the massive heat and humidity yesterday to round out the weekend with over 100 miles, which is a good way to start July.

The bottom photo doesnt do them justice, but finished off the night with some massive tomahawk steaks. low and slow followed by a reverse sear with the grill blazing at 750 degrees in a fiery flash. so good.

Old 07-06-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHAero View Post
With many thanks to Superbowlpats, I put together what ended up as a 70 mile loop in southeastern MA (1st time off MV since Jan.) and met up with my 26 year old super fit nephew to ride it. Great route through the cranberry countryside and a loop through Myles Standish state park. Minimal traffic, good pavement, overcast sky and high 60Fs. I rode the Firefly, he has a Trek Emonda. Left early and done by 1 pm. Great dinner that night with both sisters, husbands, five nieces/nephews and partners, all of whom have been holed up on the Cape for weeks. Fireworks on the beach.

Sunday, I made some fit changes on one sister's bike (as well as tightening loose skewers, oy) and it really helped her on her ride. My other sister hasn't ridden in years, and we got her Fierte Ti out and got it running smoothly and set the fit for my niece, who is 25 today. Then we went out and did a short hammer ride along the service road along RT 6, lots of little rollers, fun. Taught her some basics, such as she could shift front and rear at the same time. She's been riding my BIL's Trek which is too big for her, so this was a big upgrade.

Today going through the bikes to see which might fit my nephew's GF best, then another ride, at least with my niece.
Glad the ride went well! Weather was good for a ride, especially in the morning.
Old 07-06-2020, 01:22 PM

U.P. of Michigan. Sault to Saint Ignace and a dip in the chilly Straits.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200704_201435_746.jpg (104.0 KB, 43 views)
Old 07-07-2020, 09:33 AM

Absolutely!
Did another ride yesterday with my niece. Her whole family is now in Rapha togs, as my nephew, who is a gearhead, lives 0.3 miles from their store in SF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbowlpats View Post
Glad the ride went well! Weather was good for a ride, especially in the morning.