Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-16-2018, 12:04 PM

None of these top flight keepers have anything on Scott Sterling. Now there's a man who can keep the ball out of the net.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F9jXYOH2c0&t=47s
Old 07-16-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote: France’s Benchwarmers Are Worth More Than Most Starting Lineups

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...rting-lineups/
Old 07-16-2018, 04:21 PM

I am not trying to turn this into a political debate or condone those actions, but in many ways she is correct - FIFA has some strange bedfellows and the corruption and abuse of human rights continues (Brazil, Russia, Qatar).

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...ed-for-15-days

"Kurachyova said their stunt, which held up the game only briefly, was meant to promote freedom of speech and condemn policies of FIFA.

She accused football's governing body of being a "friend of heads of states who carry out repression, who violate human rights".
Old 07-16-2018, 04:42 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by galgal View Post
Yes, that was a howler by Lloris. But calling him an idiot goalkeeper? Captain of the World Champions. He was solid and even spectacular when required through the tournament. Rating of 8.5/10 for the tournament.

that was an idiot move and not a move you do at the final of the most prestigious competition in the world. Ok they were winning but that was silly. If it was the GK of my own country, I still say he is an idiot. He is lucky because France did win and everyone will forget about it
Old 07-16-2018, 05:44 PM
I need you cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
that was an idiot move and not a move you do at the final of the most prestigious competition in the world. ....
Found this cool video of one of the greatest ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJWWA-h_-5g

George Best

Skip to 4:01 to see him make the greatest keeper ever look pretty silly. Sure, it was disallowed, but still pretty cool.

What I really found interesting was his just getting pounded by defenders but no flops...just got up and kept going. Love this comment: "heavy balls and ruthless tackling. and he still came out on top , imagine Messi or Ronaldo getting tackled like that ? they be rolling round for a week"

Cheers!
Old 07-17-2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
that was an idiot move and not a move you do at the final of the most prestigious competition in the world. Ok they were winning but that was silly. If it was the GK of my own country, I still say he is an idiot. He is lucky because France did win and everyone will forget about it
Taking that play in isolation, there’s no real defense for it — that was a blunder, and not just a bad break or something less than excellence.

OTOH, he played well overall in the final, even if he wasn’t often tested, and he played very well en route to the final. Had the blunder made a real difference, he’d be hounded about it, fair or not. At that point in that match, with that result, it’s a minor footnote. Why dwell on it?
Old 06-08-2020, 01:39 PM

Last edited by Gsinill; 06-08-2020 at 02:48 PM. Reason: wrong thread
Old 03-01-2021, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Another spammer banned. I deleted his post with the weird link and the quoted posts to get rid of them. Thanks for your patience while we try and close this loophole.