Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-21-2021, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbnm View Post
Before March 2020, they carried very little and had to order everything. I doubt that has changed.
they are legit, but struggling with availability.

ordered campy SR UT cups in april, still waiting...but i've ordered from them just fine previously. lemme think...i bought my time vxrs from them.

Last edited by wallymann; 06-21-2021 at 04:14 PM.
Old 06-21-2021, 02:45 PM
aka RAEKWON

I had a terrible experience with them, the one place I will never buy anything from.

I bought a frame from them and they told me it was out of stock (on their site they have everything but will not tell you they don't have most of it). They took my money and then said the frame was out of stock but they would it in a few weeks. Then became a month, then more, I don't remember but they stringed me a long for a while. Eventually I messaged the company (they sold the bike direct so I was wondering what the deal was since it was available on their site) They told me that their bikes had been out of stock for like a week and that is it, they have had plenty and looked and there was no order placed from glory for my frame. Glory probably did not have enough cash to order the frame so they were stringing me along, probably eventually some other sucker ordered a frame and they used his money and place order for my frame and the other dude would be waiting.

This was really bad and now how you should do business and the whole lying thing was not good. I am not the only one that has had problems with them, look online.

so I say, STAY AWAY.
Old 06-22-2021, 12:28 PM

I had a bad experience with them ordering a groupset. They told me it was available at the end of January, then February, then in March I asked them he it was going to show up. He said maybe sometime in the summer. I cancelled my order and ordered from someplace else. I think they get orders and then order the merchandise.
Old 06-22-2021, 12:37 PM

They are real. I just a few minutes away from my house. Not really a shop in the traditional sense. As far as I know, they order direct from suppliers as orders come in. In a way, they are at the mercy of the suppliers being on top of their actual inventory levels. The owner is a nice enough guy and is at the group rides in town. I have no personal experience actually ordering from them though.
Old 06-22-2021, 12:51 PM
I need you cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnhood View Post
I assume you want carbon but just in case, I have a 44mm Wing Pro bar (aluminum). Never used, $40 + shipping.
yeah....looking for carbon. I need 42cm at shifter width, which ends up being a "44cm" bar in K Force and SL-K

I was able to cancel order with them pretty easily. I have some SL-K bars coming...should be here Thursday.

Thanks for the offer though!
Old 06-22-2021, 12:57 PM

I've ordered a few things from them. No issues.
Old 06-22-2021, 12:58 PM

If it's on sale it's in stock. Got my Protone for half off. Thanks Glory Cycles!
Old 06-22-2021, 01:06 PM

Echo what others have said. Great people but due to the times stocks very. See something you like either call or email to confirm in stock ready to ship.
Old 06-22-2021, 01:10 PM
aka RAEKWON

not sure I would say they are good guys after all the lying.

I mean look at the reviews online

https://www.yelp.com/biz/glory-cycles-greenville

and they have poor reviews on every site. And with the covid supply problem it is probably even worst.
Old 07-08-2021, 02:10 PM

Just got done with the return process with one of my busted saddles. They took care of things and gave me a store credit. They seem to be honest brokers. I'd recommend them.
Old 07-08-2021, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
not sure I would say they are good guys after all the lying.

I mean look at the reviews online

https://www.yelp.com/biz/glory-cycles-greenville

and they have poor reviews on every site. And with the covid supply problem it is probably even worst.
Pretty bad reviews. Doesn’t jive with the person I met, but I’ve been fooled before!
Old 07-08-2021, 02:50 PM
aka RAEKWON

yeah I bet there are some good guys in there, I would not know. After my experience its one of those places I could never ever recommend.
Old 07-08-2021, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
yeah I bet there are some good guys in there, I would not know. After my experience its one of those places I could never ever recommend.
I partied and raced with the owner for a week in Thailand
Old 07-09-2021, 03:29 PM
Cat 6

I bought a bike from them in dec 2019. It was a price that was advertised so low, that another shop complained to the manufacturer/importer and they made them stop advertising it at that price. I called them and asked for that former price and they agreed. I paid on-line and then I got a run-around. First it was 2 weeks, then 2 more weeks, then a month, then any day now. No one would give me a straight answer. This went on for 5 months (ordered Dec 18 - received May 6), me asking what was the ETA, and then them giving excuses as to why it hasn't arrived and saying should be here in a week or so. I wasn't bothered because I wasn't in a rush- (it was for CX racing). In the end, I was pleased with the bike, and the price I was able to get it for, but I can see how someone else who wanted the bike right now would be extremely pissed off. I'n my case, I was ok with the wait and I was ready to dispute the charge with the credit card company if I needed to take action.

I'd say not great customer service at all. If they had just told me the actual ETA, I would rate them so badly. Having said that, I have bought other (smaller) things from them with no issues.
Old 07-09-2021, 06:53 PM

I got a Chris King headset.
They were backordered, but I knew that going into it and they communicated it to me in the sale confirmation email.
Price was reasonable, once they got it, they shipped it quickly.

Overall, an uneventful experience.