Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds (Cycling Products)

Old 10-13-2023, 05:04 PM
Ride to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaMtbRider View Post
Serotta Meivici frameset in what appears to be excellent condition. Seems like a deal at $1250.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15582504635...Bk9SR_ShscbkYg
Is that damage at the rear dropout/chainstay connection?
Old 10-13-2023, 06:30 PM

Doesn't look like it to me. They typically wrapped a thin black tape around the junction of carbon stays and dropouts on all those frames. That may be what you're seeing and wondering about.
Old 10-14-2023, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Serotta Meivici frameset in what appears to be excellent condition. Seems like a deal at $1250.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Almost hit the BIN - then saw it was a 74-deg STA
Quote:
Yea, I noticed that too. I didn't see a built sheet so I wonder how they go that number and if it is accurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam View Post
Is that damage at the rear dropout/chainstay connection?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv_vt View Post
Doesn't look like it to me. They typically wrapped a thin black tape around the junction of carbon stays and dropouts on all those frames. That may be what you're seeing and wondering about.
Lol! A fellow Paceliner texted me last night about this conversation. The Meivici is mine. The stated STA is correct (well 73.9 to be exact...). I have pictures of the build sheet that I took from the ad when I purchased it a few months back. Also, no issues at all where the seat stays meet the Ti dropouts. As pointed out by tv_vt, Serotta put finishing tape at that spot and that's what you're seeing.

Overall, the bike is in stunning condition. It's really nice with very few marks on it. It was well-loved and maintained by the previous (original) owner. If any of you guys are interested, I'm more than happy to text you as many pics of the frameset as you'd like and even set up a FaceTime call to go over it and answer any questions that you may have.

At some point, it's going to be asked - "What's the carbon tubeset that was used on the build"? Unfortunately, I'm not sure. It isn't marked on the frame anywhere, isn't listed on the build sheet that I can see, and the previous owner didn't know.

Oh, and great discussion about geometry and fit in this thread regarding the bike. Thanks for that! I've been riding for over 30 years now, have at least 100K miles in my legs, and have NEVER put that much thought into my fit. Maybe I should...

Texbike

Last edited by texbike; 10-14-2023 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-19-2023, 06:19 PM

60 Ottrott

Big Ottrott on the bay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/36453334289...Bk9SR67glqDpYg

Very little info and few photos. Don't people know how to sell something?
Seller did send me photo of serial number under BB: CCS 60 671. Assume that means custom based on a 60cm frame and 671st one built. Does that sound right? Still, not much to go on if you're trying to figure out geometry...
Old 10-19-2023, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv_vt View Post
Big Ottrott on the bay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/36453334289...Bk9SR67glqDpYg

Very little info and few photos. Don't people know how to sell something?
Seller did send me photo of serial number under BB: CCS 60 671. Assume that means custom based on a 60cm frame and 671st one built. Does that sound right? Still, not much to go on if you're trying to figure out geometry...
Thom, you're right! Whoever is listing the Ottrott does not know *****! No good photos, no geo's (TT length, ST length, Head tube length, HTA and /STA, etc) and in description has listed as 58cm. The ser # you were sent shows Custom 60cm. I doubt was original owner.
Old 10-19-2023, 07:07 PM
Are you thinking....

And (0) feedback. Might want to do a pick-up on this one as it's not unreasonable to assume that if he can't describe it well, he may not be able to pack it well either.
Old 10-29-2023, 03:13 PM
cnighbor2

Serotta Coeur d'Acier Road Bike 65cm for TALL Rider - $1,100

10/28/2023
Serotta Coeur d'Acier Road Bike 65cm for TALL Rider - $1,100
Serotta Coeur d'Acier built for a TALL rider.

The Serotta Coeur d’Acier is a road bike hand-built in the US by the legendary Ben Serotta. The bike is built from a combination of lightweight steel alloy and carbon fiber. The name Coeur d’Acier literally translates to “heart of steel”. The rest of the bike is made up of high end components including Dura-Ace Flight Deck levers, Shimano Ultegra Derailleurs and Shimano 105 calipers. The materials used in the frame provide very light and stiff handling.

65cm(!) frame, serial number CCD 65 744

It rides beautifully and needs nothing. I'm 6'1" and it fits me set up as shown in the photos, although the handlebars are set just a little high for me personally. The original owner was over 7ft tall, so if you or someone you know is vertically gifted this is a fantastic bike.

If you need any more dimensions or details don't hesitate to reach out. You can reach me any time, but texts are preferred during business hours. 760 five75 46one4

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/...671583251.html
Old 10-29-2023, 03:19 PM
cnighbor2

Bike, Large, Tall, Zinn Titanium Custom Bike For Tall Rider - $3,500 (Eugene)

10/28/2023
Bike, Large, Tall, Zinn Titanium Custom Bike For Tall Rider - $3,500 Eugene South of Seattle a bit
Zinn Titanium Custom Bike For Tall Rider , Double crankset, 10 speed, Sram Red Components

Custom built Titanium, Dolomite® road bike for tall rider. This bike was custom built for a 6' 7" rider. It is built with very strong, oversize titanium tubes. It is light weight yet super durable and strong. With minor adjustments this bike should easily fit riders 6'4" up to 6'10".

