Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-31-2020, 06:53 AM

Zwift Issues

For a little over the last week, I cannot get Zwift to connect with Zwift Companion. I use Zwift via AppleTV. Given that, I use the companion connect Controllable(KICKR), HRM, Cadence, and Power (KICKR). I have a '17 KICKR, so I need all four. Literally stopped connecting out of the blue. I have deleted app on AppleTV, restarted unit, reinstalled app. At the same time deleted companion, restarted phone, reinstalled...nothing. I only have one network in my home (the same one I had been using until this). No other homes close enough for network 'confusion'. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 07-31-2020, 07:11 AM

I had to reinstall Zwift on my PC when I had this problem and that fixed it. It's like the worst solution ever in IT (just reinstall it ) but it did work.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:52 AM

Tried again this morning...

after the un-install / re-install....nothing
Old 07-31-2020, 08:30 AM

Are you connecting anything to your phone, like Bluetooth headphones or a speaker?
I am having this same problem (totally annoying on a group ride when you are trying to chat), and I seem to have narrowed it down to this, so now I need to choose between music or the companion app.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:57 AM

Was there an update to your phone or apple TV recently? Sometimes those overwrite settings that might affect this.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:36 AM
shimergo

It could be an issue with the Zwift Companion app on your phone. I had an issue in late June where my devices (Kickr, heart rate, cadence sensor) kept on dropping out during a ride. Turned out it was an app issue and was eventually fixed with an update. I don't use Zwift anymore, but at that time I was using an Apple TV and an iPad with the Zwift Companion app bridging the device connections.

I'd do a Google search on any very recent issues others may have had. Also, check the reviews on the App Store for this app to see if others are having the same issue.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:08 PM

I gave up on the cadence connection. I just connect the trainer and my heart rate. That’s really all that I need. It also eliminates running all the connections through your phone. It made things run smoother for me.

I have had power surges with certain Bluetooth headphones. The ones I use now only surge once in a blue moon. So I live with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2020, 08:03 AM
Adrenaline Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamoots58 View Post
For a little over the last week, I cannot get Zwift to connect with Zwift Companion. I use Zwift via AppleTV. Given that, I use the companion connect Controllable(KICKR), HRM, Cadence, and Power (KICKR). I have a '17 KICKR, so I need all four. Literally stopped connecting out of the blue. I have deleted app on AppleTV, restarted unit, reinstalled app. At the same time deleted companion, restarted phone, reinstalled...nothing. I only have one network in my home (the same one I had been using until this). No other homes close enough for network 'confusion'. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

If you use an iPhone could it be a recent update to iOS 13.6? I haven't followed all of the issues. If it's bluetooth related would be worth doing a hard reset on the phone. The steps vary by model.