Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-29-2020, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelJLloyd View Post
Garbage in, garbage out. You'd probably be better served by giving at least your height and weight. When was "the past"?

I'm 183# and 6'. I wear XLG (XXL) in T Mille S7 bibs. This gives me the light compression that I prefer. I think if I wanted some more compression then I could go with the T Equipe EVO in the same size.

Assos' size chart is based solely on height, right? Pretty sure their chart would put me in a size L, which is two sizes smaller than the size I wear and find comfortable. I think most people must prefer a lot more compression than I do.
Boy that's for sure. I'm the same height and weight and I'm squarely in the Large range, including Assos.
Old 07-29-2020, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveandbarb1 View Post
Good luck, that is min XL if not XLG in my humble opinion
Here's to hoping you're wrong, lol.

Reading online reviews, it seemed to be similar to what others were going for size-wise. All my other Assos clothing is large, but they are a little older. My body is the same, but if Assos has changed their sizing a lot, then maybe it won't work out....
Old 07-29-2020, 03:21 PM

I'm 5'9", 155 lbs, with a 36" chest and 30" waist. I wear M S7 bibs (Equipe and Cento), S tops (in all lines, some fitting tighter than others), but recently tried the S9 RS bibs in a small and they fit rather well. The fabric is more elastic than the S7, so fits slightly differently. The chamois doesn't move around at all with the smaller size, and I'm still comfortable. I could probably do a medium S9 no problem either, just with less compression everywhere.

The leg length for me with M S7 and S S9 is almost exactly the same. Which leads me to believe the length increased slightly in the S9s.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldguy00 View Post
Here's to hoping you're wrong, lol.

Reading online reviews, it seemed to be similar to what others were going for size-wise. All my other Assos clothing is large, but they are a little older. My body is the same, but if Assos has changed their sizing a lot, then maybe it won't work out....
I'm 5'10 and a little heavier. I am an L in bibs, XL in jersey. (I have shoulders)
You'll be fine. These feel snug when you put these on, but feel fine in position. I assume if these were really too small, I'd blow a seam.

As Hardlhat says, go RS S9. These are just better.

All the new Equipe RS Spring Fall Jacket is the best new kit they have made in ages

Last edited by verticaldoug; 07-29-2020 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-30-2020, 10:08 AM

I’m a L in Pearl Izumi and a xl in assos
Old 07-30-2020, 02:34 PM

Why is everyone quoting their weight, when Assos size charts go by waist?
Old 07-31-2020, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltwtsculler91 View Post
I've found Assos to be very consistent in sizing:
I've been a Medium bottom and Small top for anything I've gotten. (5'10, floating between 150 and 160 lbs depending on season)

The Equipe stuff is definitely more "Pro" fit, and will feel more compressive off the bike, but locks in place just fine on it. The Mille and Cento items are a bit more relaxed but still quite race fit, and don't have the same level of compression where they feel tight off the bike. I wear the same size in each.
This is about right. I'm a similar build and weight and medium below the waist works for me. Above the waist I tend to favour medium also, but it depends on the item. However, I did try the XC Bid Shorts in medium and they was definitely too small. My most recent purchase is the Trail Liner Bib Short with the Rally Cargo Short (for decorous gravel riding LOL). Both medium, and both fit perfectly.
In base layers I go for an Assos I (which is size 2 of 4) in the company's present sizing 'dissection' schema.
Old 07-31-2020, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehill View Post
The thing that’s happening here is that Assos has at least three fits. The Equipe Evos (which are awesome awesome bibs) are race cut, the Milles are sort of normal cut, and the Centos are roomy. I think this is all corrected for in their sizing charts, provided you’re looking at the right ones. I, for instance, wear a TIR in the race fit Equipes and the fit is totally perfect. In the Mille an XLG (one size smaller in their system) is noticeably too big.
I thought Cento was more fitted than Mille. That's my experience above the waist.
Old 08-13-2020, 12:26 PM

Thought I'd follow up, took just under 2 weeks from time of ordering to arrive at my mailbox in Canada from UK, no import taxes.

First thing I noticed on the box they are in is 'Slim Fit Racing'......lol.....I thought 'oh crap'...
Again, this is the 'T.EQUIPE EVO' model.
Anyway, ends up they fit perfect! Size large. And again, I am 5'10 about 180 pounds, typically wear a size 33 shorts/jeans....

Now as much as I like these, I still wish I could find a kit to wear with some color, some team or club kit, that I know would fit. My local shops have nothing, and the generic selections online are kind of boring, shorts are always black...
Old 08-16-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldguy00 View Post
Thanks all, based on comments and online reviews, decided to order a large.

For reference, I am 5'10 178 pounds at the moment.

That sounds right to me. I'm 5'9" 170 with athletic build and wear a medium but I think I'm at the top of the size for a medium. Note the other comments about the fit of specific models, e.g. the NeoPro is cut slimmer than the Mille.

The straps on mine are pretty snug on some of the models, other seem to have more room. If you have a longer torso then the large is more likely to fit well.

All Assos bibs will be more compressive at first (unless you're like Froome) but will loosen, so be patient for the first 10-15 rides and washings.

Last edited by 9tubes; 08-16-2020 at 02:43 PM.
Old 08-17-2020, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota View Post
Boy that's for sure. I'm the same height and weight and I'm squarely in the Large range, including Assos.
Same here. I find them similar to PI, not quite as snug as Giordana but I wouldn't change sizes in GI for a different fit, they are just a bit more compressive. Castelli runs
bit smaller, and Gore larger I would say.