Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-05-2019, 12:54 PM
il Curmudgeoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramnnim View Post
it may or may not be possible to get around that payment block by using a paypal account set to a different country.
I've tried pretty much everything I could think of including that. I even had someone in the UK who was going to purchase a pre-paid card and set it up that way....but they won't take a pre-paid card.

The only way around it that I can see is to have someone living in a country that Eurosport broadcasts to set up an account with their CC/Paypal and info and then reimburse them. But that's a lot to ask of someone so I guess I'm just SOL.

It really sucks because the NBC Gold package doesn't carry the races that I want to watch, which is only women's racing other than a couple of exceptions. It looks like Flobikes has a very limited number of women's races and Fubo has them all but that price per month is far more than I'm willing to pay. ES was good about showing quite a few women's races.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:24 PM

I only used the Polish IP to subscribe...use a UK IP to watch and it's in English.

Er...my friend did that. He opened an account from paypal.co.uk and paid with that account. He could try to subscribe for someone else if they want.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst72 View Post
NBC Sports Gold is definitely worth it.

Question on FLobikes...are there full event replays?
yeah,FloBikes has replays and it looks like their coverage has expanded for this year.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommasini53 View Post
yeah,FloBikes has replays and it looks like their coverage has expanded for this year.
Has anyone subscribed to Flobikes, and if so, is it worth $13/month?
Old 03-18-2019, 06:59 AM

I have flobikes and the coverage is good. Just to be clear, it is $13 a month if you sign up for a year. If you are on the month to month plan, I think it is $29.

A budddy of mine registered his email for flobikes.com but didn't purchase a plan. They then sent him a coupon for 20% off and he went ahead and bought the yearly plan.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:18 AM

Good to know. I’ll sign up and then wait a few days to see if they send the code. I know I’ll end up signing up for NBC to watch Roubaix and the tour but I’m wondering just how much cycling I can watch in one season.