Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-14-2017, 05:16 PM

don't be mad at chris froome, he rarely looks up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLD 25 View Post
Is the bike judging why other cyclists don't wave on the road? I am not sure why, but it burns me up something serious when I am riding along and see another guy riding on the other side of the road and they don't acknowledge me in the slightest after I give them a nice wave. Why? are they too cool? Even if they are, I am not slow, nor am I riding a walmart bike. I have been tempted(and I still think I will do at some point) to turn around, catch up to them and ask them why they snubbed. I am a cyclist, but I don't understand why cyclists have to think they are so cool and better than others.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:18 PM

A bike is judged by whether it is matte black with red and white accents, or not.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:48 PM

It ain't the arrow
Old 12-14-2017, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontact View Post
A bike is judged by whether it is matte black with red and white accents, or not.
Now that is funny
Old 12-14-2017, 07:16 PM
ZhugeLiang

Whoa! Sorry pals...I guess. For going AWOL for most of the day. Today is my wife's day off, so I took the day off too to spend time with her. We went running and the gym in the morning. And then we went to our favorite Asian treats and then then we bought a whole truckload of persimmon at the oriental market. She absolutely loves persimmons. And once I have done that, she signed off on me adding a couple more bikes. And then we took a nap. And then I went for a bike ride. And then our kids came home from school, we played with them and fed them the yummy food we bought earlier. And then here I am, logging back on to my favorite forum...er....what did I miss?
Old 12-14-2017, 07:23 PM

You have missed the secret that will never be told and the answer that has no meaning. Above and beyond that not much.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:41 PM
AZ Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by C40_guy View Post
I've been a serious cyclist since '72, and sometimes it is about the bike.

I don't care what others ride, except to lust after them (the bikes!)...

That having been said, I recently became a runner and found a difference in attitude refreshing. Runners typically have multiple pairs of running shoes, duplicates and different shoes for different purposes (sound familiar?). But runners don't compete with one another, they compete against themselves...can I PR in this race (even though I'm placing 479 in a race of 900 people). And runners will bend over backwards to help one another while out on a run, during a race, whatever.

Not that there's not a lot of comraderie in the biking community...but we are focused on equipment in a way that runners mostly are not...
My experience has been exactly the opposite. The cycling community has been welcoming. Track runners were found to be cold and vicious.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:46 PM

.... ..

Last edited by cadence90; 07-31-2018 at 02:24 AM.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobO View Post
My experience has been exactly the opposite. The cycling community has been welcoming. Track runners were found to be cold and vicious.
I didn't say that the cycling community isn't welcoming. We just moved to Cape Cod and the two primary cycling clubs -- Cape Cod Cycling Club and NEMBA-Cape Cod have been very welcoming. I expect that those two organizations will be a foundation of my social life for many years.

And I understand that track runners are a special breed... Personally, I prefer running on trails.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
Whoa! Sorry pals...I guess. For going AWOL for most of the day. Today is my wife's day off, so I took the day off too to spend time with her. We went running and the gym in the morning. And then we went to our favorite Asian treats and then then we bought a whole truckload of persimmon at the oriental market. She absolutely loves persimmons. And once I have done that, she signed off on me adding a couple more bikes. And then we took a nap. And then I went for a bike ride. And then our kids came home from school, we played with them and fed them the yummy food we bought earlier. And then here I am, logging back on to my favorite forum...er....what did I miss?
Nice

You could use a couple new bikes...

Here's one for you, just your style.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3je22.jpg (77.7 KB, 157 views)
Old 12-14-2017, 08:06 PM
Administrator

i have no idea what this thread is about or what on earth is going on with the forum lately. there seems to be quite a bit of pot stirring and snarky comments recently, and i dont like it.

c'mon folks, we're better than that.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:21 PM
ZhugeLiang

Sorry angry pal, it's my bad.

Please close this thread if you think it's best.

What I was thinking when I started this thread was...honestly!

Old 12-14-2017, 08:41 PM

In my neck of the woods, the guys on TT bikes are "in the zone" and waving would disrupt their aerodynamics.

Or better yet, the guys who wear some local team jersey and cannot wave.

F off dude.

Quote:
Is the bike judging why other cyclists don't wave on the road? I am not sure why, but it burns me up something serious when I am riding along and see another guy riding on the other side of the road and they don't acknowledge me in the slightest after I give them a nice wave. Why? are they too cool? Even if they are, I am not slow, nor am I riding a walmart bike. I have been tempted(and I still think I will do at some point) to turn around, catch up to them and ask them why they snubbed. I am a cyclist, but I don't understand why cyclists have to think they are so cool and better than others.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:48 PM

Quote:
The older I get, the more I realize that perceived slights often have nothing to do with me. Someone cuts me off in traffic? S/he might not have seen me at all. Or perhaps s/he was dealing with an emergency. A colleague walks by without saying hello? Maybe s/he's preoccupied with an important work matter or thinking about a family problem. And so on.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:51 PM

Just wave back, man

Last edited by beeatnik; 12-14-2017 at 11:30 PM.

Tags
pal