Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-29-2020, 08:37 AM

Speaking of the Cyfac Cadence, there's a nice looking medium frame FS on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cyfac-Caden...ry!05055!US!-1
Old 06-29-2020, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paredown View Post
If anyone stumbles across a Large in the custom orange color, shoot me PM!

They called it "Tangerine"

https://forums.thepaceline.net/attac...1&d=1589464078
I've been watching for this in my size for a number of years now. Yep, Tangerine and you don't see many. Lots of people are not fond of it...but I call it "unique". Let me know if you find one in a S or XS. And I'll watch for a Large as well.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:17 AM

Wonder if someone can tell me what kind of headsets and bottom brackets these Look 585s use, please. Is it a threaded bottom bracket?

Waiting on seller for some info, like the year, but the photos don't look like it has a headset. Small photos. Bottom bracket looks like threads.

I'm looking at an Optimum. Never built up.

Oh, and maybe the seat post diameter? Looks like it doesn't come with headset, seatpost, or bottom bracket.

I've looked at a few reviews, but haven't found any detailed info, yet.

thanks
M

Last edited by picstloup; 06-29-2020 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:32 AM
You still here?

My Look 585 Optimum has an English threaded bottom bracket and 27.2 seat post, Looks came from the factory with their own proprietary headset installed.

At a casual glance a Look doesn’t appear to have a ‘conventional headset, theirs is sort of hidden.

Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E4E4F5CC-0B69-44E8-A4FA-1003AF66EF02.jpeg (122.2 KB, 343 views)
Old 06-29-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picstloup View Post
Wonder if someone can tell me what kind of headsets and bottom brackets these Look 585s use, please. Is it a threaded bottom bracket?

Waiting on seller for some info, like the year, but the photos don't look like it has a headset. Small photos. Bottom bracket looks like threads.

I'm looking at an Optimum. Never built up.

Oh, and maybe the seat post diameter? Looks like it doesn't come with headset, seatpost, or bottom bracket.

I've looked at a few reviews, but haven't found any detailed info, yet.

thanks
M
No headset = no buy in my world. You need all the pieces to make it work. These frames have removable races and they’re hard to find. With no headset it will be far more trouble than it’s worth IMHO. Can you post pictures?

BB is standard English threaded.

Seatpost is 27.2 mm.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab2000 View Post
No headset = no buy in my world. You need all the pieces to make it work. These frames have removable races and they’re hard to find. With no headset it will be far more trouble than it’s worth IMHO. Can you post pictures?

BB is standard English threaded.

Seatpost is 27.2 mm.
It's a bit of a blur, but I was able to blow it up a bit and it seems evident now there is no headset...does come with seat post clamp...

really, would a headset be hard to find for this?...I don't need a headache, that's for sure...

will wait on seller info for the year and who knows, maybe he has a headset?...

look.585optimum (1)
by Morris, on Flickr

Last edited by picstloup; 06-30-2020 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
It's a bit of a blur, but I was able to blow it up a bit and it seems evident now there is no headset...does come with seat post clamp...

really, would a headset be hard to find for this?...I don't need a headache, that's for sure...

will wait on seller info for the year and who knows, maybe he has a headset?...

look.585optimum (1) by Morris, on Flickr
I think it will be hard to find the bearing races. Without all the pieces I wouldn’t buy it. Perhaps someone else has an idea.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:25 AM
NJ/NashV/PDX

Quote:
No headset = no buy in my world. You need all the pieces to make it work. These frames have removable races and they’re hard to find. With no headset it will be far more trouble than it’s worth IMHO.

Still available as a total kit. Just adjust the price of the frameset down down telling seller 120.00 for solution in headset plug and play is why you are adjusting your offer.

Might could be sourced cheaper, but this is the baseline as far as I am concerned.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think anyone that has ridden one can attest extra effort to attain what extra these offer on the road rolling worthwhile. How much 'extra' coin that means is $ubjective to your lu$t for one I gue$$. They run cheaper than the VRX and LTD Addicts for the most part, give you a little room in the wallet perhaps.

Last edited by robt57; 06-29-2020 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robt57 View Post
Still available as a total kit. Just adjust the price of the frameset down down telling seller 120.00 for solution in headset plug and play is why you are adjusting your offer.

Might could be sourced cheaper, but this is the baseline as far as I am concerned.

Never seen that before. But yeah, if that’s available you’re probably good to go.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robt57 View Post

I think anyone that has ridden one can attest extra effort to attain what extra these offer on the road rolling worthwhile. How much 'extra' coin that means is $ubjective to your lu$t for one I gue$$. They run cheaper than the VRX and LTD Addicts for the most part, give you a little room in the wallet perhaps.
that looks like the original Look set up, but at that link, amazon . com it is not available...
Old 06-29-2020, 10:37 AM
NJ/NashV/PDX

Quote:
Never seen that before. But yeah, if that’s available you’re probably good to go.
I egged a user here one to grab an XXL Origin on eBay when we both started getting direct highly discounted offers from seller. his shipping was high to PNW, And I have an XL already nor need a bigger one. I connected to that sale asking seller a few questions.

But the PL user that got it was 1500 mile closer to shipper. Add the coin for that kit on Amazon [he sent me the link that link clearly belongs in this thread], still reasonable all in cost IMO.

I don't see a point in time I will release my Origin that is stripped to nude sporting 11s Campy.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:38 AM
NJ/NashV/PDX

That looks nice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv_vt View Post
Speaking of the Cyfac Cadence, there's a nice looking medium frame FS on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cyfac-Caden...ry!05055!US!-1
Old 06-29-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave thompson View Post
My Look 585 Optimum has an English threaded bottom bracket and 27.2 seat post, Looks came from the factory with their own proprietary headset installed.

At a casual glance a Look doesn’t appear to have a ‘conventional headset, theirs is sort of hidden.

Hope this helps.
thanks for this info...it does help...and it appears you are right, the look headset might be a problem to source if the frame doesn't come with it...i'm checking with the seller...
Old 06-29-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
thanks for this info...it does help...and it appears you are right, the look headset might be a problem to source if the frame doesn't come with it...i'm checking with the seller...
I would contact a shop in France which sells Looks or has contact with them. Or being in France maybe you will have success contacting them directly.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:29 AM

Look 585

Need to a bit more specific about the headset. Is it just the headset bearings? Or the metal insets and couple of other bits that sit in the headtube?

If it’s just the bearings, those are widely available.

Last edited by nobuseri; 06-29-2020 at 01:05 PM.