Low miles, with high end components. New custom Price over $7500.00 - this bike is like new!
This is a one owner bike, never crashed, always stored in heated garage, never ridden in rain, pristine care has always been given for this bike.

Stand Over Height: 34.75 inches. -Look Compact Geometry
Compact Geometry Bike Frame
Top Tube = 61CM
Deda Custom Stem =140 mm
Head tube =18 CM
Down Tube = 64.5 CM
Saddle = Selle Italia® Flite
Arundel Carbon Water bottle Cages
Pump peg for frame pump
Water Bottle bosses to hold a total of 4 water bottle cages
Dura Ace Clipless pedals-
Mavic® Ksyrium Elite Wheels 700C - light weight, high performance
Thompson Seat Post- Extra strong
Zinn-tegrated® Custom Crank Set = 215mm Crank Arms
Fork: Alpha Q Z Pro
Salsa Handlebar width = 46 cm
Tools and tool bag not included, shown for illustration.

This bike is built with Sram Red Components, 10 speed with Mavic Ksyrium Elite 700C Wheels

For any questions or arrangements to purchase, please CALL , (please no texts, this is a land line and thus will not accept texts) -simply click or select the Craig’s list “Reply Button” at top of this ad, or click the "more ads by this user” link, to see additional items for sale. One phone call will accomplish what 6 or 7 emails accomplish. (Five-4-one-three-four-four-929-three) Thanks for looking.

https://eugene.craigslist.org/bik/d/...660435732.html
Old 10-29-2023, 03:37 PM
cnighbor2

Waterford RS-22 65 cm tall large xl bike frame

https://denver.craigslist.org/bop/d/...664089272.html

This is a custom made frame for a tall person. If you are considering ordering a Zinn frame, look closely at this one. New custom frames are more than $2,500 and you have to wait a year. The lug work is flawless and it is very light and fast. I built it up as a 9 speed, so still have parts (wheelsets, brakes, derailleurs, etc) if you need them. I liked it more than my Bianchi reparto course and Lightsped Classic, probably just because it fit better. Email with questions. Cash only.
Old 10-29-2023, 09:05 PM
LateStart

Can this topic be a sticky...?

Awesomely helpful to me and possibly others. Is there a condensed and summarized version that could be a sticky? This would have saved me a ton of time over the years looking at frames. Thanks to all on the thread.

Quote:
Well said BT. For me, at a 83cm saddle height, I can ride a 72-deg STA with a 0-SB post, a 72.5-deg STA w a 15mm-SB post, or a 73-deg STA w a 25mm-SB post to achieve the same approx 12cm saddle-nose to BB-center SB (on my saddle of choice). If I want my reach to the bars to stay the same with the same stem length, the top-tube length has to grow/shrink accordingly - so, on that 72-deg STA I might want a 60.5cm TT, on the 72.5-deg STA a 59.5-60cm TT, and on the 73-deg a 58.5-59cm TT. This is assuming I'm trying to get the exact same position out of the different frames with only the STA and seatpost off-set changing.

Mastering this tool is extremely helpful: https://www.bikegeocalc.com/.
Old 10-30-2023, 03:54 PM
cnighbor2

Hampsten Cinghiale/ Moots Vamoots Compact Record Eurus - $1,750 (dublin / pleasanton

Hampsten Cinghiale/ Moots Vamoots Compact Record Eurus - $1,750 (dublin / pleasanton / livermore)
Hampsten Cinghiale/ Moots Vamoots Compact Record Eurus 1

bicycle frame material: titanium
bicycle type: road
frame size: 61.5 cm
wheel size: 700C
This is an awesome

This is an awesome bike that I’m not fully convinced I want to give up. This is a Hampsten Cinghiale, essentially a custom Moots Vamoots Compact. I believe the only difference is a slightly taller head tube and longer chain stay. Officially a 61.5cm frame.
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik...674033374.html
Full Campy Record 10 with CT compact crankset and front derailleur. Moots ti seat post. Campagnolo Eurus wheels spin up quickly and the whole bike feels lively in all the right ways.
Old 11-03-2023, 09:47 PM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166415716688

Beautiful 63cm Columbine w carved and thinned lugs for $550 - just a little short in the TT for me..
Old 11-19-2023, 07:34 AM

Not really "big" by my personal definition, as this is my size, but I don't think I've ever seen a 62cm Alan frame. This bike is for sale by framebuilder Harry Havnoonian.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256304386644
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20231119-063319.jpg (133.5 KB, 150 views)
Old 11-19-2023, 12:18 PM

Quote:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/166415716688

Beautiful 63cm Columbine w carved and thinned lugs for $550 - just a little short in the TT for me..
Gosh darn it
Old 11-19-2023, 12:26 PM
what's a little rust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smontanaro View Post
Not really "big" by my personal definition, as this is my size, but I don't think I've ever seen a 62cm Alan frame. This bike is for sale by framebuilder Harry Havnoonian.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256304386644
Are any concerns about a bonded frame … enlarged … when the frame is extra large?