Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-20-2015, 12:25 PM

What tough questions did the colts avoid? They got spanked by a better team, both personnel and coaching. I think everyone foresaw this outcome at the outset. They're not as good as the pats and they're certainly not as well coached.

As much as I like Luck, he's also not quite at the Brady level yet in terms of experience and vision.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlond View Post
Is this actually true? Some of the articles I've seen suggest that each team plays with the footballs they bring, and that the officials check the inflation and then return them to the team's representatives before the game starts.
This is exactly how the former NFL head of officiating described the process.

Just read how Aaron Rodgers like to overinflate the ball on purpose for his throwing style:http://www.csnne.com/new-england-pat...late-footballs

Seems to me the real investigation should be why the Colts were allowed to take the field with the same game plan that didnt work in the first game.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Yesterday I didn't watch the games on TV, just listened to them on the radio.

OMG - I just found a picture of the football the Pats were using:

Marshawn lynch would rush for over 200 yards with this nerf ball and a big bag of skittles against the pats
Old 01-20-2015, 02:02 PM
Windrider

OT - Patriots, again- say it aint so Bill

Here is the fundamental issue here that Pats fans want to ignore.

He got caught cheating and the largest fine in the history if the NFL to that point was levied. You can all say it was nothing, and that he got no gain etc, but the fine would say otherwise. Most people give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove themselves untrustworthy. Then there is always the presumption of guilt. Integrity is not sometime, it's all the time. He and the PATs have already demonstrated they will do anything to win. In a league where the difference between winning and losing is so small, cheating can be that difference.

With the demonstrated lack of integrity with these two teams, they should rename this game "The Cheaters Bowl"

"One of the largest obstacles to seeing truth......is wanting something too much."
Old 01-20-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len J View Post
Here is the fundamental issue here that Pats fans want to ignore.

He got caught cheating and the largest fine in the history if the NFL to that point was levied. You can all say it was nothing, and that he got no gain etc, but the fine would say otherwise. Most people give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove themselves untrustworthy. Then there is always the presumption of guilt. Integrity is not sometime, it's all the time. He and the PATs have already demonstrated they will do anything to win. In a league where the difference between winning and losing is so small, cheating can be that difference.

With the demonstrated lack of integrity with these two teams, they should rename this game "The Cheaters Bowl"
When did the Seahawks cheat? Your sounding like a mad little cry baby

Go Hawks!
Old 01-20-2015, 02:43 PM
Windrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBash View Post
When did the Seahawks cheat? Your sounding like a mad little cry baby

Go Hawks!

More PED violations than any other team.

The statement "we will pass interfere every play knowing they won'T call them all. "

Hiring a cheater as head coach.

People bring their integrity with them, integrity doesn't change.

Just bringing things fans don't like...... Facts.

Len

"One of the largest obstacles to seeing truth......is wanting something too much."
Old 01-20-2015, 02:53 PM
Classics Fan

Quote:
Let's look at something like Offensive Holding. This is against the rules, yet many players do it during the game. Should we deem them all cheaters? Some get away with it, some get caught and are penalized. Do you cast dispersions on those players that are caught, like they lack integrity?

Or how about a player that takes a cheap shot, trying to injure another player (cough, Ndamukong Suh). Or a team that implements a system to reward players that injure the other team? Or is that just 'playing the game hard'?

Or, like the clip above describes, Aaron Rodgers, who intentionally over-inflates the balls? Lack of integrity? Trying to get every advantage he can?

Yeah, Belichick made a mistake, and he was punished severely for it based on league rules. I don't see how that is that much different than an offensive lineman trying to hold a rushing defensive player to get an extra second to let his QB complete a pass. Both are infractions of the rule, both are punished proportionally by the league.

It seems like there is more vitriol directed at Bill Belichick than at Ray Rice, based on some of these comments.
Old 01-20-2015, 03:15 PM
Windrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTuck View Post
Let's look at something like Offensive Holding. This is against the rules, yet many players do it during the game. Should we deem them all cheaters? Some get away with it, some get caught and are penalized. Do you cast dispersions on those players that are caught, like they lack integrity?

Or how about a player that takes a cheap shot, trying to injure another player (cough, Ndamukong Suh). Or a team that implements a system to reward players that injure the other team? Or is that just 'playing the game hard'?

Or, like the clip above describes, Aaron Rodgers, who intentionally over-inflates the balls? Lack of integrity? Trying to get every advantage he can?

Yeah, Belichick made a mistake, and he was punished severely for it based on league rules. I don't see how that is that much different than an offensive lineman trying to hold a rushing defensive player to get an extra second to let his QB complete a pass. Both are infractions of the rule, both are punished proportionally by the league.

It seems like there is more vitriol directed at Bill Belichick than at Ray Rice, based on some of these comments.

Some infractions are more severe than others. But yea, based in evidence Suh has little integrity.

Comparing occasional offensive holding w institutional cheating encouraged from the top is absurd.

Len

Old 01-20-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlond View Post
Is this actually true? Some of the articles I've seen suggest that each team plays with the footballs they bring, and that the officials check the inflation and then return them to the team's representatives before the game starts.

