Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-04-2022, 04:16 PM
North of 49th

Ekoi - PSA - Alert

PSA - Buyer beware - On Ekoi purchases.

With all the pro team sponsorships along with ads that Ekoi has been pushing on Eurosport, I figured I'd jump in and try some of their kit.

Ordered up a Corsa Lite Helmet and a pair of Ekoi logo'd red bibshorts.

The Corsa Lite helmet - arrived with a pretty big dent on the right side... comes packed in a black bag. No evidence of any shipping damage or previous use. Just a honking big dent.

The bibs. Missing the tone on tone logos on both legs and there are black marks and small cuts in the material. Overall, the quality and sewing is what you'd expect from a Ali-Xpress type seller.

Contacted Ekoi CS to arrange a return and refund. They were mute to several emails and no answer to any calls made their USA office. Appears that they woke up as soon as I used the PayPal word in an email I got an immediate response asking for photos, but no direction on returns or refund.

I have just escalated a complaint to PayPal for them to mediate and resolve.

Ekoi CS is horrible. Their site site says free returns, etc.. but imho it's a sham. I certainly won't be shopping their stuff ever again.

Caveat Emptor.
Old 10-04-2022, 04:23 PM

In the US I've had nothing but superb service from them. 3 orders so far. First time I ordered 2 jerseys and utilized their free returns. Printed their label and dropped at UPS - took about 4-5 days to get to their address and within a day I had notice of the refund.

2nd order was a corsa lite helmet for my son and a jersey for me. Jersey was too small - helmet was perfect (arrived in the helmet box - total order in a regular cardboard box). Returned the jersey, no issue. Helmet is superb - quite an upgrade for my son.

3rd order was a bunch of winter base layers and accessories - ordered 1 of each in 2 sizes, return is on it's way back to them, again no issues.

Maybe service is different to The Great North, but they've been great for me in the US.
Old 10-04-2022, 04:40 PM
North of 49th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeth1313 View Post
In the US I've had nothing but superb service from them. 3 orders so far. First time I ordered 2 jerseys and utilized their free returns. Printed their label and dropped at UPS - took about 4-5 days to get to their address and within a day I had notice of the refund.

2nd order was a corsa lite helmet for my son and a jersey for me. Jersey was too small - helmet was perfect (arrived in the helmet box - total order in a regular cardboard box). Returned the jersey, no issue. Helmet is superb - quite an upgrade for my son.

3rd order was a bunch of winter base layers and accessories - ordered 1 of each in 2 sizes, return is on it's way back to them, again no issues.

Maybe service is different to The Great North, but they've been great for me in the US.

Glad it worked out for you.

Service aside, the items in my shipment were damaged and shipped out as new.
Old 10-05-2022, 01:15 AM

I also haven’t had issues with my Ekoi purchase. They ran a fairly significant sale so I purchased an AR13 helmet, extra netting/pads, and a pair of sunglasses. No damage, seems to have held up find. Helmet is quite light, so perhaps maybe not the best for protection, but I can’t say from experience, fortunately.
Old 10-05-2022, 07:54 AM

I bought 2 helmets (2 different purchases) -- both arrived quickly and in perfect condition.