Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-07-2020, 11:57 PM
DELETE ACCNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenz View Post
Private activities and activities within privacy zones aren’t included in the heat map. You can also opt out of heat map within the privacy settings.
exactly.

How it Works

When you enable the toggle to 'Include my activities on Metro and Heatmap':
Anyone on the web:
Will see heat on the Heatmap to which you contributed.
No one:
Will see heat from activities that you’ve made 'Only You.'
Will see heat from portions of your activity that began or ended in your privacy zone.

When you disable the toggle to 'Include my activities on Metro and Heatmap':
No one:
Will see heat from activities you’ve uploaded, regardless of whether the activity is public/private.

-The heatmap is a snapshot of historical data and not updated in real time. The heatmap is updated monthly.
- Private activities and portions of activities in privacy zones are excluded from Strava Metro and the Heatmap automatically. Other athletes recording on Strava within an athlete’s Privacy Zone may create “heat” on the map through that zone.
-Athletes may opt out by updating their privacy settings. After opting out, an athlete’s contributions to the heatmap will be removed at the next monthly update.
-Roads and trails with very little activity will not show “heat” until several different athletes upload activities in that area.
-The heatmap is available to the public but only registered Strava athletes may zoom in to street-level details of activity on the heatmap.
-Strava does not track athletes without their knowledge.
Old 06-08-2020, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadena View Post
You think a vpn will secure your privacy?
Well I'm no IT wiz and don't presume that everything I do would fully block my privacy but I see the reports on my system of what has been blocked from being shared...I personally believe abstaining from websites and apps that do share my data and give no added value to my life can also help.