What I saw was the refs inspect the balls and then the balls are in the hands of the equipment guys supplied by the home team. I don't recall ever seeing them swap balls based on which team is on offense. But what do I know?
Old 01-20-2015, 03:37 PM

[QUOTE=Len J;1691781]More PED violations than any other team. One of the youngest teams in the NFL and several teams right behind them on PED's...I think Bruce Irvin was the last and he was suspended for 4 games.

The statement "we will pass interfere every play knowing they won'T call them all. "
BS, Seahawks lead the league in penalty's..so you have nothing there.

No he's not...He coaches the Seahawks! You need to get over the USC thing.

Nothing here, just your opinion.

Seahawks are one of America’s favorite teams and at the top in the league in Jersey sales.

Go SeaHawks!
Old 01-20-2015, 03:57 PM
needs adult supervision

Here's the reality of spygate:

A large majority of teams in the NFL were taping opponents as they practiced. The league office sent a memo to ALL teams telling them ALL to stop doing it.

Belichek didn't stop. The size of the penalty wasn't due to filming and cheating. Bill got whacked because he defied the league office, that's what the NFL hates most. He's arrogant and hates being dictated to.

About deflategate:

As Aaron Rodgers quote attests, all QBs push the rules to get the ball they like to use the most. But that doesn't fit the narrative, does it?

The colts got their asses kicked because they can't build a good team. Just see their last two first round picks. Maybe if they looked in the mirror instead of blaming others they might improve faster. They look like crybabies crying about footballs.

Last edited by Climb01742; 01-20-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTuck View Post

I dislike belicheck more because:

1. what he did possibly affected my team in a super bowl.
2. He's in a position of authority
3. He's an obnoxious, arrogant smug bastard
4. He's been around longer

Frankly what Rice did doesn't affect me at all. It's not the nfl's job to regulate domestic relationships and abuse. The prosecutor elected to treat it a certain way and his victim married the guy. It was the prosecitor's job. Frankly it's her job to defend her interests, and if she's not going to attacking the NFL seems like a stretch.

I sure as hell don't want to be accountable for what our employees do in their home lives.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climb01742 View Post
Here's the reality of spygate:

A large majority of teams in the NFL were taping opponents as they practiced. The league office sent a memo to ALL teams telling them ALL to stop doing it.

Belichek didn't stop. The size of the penalty wasn't due to filming and cheating. Bill got whacked because he defied the league office, that's what the NFL hates most. He's arrogant and hates being dictated to.

About deflategate:

As Aaron Rodgers quote attests, all QBs push the rules to get the ball they like to use the most. But that doesn't fit the narrative, does it?

The colts got their asses kicked because they can't build a good team. Just see their last two first round picks. Maybe if they looked in the mirror instead of blaming others they might improve faster. They look like crybabies crying about footballs.
As I understand it that is not true. Other teams watched practices, though I am not aware of them having libraries of those tapes. I freely admit to not having followed every article about it, and I am certain that Boston fans are quite practiced in defending the putz.

I will tell you that NFL player Hollis Thomas has said you called our plays on the field during the bowl in a way he had never seen. He's never called any other coach or team a bunch of cheating scum. Hines ward stated the same. Other players have as well, though I don't recall every time I've heard it.

Last edited by Aaron O; 01-20-2015 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:26 PM
needs adult supervision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron O View Post
As I understand it that is not true. Other teams watched practices, though I am not aware of them having libraries of those tapes. I freely admit to not having followed every article about it, and I am certain that Boston fans are quite practiced in defending the putz.

I will tell you that NFL player Hollis Thomas has said you called our plays on the field during the bowl in a way he had never seen. He's never called any other coach or team a bunch of cheating scum. Hines ward stated the same. Other players have as well, though I don't recall every time I've heard it.
Perhaps part of the problem is that there are tons of anecdotal stories floating around and each of us can only hear some fraction of the total. I certainly can't claim to have an exhaustive knowledge here but from what I've heard and read, the practice was widespread among teams. Jimmy Johnson, for example, admitted to having done it too and said every coach pushes the rules in their own ways. It's how you become and stay an NFL coach he said.

I'm not trying to defend everything BB does or how arrogant he can be. But his behavior has become an excuse for other teams not being consistently good. We lost because Bill cheats is easier to live with than we lost because we don't (pick your point) coach as well or draft as well or game plan as well or practice as hard or whatever. As I said earlier, BB can be a real tool but the Pats' record the last almost 15 years isn't due to cheating. And some teams just can't accept that he's been that good that long and they haven't. So they blame him, rather than look at themselves.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:30 PM
Windrider

[QUOTE=SBash;1691823]
Quote:
More PED violations than any other team. One of the youngest teams in the NFL and several teams right behind them on PED's...I think Bruce Irvin was the last and he was suspended for 4 games.

BS, Seahawks lead the league in penalty's..so you have nothing there.

No he's not...He coaches the Seahawks! You need to get over the USC thing.

Nothing here, just your opinion.

Seahawks are one of America’s favorite teams and at the top in the league in Jersey sales.

Go SeaHawks!
They lead the league, and still don't get called as much as they admit to holding.

So Carroll cheated, but only at USC....ROFL.... I have a Bridge for you.