Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-24-2020, 11:14 AM

Dry comment on trading their 1st round pick...

“It was a situation where we thought the trade made sense,” Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio said after the first round was complete. “I’m sure we’ll be active [Friday]. At some point, we’ll end up picking a player.”
Old 04-24-2020, 11:28 AM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbowlpats View Post
LOL - that was more Atlanta choking than the Pats winning. Falcons run the ball and no time left for Pats. I'm Pats fan but also a realist (is that possible?). Pats wake up each year and have won the AFC East title. so then its just about getting the 1 or 2 seed. Getting past NO or ATL wont be as easy as the Bills, Jets and Dolphins.
If you admit that Woodson caused a fumble and Denounce the Tuck Rule then I'll believe you.

Tobe fair, as a fan in general I wish the helmet catch did not happen and 17-0 did. There certainly were a few NE SB's that could have gone different ways for sure - Kasay kickoff goes OB, Marshawn doesnt get the ball, TB overthrows welker, the helmet catch...when I step back, i still have them 5-4 in SB's...
Old 04-24-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 572cv View Post
“It was a situation where we thought the trade made sense,” Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio said after the first round was complete. “I’m sure we’ll be active [Friday]. At some point, we’ll end up picking a player.”
Hope they take that tight end from ND (forget his name), the QB from Georgia - Fromm, and the WR from PSU - Hamler.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmtong View Post
If you admit that Woodson caused a fumble and Denounce the Tuck Rule then I'll believe you.

Tobe fair, as a fan in general I wish the helmet catch did not happen and 17-0 did. There certainly were a few NE SB's that could have gone different ways for sure - Kasay kickoff goes OB, Marshawn doesnt get the ball, TB overthrows welker, the helmet catch...when I step back, i still have them 5-4 in SB's...
That was absolutely a fumble. I had never heard of the tuck rule before that. But it does make up for the roughing the passer call against the Pats in the 1976 playoff game against those Raiders
Old 04-24-2020, 02:32 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbowlpats View Post
That was absolutely a fumble. I had never heard of the tuck rule before that. But it does make up for the roughing the passer call against the Pats in the 1976 playoff game against those Raiders
That's a good one to be impartial.

I think if they call it a fumble, Raiders win 1-2 SB's since Gruden stays. Pats dynastic run is delayed a few years but undoubtedly still happens. Admittedly I also recall Raiders not being able to stop the run AFTER the Tuck Rule but of course that was a major momentum shift.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:19 PM
quadropheniac

Bobby Kraft is still dealing with his visit to the il bordello back in 2019...the appeal hearing by the State’s Attorney General will be live-streamed too.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-en...ft-case-update
Old 06-29-2020, 02:23 PM
Boeuf Chane

And I thought this bump would be related to Cam...
Old 06-29-2020, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
And I thought this bump would be related to Cam...
Old 06-29-2020, 03:31 PM

And I thought the bump was because of another video incident
Old 06-29-2020, 04:00 PM

And I thought the bump was because of another deflation incident. Or mysterious comms outage when the other team has the ball. Or...
Old 06-29-2020, 06:25 PM
what's a little rust?

I think I saw that they lost a third round draft pick for a bit of routine cheating. It's not even headline news for them anymore, just a standard part of the PR template.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
I think I saw that they lost a third round draft pick for a bit of routine cheating. It's not even headline news for them anymore, just a standard part of the PR template.
And something like a $1.1 million USD fine and the loss of a 2021 third round draft pick. Yawn. Robert Kraft (the owner) doesn't really care about that. He's worth about $7 billion USD.

He's too busy defending himself in his case involving solicitation of prostitutes. Deflategate, Spygate, Hookergate... yawn.

https://www.usnews.com/news/sports/a...ppellate-court
Old 09-22-2020, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben View Post
And something like a $1.1 million USD fine and the loss of a 2021 third round draft pick. Yawn. Robert Kraft (the owner) doesn't really care about that. He's worth about $7 billion USD.

He's too busy defending himself in his case involving solicitation of prostitutes. Deflategate, Spygate, Hookergate... yawn.

https://www.usnews.com/news/sports/a...ppellate-court
Robert Kraft is busy alright...his defense won! According to this article the prosecution, law enforcement of the state of Florida basically wasted their time/well earned taxpayer's dollars pursuing a case against the asian spa they accused of human trafficing. No doubt he was probably guilty but the key evidence/video surveillance was considered not allowed. Although they argued it was necessary to to video money exchanged to make the case. Interesting,convoluted situation. I imagine there may well have been a payoff but who knows?

https://www.gloucestertimes.com/news...c3a48f158.html
Old 09-22-2020, 03:43 PM

Cam Newton played great until he didn't.
Old 09-22-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
Cam Newton played great until he didn't.
Oh I don't know but from what I read he could be better but not so bad. He's a bit hard on himself but he's got potential is what I'm taking away from that.

Gotta be honest I'm not a big Pats fan. Just wowed by the latest developments with Kraft's legal woes. I guess I'm trolling although I think a majority of us have been with this high profile ball club that they are.

Last edited by gemship; 09-22-2020 at 03:54 PM.