Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-05-2020, 04:51 PM

I've got a pair of the flyweights they were selling a few years ago. Great Zeiss lenses, super light, and comfortable to wear. I imagine the new stuff will be good as well
Old 07-05-2020, 04:58 PM
#RYFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
I have a pair of the older style city glasses that I had made into regular prescription glasses. I have to say that they look great but perform poorly. The ear pieces are too slippery and don’t stay in place unless you really bend them down. The second problem is that the plastic ear pieces don’t fit that tight so perspiration can “leak” and cause the base metal to rust. YMMV.
Interesting, my mileage does indeed vary -- I did similar, put photochromic prescription lenses in so that I would have something I could use when I didn't want to put contact lenses in, including dusk/nighttime, and I'm very happy with them. They don't slip at all. I haven't had any rust issues either, but I only use them once every week or two.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
just get em, I doubt they will be on sale on the first sale since they just came out
Ordered.

Expect to see a nice pair of Oakley Racing Jackets (the ones without temple hinges) posted for sale soon. Comfortable, but not my style.
Old 07-10-2020, 11:20 AM

They are here.

My initial impression is that frames are a bit nicer than Oakley frogskins but the lenses are not quite as good as Oakley prism. That’s not to say they are not worth the money however. While neither fit the normal cycling style, the Rapha seems far better suited for riding. The Raphas probably have the right mix of my off the bike and on the bike Oakleys. Paired with my Airnet helmet, they look casual but not out of place and they play well with the “sunglass ports” in the vents. I am very pleased with frame and lens colors on the green variant.

Excited to try them on a ride but yard work and weather may delay that a bit.
Old 07-10-2020, 11:26 AM

Great taste (I chose the green/pink too)!

I received and road tested mine a few days ago, they fit great, lenses are very clear in bright sun (rose pink)

I agree they do wear casually on and off the bike, and stay PUT.

They do not block the wind as well as wrap around oakleys, but are much better than my non cycling 'holdbrook' oakley frames, as far as keeping wind blast out of my eyes on fast descents

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdgenbird View Post
They are here.

My initial impression is that frames are a bit nicer than Oakley frogskins but the lenses are not quite as good as Oakley prism. That’s not to say they are not worth the money however. While neither fit the normal cycling style, the Rapha seems far better suited for riding. The Raphas probably have the right mix of my off the bike and on the bike Oakleys. Paired with my Airnet helmet, they look casual but not out of place and they play well with the “sunglass ports” in the vents. I am very pleased with frame and lens colors on the green variant.

Excited to try them on a ride but yard work and weather may delay that a bit.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:22 AM

Is anyone having issues cleaning the insides of these lenses? It’s like the anti-fog has really high stiction. The outsides look great but the insides do not.